Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Big Lesson For Christians And Muslims By Robin Scott - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Big Lesson For Christians And Muslims By Robin Scott (170 Views)

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? / Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) / Explaining The Hijab To Non-muslims- By Imam Nojeem Jimoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Lesson For Christians And Muslims By Robin Scott by Caregiver053: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Big Lesson for Christians and Muslims by Robin Scott, Labour MP in Victoria shared this on his Facebook page:

Jesus and Muslims are more alike than different.
Muslims follow Jesus in actions and love him in their hearts .

Please read that which I have discovered - Robin.

1. Jesus taught that there is only One God and Only God should be worshipped as taught in Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29.
Muslims also believe this as taught in the [Qur’an verse 4:171]

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork as taught in Leviticus 11:7, and neither do Muslims as taught in the
[Qur’an verse 6:145]

3. Jesus greeted with the words “as salaamualaikum” (Peace be with you) in *John 20:21.* Muslims also greet each other this way.
*[Quran Verse 24:61]*, and the greetings of the people of Paradise,
*[Quran Verse 14:23]*

4. Jesus always said “God Willing” (inshallah), Muslims say this too before doing anything as taught in the
*[Qur’an verses 18:23-24]*

5. Jesus washed his face, hands, and feet before praying. The Muslims do the same.
*[Quran Verse 5:6]*

6. Jesus and other prophets of the Bible offerd prayer with their head to the ground *(see Matthew 26:39).* Muslims do too as taught in the
*[Qur’an verse 3:43]*

7. Jesus had beard and wore a throbe. It is Sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.

8. Jesus followed the law and believed in all the prophets, *(see Matthew 5:17).* Muslims do too as taught in the
*[Qur’an verses 3:84, & 2:285]*

9. Jesus’ mother Maryam dressed modestly by fully covering her body and wearing a headscarf (hijab) as found in *1 Timothy 2:9, Genesis 24:64-65,* and *Corinthians 11:6.* Muslim women modestly dress the same as taught in the
*[Qur’an verse 33:59]*

10. Jesus and other prophets of the Bible fasting up to 40 days *(see Exodus 34:28, Daniel 10:2-6, Kings 19:8, and Matthew 4:1-* Muslims do so also during the month of Ramadan. Muslims are required to fast the full obligatory 30 days
*[see Qur’an 2:183],* and others take it a step further by fasting an additional 6 days to increase their rewards.

11. Jesus taught to say “Peace to this house” when entering it *(see Luke 10:5),* and to also greet the people in the house with “peace be unto you”. Muslims do exactly what Jesus did and taught. When we enter our homes and the homes of others we say “Bismillah” and also greet with "as salaamu alaikum” (peace be upon you) as taught in the
*[Qur’an verse 24:61]*

12. Jesus was circumcised. Circumcision is 1 of the 5 fitrah in Islam, so Muslim men are required to be circumcised. According to the Bible in *Luke 2:21,* Jesus was eight days old when he was circumcised. In the Torah, Allah/God stated to the Prophet Abraham that it is an “Everlasting covenant” *(see Genesis 17:13).* In the
*[Qur’an verse 16:123]*
Muslims are required to follow the religion of Abraham. The Prophet Muhammad said, “The Prophet Abraham circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.”

13. Jesus spoke aramaic and called God *”Elah”,* which is pronounced the same as *“Allah”.* Aramaic is an ancient, Biblical language. It is one of the Semitic languages that also include Hebrew, Arabic, Ethiopic and the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian language of Akkadian.
The Aramaic”Elah” and the Arabic “Allah” are the same.
The Aramaic *“Elah”* is derived from the Arabic *“Allah”,* and it means “GOD”. *“Allah”* in Arabic also means”GOD”, the Supreme GOD Almighty. You can easily see the similarity in their pronunciation so this concludes that the God of Jesus is also the God of the Muslims, of all mankind, and all that exist.

*(Do share to promote religious understanding & peace in the world)*
Re: Big Lesson For Christians And Muslims By Robin Scott by Eviana(f): 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
Yet the most extremely important belief that divides us, (Christians and Muslims) is the belief of Jesus the Christ' deity.

Christians believe Jesus is the Son of God, is the only way to the Father, and sits at the right hand of God.

John 1:14 (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 (KJV)
30 I and my Father are one

Revelation 3:21 (KJV)

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

P.S.

Was just noticing, sir/ma'am through several of your posts that there seems to be a lot of hatred against Christians, particularly Igbo's.
I hope that you, as a Muslim, would preach "love" and not "hate" towards a different religion or group of people.
I would hope that Christians wouldn't mistreat, condemn, criticize or murder a person of a different religion either.

I would hope that any future ADULT encounters of meeting Muslims would be a positive, learning experience, because I have yet to experience that.
I am waiting to experience it.
What I have read (in your posts) directly contrasts the peace and love that you say Islam is promoting through the article by Robin Scott.

(1) (Reply)

End Time Revelation From God. / 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV) / The Fire II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.