Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared (84444 Views)

I am Scared O, Have Learnt My Lesson, No More Skin To Skin / The Scorpion I Found Just Now In My Room (Photo) / Live Four-inch Centipede Removed From A 52-year-old Woman EAR (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Deicide: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
I go start to day kill roches, then post it on nl since stuff like this day make fb.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Mobikay101(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Just be careful and fumigate your apartment that's all.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by GGirll: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

Thanks so much for this sir.
First thing as the day breaks, I'm going to get a bottle of sniper to deal with these things.
Thanks again chief...

just call fumigators n fumigate your room....

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by dayleke: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Tatansanko aka Centipede

grin

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by NigeriaBam: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2020
Lol.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by zudozz: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2020
something wey ur mates dey chop for China!
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by OyiOtukpo: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2020
[quote author=SaAyomikun post=87283282]

Honestly, it isn't, and it isn't stuffy. The only eyesore is the porous ceiling. The ceiling has holes: big and small.
Your room mustn't be stuffy or dirty for those things to come out. The heat is sending them out of their hideouts and they're seeking cooler places. I saw one crawl beneath my sitting room door once. So check that under your door doesn't have space.
Note: if this can crawl in, snakes also can.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by hipsyleema(f): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2020
How can you be afraid of common centipede?

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SenecaTheYonger: 11:03am On Mar 09, 2020
I killled one three days ago while it was raining.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2020
THIS SMALL THING..was thinking it was one big stuff..well thank God and dont start thinking it was sent from the village ooo

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Researchclue: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Well, its either the building is cold or its coming out from the toilet/bathroom doors.
Here in AkwaIbom, you see that almost everyday in your house. Its nothing to be scared of here oooo....

Meanwhile, get your applications and websites for as low as 20,000 naira

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Brooke60(f): 11:05am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:
Help me! I am scared. I Need Help Identifying this!

Friends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. I then picked up my broom smashed it.

Please, who knows what this is?
From its look, it looks harmful, is it truly harmful?
How can I prevent it?

It crawls very fast like a snake does.
PS: this is the second time I'd be killing such in my room, I just didn't take it seriously the first time.

I used to face this in my room. Same with the holes in the ceiling.
So, get Sniper, spray that ceiling, all the holes in the room , bathroom and corners. Then, bye bye!

Remember to always do this twice a month or once.

3 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by prettymaxy(f): 11:05am On Mar 09, 2020
What kind of insecticide can one use instead of sniper cos of toddlers in the house

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by mungoparks: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2020
They are not harmful they are your friends
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by 12345baba(m): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

First thing as the day breaks, I'm going to get a bottle of sniper to deal with these things.
Thanks again chief...
no drink am o

3 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Chuzoetoh(m): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2020
Agbakuru nwoke agbakuru nwanyi

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

Thanks again chief...
Please make sure you use it for ONLY the purpose of controlling these centipedes. Don’t change your mind

5 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SweetCunt97(f): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2020
I killed scorpion in mine just yesterday... No big deal.

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by NigeriaBam: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Centipedes are arthropods belonging to Class Chilopoda. They are predatory and venomous. ... Despite this, the venom usually is not strong enough to be life threatening to people, and most centipede bites are typically more painful for humans than they are dangerous.

Op there might be many more in your room,so you need to be careful..

Nice One

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by atobs4real(m): 11:07am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:
Help me! I am scared. I Need Help Identifying this!

Friends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. I then picked up my broom smashed it.

How can I prevent it?

It crawls very fast like a snake does.
PS: this is the second time I'd be killing such in my room, I just didn't take it seriously the first time.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore. angryFriends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. Out of timidity, I picked up my broom smashed it a few times before I swept it outside.
How can I prevent it?

PS: It crawls very fast like a snake does.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore.
fumigate and rest well

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by deolurexy1(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
sotall:
Poor creature
Mad person spotted
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by sweetlaw: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Maybe it fell from there .. So,work on your ceiling to avoid stories that touches d deepest part of d hrt biko cheesy

It survives in cool places. If your room is ql2qys cool, put fire inside
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Hifeylove: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
Your village people came visiting but wait ooo it’s like you said you smashed and killed it with a broom??!!! Gbam.. lobatan...
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
I wonder if snakes go back to open threads on snakeland.com like “The human I killed in his backyard”. Babasticbaba fp please!

Lalasticlala answer me angry
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by chikason22(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2020
Zimri:
grin

Knowing where you live is not difficult. Your room is stuffy. I killed one in my room not too long. Not as big as this.

But I know what my room looked like
Like a pig pen i guess. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by oche123: 11:09am On Mar 09, 2020
if you compound is beside a canal, you will keep seeing it, no matter how clean your are..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by AerialMapper: 11:10am On Mar 09, 2020
Yes they can sting with those two prongs on their tail but not really life-threatening to adults...children or people with allergic reactions may react differently.

Is your "bed" a mattress on the floor?

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by JVector: 11:11am On Mar 09, 2020
You have a damp room.
Fumigate, clean up and dry up your room

3 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by sapeleboi(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2020
you fear too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by talk2aikay(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2020
Make no mistake about it, that thing is a scorpion.

It’s the long-tailed specie and it’s really fast and venomous. It feeds and lives on decaying wood. Got stung by one when I was younger and was forced to eat a bucketful of onions plus other stuff.

Anyways, this is your cue to fumigate your room inside-out. You’ve been particularly lucky to escape that stinger twice...don’t push your luck too far. Sniper is good but I’d suggest you find something even stronger...but watch it you don’t poison yourself instead.

Kill em all...happy hunting.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Elan83(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2020
another specie of scorpion, d venom is more concentrated & painful than d normal one we know, I know about three types of it

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Enskynelson(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2020
Just fumigate your apartment. If you can't afford that, get DD Force and drop all over the house. Close all doors and windows for three hours. This hot weather will make it work better.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Heavily Pregnant Woman Spotted Smoking, Sparks Reactions (Video) / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.