Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means (39967 Views)

Why Prices Are Still On The Rise Despite Appreciation Of The Naira / Why Oil Majors Are Selling Their Assets And Leaving Nigeria. / Reasons Why Oil Is Not The Problem Of Agriculture In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by achi4u(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2020
CSTR2:

Forget tourism.

That is no longer a viable alternative. The north has made sure of it.
Exactly my thought... who in his right mind will come to Nigeria for anything tourist.

Boko Haram una well done.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by OnlineWell(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2020
scoundrel:
Switch to solar and all these rubbish won’t affect you.
You just spoke my mind

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Jaqenhghar: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2020
What it means is y'all fúcked up
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by faoogoke(m): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2020
Oil prices no crashing. Oil prices crashed and its back up again.
Its a normal circle.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by EdiskyHarry: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2020
All the crude oil of Niger delta is working for the northern part of Nigeria, they are using it to enrich themselves on the pretext of fighting Boko Haram. I only pity the innocent people that are falling victims everyday.

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by GGirll: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2020
Hisroyalbadmeat:
Agro industry is the way out

Try it n herdsmen will 've unleashed against you or even kill you. Ask Olu falae
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by otokx(m): 10:18am On Mar 10, 2020
Nigerians should just brace up for challenging times ahead.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 10, 2020
irepnaija4eva:
And some idiots still want to borrow 22.5 billion dollars.

Tell me if we borrow such amount how on earth and for how long are we going to pay up?

Purging our generations to eternal servitude.

The price of oil is dwindling, other countries are diversifying but here, we are still talking of Electricity, road rehabilitation, lack of security etc..

By the time this administration is done with us, Even Venezuela go dey use us get hope..

Nigeria will be worse than somalia if they don't allow REFERENDUM
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by tunashg: 10:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Am looking forward to Dollar becoming #500 per $ grin
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by tunashg: 10:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Am looking forward to dollar becoming #500 per $ grin
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by xcabczyxabczzzz: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2020
scoundrel:
Switch to solar and all these rubbish won’t affect you.
Forget all this bitter soul, they should be thinking about how to cash in, well they are too broke to invest.

Why should any right thinking person wants his country to fail, just to say I told you so?
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by abdullkabar(m): 10:24am On Mar 10, 2020
I still get amazed how my country is only dwelling on oil, and not diversifying!!!
I always hate too much reliant on one thing(any issue with it make you cry)
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2020
The complain is yet to start. This is what happens when we decide to put much hope in our oil production. Can someone tell this so called government that they better start shifting attention out of oil.
Well, for your affordable smart TVs and Soundsystems, check signature
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by samsard(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2020
EliteStriker:
This is a call to action for countries that depend on oil revenue to diversify. Our Tourism industry is still untapped talk more of services.

verified adsense account with $91 and an established blog for sale. Contact me via signature
When we don't even have security you're mentioning tourism.

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by samsard(m): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2020
Sultty:
I want oil to be rendered useless so useless in price grin since Nigerian leaders refuse to receive sense and are so proud I'll like to see what's left of them
Unfortunately, everyone will suffer direct and indirect consequences, our currency will soon become half useless and that means poorer economic indexes. The average politician has a safe stash of dollars that is relatively insulated from devaluation

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Sultty(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2020
Even without that d country is as hot as hell. That will amount to nothing to it's citizen
samsard:
Unfortunately, everyone will suffer direct and indirect consequences, our currency will soon become half useless and that means poorer economic indexes. The average politician has a safe stash of dollars that is relatively insulated from devaluation
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Onlyonebuhari: 10:34am On Mar 10, 2020
The oil should even dry up cos no single benefit for the masses
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by SeriouslySense(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2020
It will become useless, and our foolishness or leaders acting foolishly will become beggars.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by shumuel(m): 10:49am On Mar 10, 2020
IMASTEX:
The Nigeria politicians should be the worse hit because that is their looting money. Other Nigerians only read crude oil funds on papers

Yes & No

Yes there wont be Oil money for them anymore, but it wont affect their looting,, the worse hit would be the Nigerian citizen, who would now be founding the so called Politicians expensive and lavish lifestyle through their noses,, why do you think they are now taking Tax seriously, to the point of linking it to bank accounts, their mission is to deduct money from us the way they like all in the name of Taxation. I pity for Nigerians if Crude oil fails.

