Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter (4205 Views)

Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager / Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City / Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by presido1: 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2010
An unconfirmed report reaching my desk just a minute ago is that Rafa has been relieved of his managerial position, he has returned to his home in NW England.

More info in a jiffy.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by tayoast(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2010
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by medjai(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2010
I think he just needed time. He is one of the best coaches around.
This was one of the most difficult jobs available. By taking this job, he stepped into some mighty large shoes and was always going to be compared to his very successful predecessor.
He was also very unlucky to have been appointed Inter's coach at a time when the Inter team have reached the peak of success; motivation was always going to be a challenge
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2010
medjai:

I think he just needed time. He is one of the best coaches around.
This was one of the most difficult jobs available. By taking this job, he stepped into some mighty large shoes and was always going to be compared to his very successful predecessor.
He was also very unlucky to have been appointed Inter's coach at a time when the Inter team have reached the peak of success; motivation was always going to be a challenge

I believe the part in bold also and this should be good new for Bayern who play them in the CL next round.

Inter havent been too stelar but in the league they have 2 games at hand which could change their league position drastically
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by medjai(m): 12:07am On Dec 22, 2010
I can visualize them heaving a huge sigh of relief in Munich on hearing this news. Bayern's chances are a little brighter now with Rafa out of the picture.

I think the fact that other teams have strengthened in the Serie A also didn't help him. Serie A this season is much tougher than it has ever been in recent times. Milan, Lazio, Napoli are stronger sides now. Mourinho was very lucky in the sense that his Inter team was hungry and also reigned supreme in the league at a time when the other teams were just disillusioned.
To bad the board wont consider all of these and will just compare the Mourinho era with Rafa's
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by bxg(m): 12:10am On Dec 22, 2010
maybe he will replace ancelotti
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by presido1: 12:13am On Dec 22, 2010
His down fall started when he attacked Fergie with his FACT.  

Dayo, if they win their two games in hand it can only step them up to 5th or 6th position. Their form lately is noting to bank on that they will win the two games. Even if they win they will still be 7 points behind the league toppers.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by dayokanu(m): 12:18am On Dec 22, 2010
No be AC Milan dey top? Even Napoli is second

the fact is no Italian club has been consistent enough this season. AS Roma, Juventus etc have all been dissappointing

In 4 weeks the tables might look different
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by fairsense(m): 1:18am On Dec 22, 2010
we want him back at liverpool. he is light years better than roy.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by tkb417(m): 6:52am On Dec 22, 2010
He shd go to Blackburn

What an error of a coach!

Akotileta

If Jose was the one coaching Inter this season, would they be where they are now? Never!
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 22, 2010
presido1:

Unconfirmred report reaching my desk just a minute ago is that Rafa has been relieved of his managerial position, he has returned to his home in NW England.

More info in a jiffy.

Are you working for Complete Sports?
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by Cristalz(f): 9:29am On Dec 22, 2010
I could hear some dude telling his friend about it on the street and say the story just reached my ''desk''. grin

Poor Rafa. I think he used to be a good coach. He lost his mojo at Liverpool. . .needs to recover it before he'll be a hit again anywhere else.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by MrTA(m): 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
If indeed he has been sacked. He needs to step out of the game for abit and then come back as he does look like he has lost his mojo. He's obviously a good coach but his last 18 months at 2 different clubs have one thing in common, Him. So you cant always blame the board.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by tkb417(m): 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2010
TA
The same board that worked with Jose?
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by rasputinn(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2010
Cristalz:

I could hear some dude telling his friend about it on the street and say the story just reached my ''desk''. grin

LOL
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by rasputinn(m): 7:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
It's such a shame he had to be sacked,you don't take swipes at club bosses,even if you've got issues with transfer policies and all what not,take a dig a your boss,you get shown the way out.
Even the special one got booted out of shamford bridge when he went to press with "the need to get good eggs in order to make good omelettes",for this self same reason,Carlo Ancelotti is living on borrowed time.

Well Rafa shouldn't stay long in the unemployment labour market
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 22, 2010
News across the media, has been quite inconsistent. At one time, Rafa's agent will confirm the sack while Inter President will deny it. Yet at another, it is vice versa. Disgusting!
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by amurx(m): 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
oh benitez
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by fairsense(m): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
Inter was an average team that took advantage of the corruption scandal to win titles in Italy. When Jose came in, he used his wizardry to turn them into a champion winning side in Europe. But now it's time Inter fans and owner realize that the honeymoon is over. They should take their place as a second rate team.
Credit to Benitez but it will only take the 'special one' to make that team win anything. As for Benitez, he should take a breather and stay away for a while. When Roy is gone from Liverpool, he should come back.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by mykali(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2010
you think Benitez will return to Liverpool?
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by fairsense(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
Benitez will return to Liverpool and will take the club to top four finish. Next year he will win the champions league trophy.
(d oracle has spoken)
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
Its official.

Inter sack Benitez.

Rafael Benitez has been sacked by Inter Milan, ending days of speculation about his future.

GettyImages
Rafael Benitez lasted six months at Inter

Benitez had been under heavy pressure after the side slumped to seventh in Serie A and, although the Club World Cup success this month appeared to have handed him a reprieve, he issued an ultimatum to president Massimo Moratti in the aftermath demanding backing in the transfer market.

"I'm sorry the relationship with Benitez is over," Moratti said. "But the split had become inevitable.''

Benitez, who left Liverpool in the summer after a disappointing season in the Premier League and Champions League, was handed the task of succeeding Jose Mourinho after their Treble-winning season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/857005?cc=5901
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by hustler(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sam Allardyce to take over
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by fairsense(m): 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2010
God forbid!!!! oti o!
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by bgees(m): 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
Rafa must now take a break from football but I wish he can come back stronger and get a job in Spain, yes Spain just to annoy Maureen .
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by aieromon(m): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2010
Next up. . . . . . . . . . Ancelloti
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by nateevs(m): 1:53am On Dec 24, 2010
Decent tactician but a very very poor manager. A man who signs 67 players in just over 6 seasons IMHO cannot be taken too seriously. What supposedly shot Benitez into the upper echelon of football was his achievement at Valencia. . . However even Avram Grant would have done well with that team with a solid foundation put together by Hector Cuper.

A man who sees the need to signs an average of 11 players per season I can't touch with a barge pole.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by nateevs(m): 1:54am On Dec 24, 2010
aieromon:

Next up. . . . . . . . . . Ancelloti

Yeah right.
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by BizBooks(m): 2:23am On Dec 24, 2010
Don't cry for Benitez. I heard he walked away with $7M.

Here's what Inter said on their website:

"Inter Milan and Rafael Benitez can announce that they have reached a mutually satisfactory agreement for the early termination of his contract, Inter thank Rafael Benitez for his work in leading his team to success in the Italian Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup."
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by mygee33(m): 3:19am On Dec 24, 2010
H e ll be smilling to another Club in no time
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by comechop(m): 4:13am On Dec 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Next stop - hopefully Man Utd!![/size]
Re: Rafa Benitez Sacked By Inter by Godchaser(m): 4:36am On Dec 24, 2010
eiyaaaa!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunderland vs Arsenal On Saturday, 18th Sept; 5.30pm Nig time / Aaron Lennon Vs Theo Walcott, Who Is Better? / Pics: Man Utd Champions 2013 Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.