Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Interview Nugget - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Interview Nugget (230 Views)

Life Nugget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview Nugget by Employmenthub(f): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
Here are a few reasons why some of us don't get feedback:

-Some people apply and use any subject they like as the subject of the mail.... You may likely not get any feedback. Most openings states what to use as subject, if not stated, pls always use the job position or title as the subject of the mail.

-Some others will use the correct subject and then leave the body of the mail empty. They will just attach CV. Sorry Darling, You may likely not get feedback.
What to use as the body of the mail depends on the vacancy, some vacancies will request for CV and cover letter, attach both and leave a little write up on the body of the mail... Eg, "dear hiring manager, I have attached an updated copy of my resume and cover letter for your consideration." .. ....u can Use this too if only CV is attached.

Note: u mustn't use my words, don't use cliché words neither eg "find attached documents"........very cliché..

-Some will use the right subject and body to their email but forget to attach their CV. Well could be a mistake. Try to always cross check your application before sending

-Another mistake is to forward a mail you have sent to a previous application to a new application. You may not likely get a feedback, always treat every application as a fresh mail

-If the job location you want to apply reads lagos for instance ensure your address too is Lagos. If you are not based in Lagos and want to apply for Lagos jobs, borrow address and use it on your CV

Finally, use the Job descriptions of the particular opening u r applying to edit your CV. I mean, pick key words from the JD and include them on your CV, ATS is a software recruiters use to sort CVS based on JD keywords.

- Entry level comprises of graduates with 0-3 years experience mostly, so if you just rounded up NYSC and u r waiting to see loads of openings that states 0yr experience in the requirements, sweetheart, you go wait tire oh.

Send a WhatsApp text or call 08080756701 for CV rewrite or Cv review

1 Like

Re: Interview Nugget by Employmenthub(f): 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2020
Greetings

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Some Assistance In Your Academic Research Work? / Team MBA 2021 / Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.