Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Recruitment Age Barrier What's It All About ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recruitment Age Barrier What's It All About ? (847 Views)

Break Every Financial Barrier,you Are More Than What You Think You Are. / PTDF Breaks Cultural Barrier, Produces Katsina’s First Female Pilot / O' Level As A Barrier For His Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment Age Barrier What's It All About ? by alaskaa(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2007
hello fellow nairalanders it's been a long time i pasted a topic why because am tired and fed up with this job search thing the most annoying thing is when you even want to apply for any job entry they now need people under 27 years of age what about those that are above is there any special job advert placements for them this thing is really fruastrating just wanted to say my mind maybe u all are below that age i don't know but am not okay with it at all.thanks .
Re: Recruitment Age Barrier What's It All About ? by TY4succex(m): 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2007
Truly and Naturally,this is a common problem restraining applicant from applying to such company that requested for incredibly low age from applicant. This has led to reduction of age by applicant. But i tell you if you so much have faith in God who is the authentic job-placer, you will encounter an advert that matches your requirement.
My personal experience is a testimony to this. I got my first job as a fresh graduate when i was going on 29 years after much interviews that that will not consumate in employment. A close friend had advice me not to lower my age and i had heeded. It worked! I did not only got a good job but also had good training and opportunity to travel outside the country for professional training.
The friend that adviced got his first job when he was 29 years as well but while going on 30years , he got Shell employment during which he is going to be trained through SITP programme despite the 28years requirement for employment in that establishment. It was nothing but GOD's work but God will not answer if he did not see faith in you. The age thing was overlooked for him and he was allowed to write the test and attend interviews.WE have all passed through this and am sure you will smile very soon.
Keep praying! work hard ,dont give up. cool

(1) (Reply)

Firs Aptitude Test / Get Itil Foundation Skill In Problem Managment, Get Job Anywhere, Anytime: / Somebody Hear This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.