Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises (311 Views)

Coronavirus: Iran Temporarily Frees 54,000 Prisoners To Combat Spread / Coronavirus: China To Build New Hospital In 6 Days As Death Toll Rises / Las Vegas Concert Shooting: Death Toll Rises To 50, More Than 200 Injured - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by YorubaKinging: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
Iran and Italy report more coronavirus cases, new countries confirm infections amid signs outbreak in China is slowing.

Iran temporarily released about 70,000 prisoners because of the coronavirus contagion, as the death toll rose by 43 new fatalities to 237

NEWS /HEALTH
Iran releases 70,000 prisoners as toll rises: Live updates
Iran and Italy report more coronavirus cases, new countries confirm infections amid signs outbreak in China is slowing.

by Kate Mayberry & Virginia Pietromarchi & Usaid Siddiqui
44 minutes ago
Iran temporarily released about 70,000 prisoners because of the coronavirus contagion, as the death toll rose by 43 new fatalities to 237.

In Italy, where some 16 million people in Lombardy and other parts of the north are now under quarantine, there were 133 deaths reported, bringing the total to 366. More than 7,000 people in the country have been confirmed to have the virus.

But the latest figures from China and South Korea suggest the virus might be slowing in Northeast Asia.

More than 3,800 people have died worldwide from coronavirus and there are more than 110,000 infections, according to the World Health Organization.

Source : https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/03/italy-coronavirus-toll-soars-north-sealed-live-updates-200308235426110.html

Re: Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by YorubaKinging: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
Another batch of prisoners released
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
That disease isn't so fatal.

I'm sure the number of people who die from malaria fever alone in 3 months on the African continent will beat this.

Hopefully the virus will lose steam soon enough.
Re: Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by Righteousness89(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Just a Virus and the whole Earth is on Panic!

Just a Virus and Businesses are shutting down..

Just a Virus and Citizens of nations cannot Move around the way they wish to..

Just a Virus, and the nations we look to as developed nations are being Threatened..

Just a Virus, Educational institutions are closed up..

Just a Virus and Religious sites are closed

Just a Virus, and the world market is collapsing

If an Ordinary Virus could do all these, Imagine what will Be on this Earth, Ones The JESUS Appears in the Sky...

O My GOD! Give The a Understanding to know what is about to Happen!

Give Us Understanding My LORD to know What is About to Happen!

Make use of this Season Brothers/Sisters by Repenting from Sin and Accepting JESUS CHRIST..

The Door of Mercy is About to Be Closed
Re: Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
FrLukas:

I'm sure the number of people who die from malaria fever alone in 3 months on the African continent will beat this.

You are right, Malaria is the greatest killing machine in the world. Though you can still prevent it, we know its caused by mosquito bites and you can be cured because there is a known cure, other measures of prevention can be put in place like keeping your environment clean, don't allow stagnant water, stay in mosquito nets. Which is by far working to say the truth in reducing it.

Bur what causes covid-19 is unknown, no known cure, all measures put in place like using nose mask, dont touch your face, nose and ears etc aint working perfectly as spread still continues. No symptoms to alert someone immediately.

Those who have it may not know they carry the virus, it takes about 14 days in ur system before you start feeling short breathe, high temperature and all.

So you see it is also lethal as we dont know the cause yet. So noone is safe yet.

My take though
Re: Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
cruxgemmata:

You are right, Malaria is the greatest killing machine in the world. Though you can still prevent it, we know its caused by mosquito bites and you can be cured because there is a known cure, other measures of prevention can be put in place like keeping your environment clean, don't allow stagnant water, stay in mosquito nets. Which is by far working to say the truth in reducing it.

Bur what causes covid-19 is unknown, no known cure, all measures put in place like using nose mask, dont touch your face, nose and ears etc aint working perfectly as spread still continues. No symptoms to alert someone immediately.

Those who have it may not know they carry the virus, it takes about 14 days in ur system before you start feeling short breathe, high temperature and all.

So you see it is also lethal as we dont know the cause yet. So noone is safe yet.

My take though

You are correct, but I was majorly referring to the ratio of the infected versus those that have died.

Pretty low. Though of course, every death is a tragedy.

Besides, people have and are recovering from it.

Whatever the case, we hope to NOT catch it.
Re: Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by Rashawn1: 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

You are correct, but I was majorly referring to the ratio of the infected versus those that have died.

Pretty low. Though of course, every death is a tragedy.

Besides, people have and are recovering from it.

Whatever the case, we hope to NOT catch it.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises by Rashawn1: 10:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

South Africa King Dalindyebo Arrested After axe Rampage / WHO Chief Says Worst Of Coronavirus Outbreak Yet To Come / Mass Grave Discovered In Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.