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Asura: 10:58am On Mar 10, 2020
90 percent of the comments here are negative comments and i don't think that's what we need. We all knew this was going to happen someday so why don't we talk about solutions instead of blaming everything and everyone. See ehn if naija fit survive the civil war and all the long list of military coups and problems in this country even the panic that came with the border closure, we can survive this!
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by SeriouslySense(m): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2020
You are right
shumuel:

Yes & No

Yes there wont be Oil money for them anymore, but it wont affect their looting,, the worse hit would be the Nigerian citizen, who would now be founding the so called Politicians expensive and lavish lifestyle through their noses,, why do you think they are now taking Tax seriously, to the point of linking it to bank accounts, their mission is to deduct money from us the way they like all in the name of Taxation. I pity for Nigerians if Crude oil fails.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by SeriouslySense(m): 11:01am On Mar 10, 2020
Correction: It was the East that survived the Civil war, the war occurred mainly in the east or solely in the east, I am not Ibo, but they are very resilient people
Asura:
90 percent of the comments here are negative comments and i don't think that's what we need. We all knew this was going to happen someday so why don't we talk about solutions instead of blaming everything and everyone. See ehn if naija fit survive the civil war and all the long list of military coups and problems in this country even the panic that came with the border closure, we can survive this!

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Bahddo(m): 11:01am On Mar 10, 2020
Chai... I've always dreaded the day oil wouldn't be that valuable anymore. How would Nigeria survive? The generation that refused to diversify the economy after the oil boom, and instead wasted abundant resources, are still the ones in power. They are clueless, selfish and short-sighted.

The only response this government would have have, I bet, is to go borrowing some more money.

Maybe this is just me freaking out, but I see the naira crashing even further.

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 10, 2020
MycroftHolmes:
One of the reasons why we need to diversify our economy. Things like these affect Nigeria on a different scale because oil is our only hope

Other countries are shifting to renewable energy sources, and we are not even refining our own crude oil yet... Makes me wonder what hope there is for the future generations if the oil price crashes further (or the oil even finish kpata-kpata)

And our leaders are just there, not caring about what the future holds for the nation. SMH lipsrsealed

Here they are still sinking billions looking for oil which other countries are leaving, That's the effect of choosing the incompetent. When the worst man is seen as the best for the job.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by CokeBar(f): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2020
Not trying to be anti-Nigerian but it would make sense if Naira crashes abit cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by SeriouslySense(m): 11:06am On Mar 10, 2020
Exactly, they are still exploring, very shortsighted, if you ask me, na who i go ask.

9jaDoomCountry:

Here they are still sinking billions looking for oil which other countries are leaving, That's the effect of choosing the incompetent. When the worst man is seen as the best for the job.

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2020
End of za world
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by SeriouslySense(m): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2020
Soon oil will be replaced, just watch,oil will become irrelevant, because the world leaders will agree to replace it with something else, because of climate change.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by IMASTEX: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2020
shumuel:

Yes & No

Agreed. Nigerians have not bordered the politicians since because they believe crude oil money isn't theirs since it wasn't taken directly. But wait until they start paying heavy taxes & the politicians want to maintain the same lifestyle, that is when the action film will start. For me, I won't feel okay paying even 1 Kobo as tax knowing fully those criminals will loot it. And I still would be okay paying 99% as tax abroad.
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by SeriouslySense(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2020
They are already automating the system of tax, if Nigerians remain docile, they will milk us to maintain their empty lifestyle
IMASTEX:

Agreed. Nigerians have not bordered the politicians since because they believe crude oil money isn't theirs since it wasn't taken directly. But wait until they start paying heavy taxes & the politicians want to maintain the same lifestyle, that is when the action film will start. For me, I won't feel okay paying even 1 Kobo as tax knowing fully those criminals will loot it. And I still would be okay paying 99% as tax abroad.

1 Like

Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by princety24(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2020
Re: Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means by MotiveU(f): 11:14am On Mar 10, 2020
America has become the number one oil producer in the world and is expected to pump about 13 million barrels a day in the first quarter of this year.
Trump went to India the other day to discuss what?
World leaders are calculating and forming alliance our own is planning to borrow and later re-loot it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust / When The Coffin Seller Says 'There Is No Market', What Does He Probably Mean? / Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.