Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

The Hypocrisy Of The West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of The West (329 Views)

The Hypocrisy Of Justice Mohammed, A Key Member Of The NJC. / Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War / The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of The West by frankman365(m): 10:52am On Mar 08, 2020
I have watched the ongoing US Democratic party primaries, I have not heard CNN tell us the age of the candidates in their reporting of the campaigns.
During the Nigerian elections, it was seen as a norm for CNN and other media outlets to emphasize on the age of the candidates.
Look at Joe Biden who will be 78 in November and Bernie Sanders who will be 79 in September, campaigning for the position that they will prolly stay for 8yrs.
I know some persons may say that they are honest with their age. That is not the issue here. The issue is that America stands a chance of having an 87 yr old president if Sanders should win Biden and goes ahead to win Trump (something I pray against). No one is concerned, but if it's in Nigeria or African, the whole Western Media will make it an issue.
More disturbing is the fact that our Media houses also buy into this cheap blackmail.
I am not by any means clamouring for gerontocrats in Nigeria or anywhere, I am only concerned about the double standard deployed by the likes of CNN.
Its high time we developed the mentality of not buying into everything dished out by this Western agents.

cc:
Seun
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West by helinues: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2020
Good morning. Una just dey see the hypocrisy of Western media most especially CNN..

CNN is looking more like a gossiping media these days.

BBC is the most neutral media among them just that their presenters/programs are boring
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:14am On Mar 08, 2020
Only low IQ individuals watch CNN
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West by sapientia(m): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2020
Oga, that's the media.

They do it only when age seems to be making you senile.

There are people in Nigeria more than that age who are smart and can lead but we rarely give them chance.

If you have watched Buhari's interview and still believe age have not affected his brain, then you need help.

Is he older than OBJ? Have you ever heard anyone use age against him?

Reason is that you can catch him off guard and he will respond to what you asked.

Try it with Buhari and get a tsunami.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West by danvon(m): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2020
When you said the West i thought you meant 'the West'
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West by Hoephase: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2020
Oga what stops Nigerian media from covering the US election as they deem fit just like CNN did during Nigeria election.

Your Channel TV, AIT, punch etc can focus on the age of the US presidential candidate.

When will Africa ignore and stop blaming the west for everything and take responsibility for onve?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West by Iamgrey5(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2020
helinues:
Good morning. Una just dey see the hypocrisy of Western media most especially CNN..

CNN is looking more like a gossiping media these days.

BBC is the most neutral media among them just that their presenters/programs are boring
Do you know what gossip is sir?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West by Iamgrey5(m): 11:40am On Mar 08, 2020
At no time have CNN not mentioned the age of Joe or Sandars

The age thing is usually played by opposition not news media.

Like Fayose claimed that Buhari was using diapers and old in 2015.

(1) (Reply)

Crisis In Okitipupa As They Are Planning For A Protest Over The Blackout For 10 / President Buhari Speaks On Corona Virus - March 29th 2020 - Watch Live / Deploying Soldiers To Enforce Lockdown Is Illegal - Femi Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.