Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Jonathan Reacts To Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reacts To Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment In South Africa (274 Views)

The US Vows Never To Recognize Okonjo Iweala’s Appointment As WTO DG / Jonathan Reacts To Allegations Of N300M Bribe From APC To Support David Lyon / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To The Death Of Fasoranti's daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Reacts To Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment In South Africa by solablings(f): 2:01am On Mar 09, 2020
Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, has expressed confidence that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala would deliver on her appointment as a member of South Africa’s Presidential Economic Advisory Council.

He said this in a post on his verified Facebook page on Sunday.

He said, “I congratulate Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who served as the coordinating minister for the economy/finance minister in my cabinet, on her appointment as a member of South Africa’s Presidential Economic Advisory Council.

“As a two-time minister in Nigeria, you left indelible marks as an astute manager of the nation’s economy and resources.

“I am delighted that you have continued to place your substantial wealth of experience as a development economist at the service of many nations and international organisations to aid global growth and progress.

“I have no doubt in my mind that you will excel in the new assignment.”

In the face of a dwindling economy, Ramaphosa had in September 2019 inaugurated the Presidential Economic Advisory Council to turn around the economy.

The South African economy had during the week entered into its second recession in two years.

At the second meeting of the advisory council held during the week, Iweala said via her verified Twitter handle @NOIweala on Saturday that the council discussed sources of growth for the South African economy and win-win economic interactions with the continent.

Source: https://nnf.com.ng/p/jonathan-reacts-to-okonjo-iwealas-appointment-in-south-africa/5015

Re: Jonathan Reacts To Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment In South Africa by kunleweb: 2:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Nice one. This woman doesn't stop, doesn't yet tired. Moving train. Where's Kemi ( Not Aunty Olunoyo o ), Kemi keji. Ikeji. Yes Kemi Adeyemo rada Adeosun grin
Re: Jonathan Reacts To Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment In South Africa by solablings(f): 5:29am On Mar 09, 2020
She has been repatrated to exile
kunleweb:
Nice one. This woman doesn't stop, doesn't yet tired. Moving train. Where's Kemi ( Not Aunty Olunoyo o ), Kemi keji. Ikeji. Yes Kemi Adeyemo rada Adeosun grin

(1) (Reply)

Threat From Boko Haram: This Is How IPOB Will Handle It / Why Kwara Is Yet To Sign Minimum Wage Deal — Kwara Governor / Buhari Attacked In Kebbi By An Angry Hausa Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.