Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers (23652 Views)

Unizik Suspends Official Over Certificate Forgery / UNIZIK Suspends Staff For Allegedly Forging Degree, NYSC Certificate / UNIZIK Suspends, Dismisses Three Lectures, 15 Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Aliencraft:
What if coronavirus has been in Nigeria since, killing people silently and we just don't know it.
now you are beginning to scare somebody. I just hope this Lassa fever we are shouting about in the north is not Corona virus oooo....

1 Like

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by ALABACONNECT(m): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
To be honest, this was so unnecessary. Well, check my signature for your smart TVs and Soundsystems
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by DavidEsq(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:
To be fair, the stigmatization on Chinese nationals is becoming too much.
Until ur father catches the disease, then u go know weda na discrimination abi stigmatization. Be speaking grammar there

2 Likes

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
Good for them!
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by reservd(m): 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:
Do you have an idea of what they would have done to Africans if it were Ebola

1 Like

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Realfixed6643: 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
see below
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Ebi89(f): 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:

Imagine what would have happened if this virus originated from Africa
they would have done worse
no pity on any white/chinese
cockroah eating creatures

1 Like

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by property123: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:

So you want them to come back and spread this virus when their govt hid this outbreak from the rest of the world?

2 Likes

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by uuzba(m): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Kinda racist. If they had the Corona by now it's too late for the students
Racist?
Go and get Chinese visa first and see how they will treat you.

1 Like

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by blowjohn(m): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
MycroftHolmes:

I get your point, the stigmatization and all. But the Chinese people would have done worse if this virus had originated elsewhere. Didn't you get the news of them barring foreigners from coming into the country for fear that they will bring the virus back in?

The Chinese are one of the worst racists on earth, so no pity from me to them.

tongue

I agree completely.
One imaginary cold beer for u.
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by ZAWs: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
This one everyone is just quoting me anyhow.
But enough of it already.

All I'm saying is that a hand of sympathy should be extended, and not this nation against nation behaviors.

BTW, the Chinese may have treated you so badly in the past, so you are now reciprocating?
Ofcourse not.

This high level evil disease is threatening Mankind as it stands.

We should be thankful we don't have it so rough yet.
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by RaptorX: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
I always find it funny when I hear Nigerians defending Chinese and this other non black races against so called racism. Pray that a virus like ebola doesn't break out on a large scale in Africa again you will find out how much hatred every one has against you. Left to me all this racist Chinese and those curry smelling Indians should have been sent packing long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by skywalker240(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
EcoBrick:

Ama what
grin
I HAD A LAUGH
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by gabrielsiz(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:
g

Go and take several seats please.

This is simply called "preventive measures"
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by flaggbarnett85: 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ahemahem

zzzz//////
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by gabrielsiz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
Proudlyngwa:
grin grin grin
Walahi, this one pass my power.

What is the relationship with learning Mandarin and coronavirus. I can understand not asking lectures who travelled not to return, but do they also know volume of other lectures who might have been to Italy or other badly hit countries.

Since you already know, you should write a mail to the school and tell them.
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Greatken007(m): 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
100% of students in that Institute at Unizik are Nigerians, it is been run by Chinese government to facilitate learning of Chinese language , although the Lecturers are of Chinese origin , it's just a control measure for safety nothing more.
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by etrange: 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Kinda racist. If they had the Corona by now it's too late for the students

Actually, they rotate teachers. Most of the teachers there are IT students in China so they usually return to school after one year. What the school actually did is to ask that no teacher be sent for now. The ones in Nigeria are the management members (they also teach but not regularly) and they can't handle all the HSK levels by themselves so the conficius institute (called kongzi xueyuan) had to be closed down.
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Mrford(m): 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
MycroftHolmes:

I get your point, the stigmatization and all. But the Chinese people would have done worse if this virus had originated elsewhere. Didn't you get the news of them barring foreigners from coming into the country for fear that they will bring the virus back in?

The Chinese are one of the worst racists on earth, so no pity from me to them.

tongue

They did worse during Ebola time. A friend of mine was denied visa that eventually cost him the scholarship to study in China.
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Torie8(f): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
EcoBrick:

Ama what
No it's NaNa Ama

1 Like

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by PicLtd: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Centcanada:
Eaya! This is my Amamata

Why you dey disgrace us like this?
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Quorax: 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Discombulator:

Pretty lame and unintelligent line of thought, so they willingly killed themselves,

You don't know at is happening. The next global war might not be nuclear war but bio-war.

You Nigerians think it is just sit your bonny ass and speak English that makes you smart.

2 Likes

Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Afamed: 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:
Na waaa. In one thread, you lamented Government is not taking any measure to prevent Covid 19, in another thread you claimed of stigmatization of Chinese.

Na waaa for una. This is not stigmatization but prevention. Even far away in China, their government has stopped entry of foreigners
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by ud4u: 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
This is getting serious
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Afamed: 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:
All of una want Covid 19 in Nigeria so that you can blame government at the end of the day. Shm
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Adebowalay(m): 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZAWs:
u can go and hang oga...what are you saying...if the reverse was d case...u know wetin for happen?
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by siwhoh(m): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
Wow, never knew they offer Chinese course at UNIZIK
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by maklelemakukula(m): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Aliencraft:
What if coronavirus has been in Nigeria since, killing people silently and we just don't know it.
I've been saying the same thing since.
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Legendguru: 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Slimsly100(f): 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
ChinoElects:
OK

Beautiful university that's filled with brain and beauty.

And cultism too
Re: Coronaviris: UNIZIK Suspends Chinese Course, Lecturers by Discombulator: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Quorax:

You don't know at is happening. The next global war might not be nuclear war but bio-war.

You Nigerians think it is just sit your bonny ass and speak English that makes you smart.

Any halfwit with a brain knows that's the most stupid thing there is when it comes to the virus, China has lost more people than all the world combined, common sense should help you discern what that means

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway / 7 Phrases You've Been Misquoting / UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.