Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? (1189 Views)

See How Chelsea Players Reacted To Jose Mourinho's Sack (photos) / Chelsea May Have To Leave Stamford Bridge For At Least Two Seasons / Is Arsene Wenger Being Stingy Or Clueless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 6:50am On Jun 04, 2007
Not one player at Chelsea, one of the richest football clubs in the world, agreed to contribute any of their wages to the May Day For Nurses campaign, where footballers are asked to give a day's wages to hard-up Nurses. Of all the 556 Premiership players asked to help with the scheme, only 225 contributed. (News of the World)

UPON ALL THE HUGE WAGES, THEY CANT PART WITH A DAY'S WAGES? I DONT BLAME THE AFRICANS THERE COS THEY PROBABLY WERE THINKING ABOUT HOW MUCH IT WILL COST IF CONVERTED TO THIER HOME COUNTRY'S CURRENCY. MIKEL WAS THINKING OF HOW MUCH IT WILL BE IN NAIRA.

IS LAMPARD STINGY TOO? NA WAH OH
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by tosinadeda: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2007
If this is true then they re a bunch of Stingy assholes
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Akolawole(m): 9:43am On Jun 04, 2007
I think its better to call the thread Stingy Premiership stars. Not necessarily Chelsea bl bla bla.

If i am not wrong, Reo-coker is one of the initiator of the program.

Why is it difficult for you to paste the link here?

The summary goes thus:

##In United, only Neville and Giggs contributed. Whereas £30m Ferdinand and £27m Rooney contributes nothing.

## In Arsenal, Henry and 2 other Gunners contributed.

To me, i think its just oversight rather than stingyness, neraly all footballers are involved in one Charity or the other.
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Mustay(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2007
i wanted to ignore this thread but viewing it, it didn't surpass ma expectations. what d c is ur biz with how they spend their money? no be their job? fyi drogba as well as zidane r un ambassadors
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by 9ja4eva: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2007
lol

Of course dey r stingy.
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by mukina2: 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2007
Akola i knew you would mention Arsenal grin grin tongue
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by danniecool(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2007
what a thread lipsrsealed
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by manu4laif: 10:06am On Jun 05, 2007
@All,
Players will choose which charities/NGO's they contribute to. That some don't contribute to needy nurses does not mean they might not contribute(even more) to AIDS Awareness ,Cancer research , Homeless kids or Sickle Cell research. Truth is you can't possibly respond to every single request no matter how important it may seem to some.

WAN UNITED grin grin grin
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Akolawole(m): 10:11am On Jun 05, 2007
@Manu4life

Thank you jare my brother.

Some people just wake up, go to google and type in Chelsea. grin

News of the world carry the story but the author just pick on Chelsea guys while the paper reported all.

Every single player in the premiership are charity-minded.
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by viee(f): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2007
9ja4eva:

lol

Of course dey r stingy.

lol grin
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by 9ja4eva: 7:12am On Jun 07, 2007
Oh yes

For real
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by RuuDie(m): 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2007
KaKa gives 10% of his wages as tithes to a certain roman-catholic church somewhere in Brazil ! he was involved an auto accident & it was thot that he'd never play football again but according to him, he said if God ever allowed him to play football again he'd do the above & also give his life to Christ & that's why he always spots the "I belong to Christ" on his tee-shirt under his jerseys !
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2007
[
manu4laif:

@All,
Players will choose which charities/NGO's they contribute to. That some don't contribute to needy nurses does not mean they might not contribute(even more) to AIDS Awareness ,Cancer research , Homeless kids or Sickle Cell research. Truth is you can't possibly respond to every single request no matter how important it may seem to some.

U said players have so many charity / n.g.o they contribute to. does it mean the players that contributed to the nurses' dont have charity of their choice? they fund raising was targetted at premiership players and it amazed me that not even one of the players in chelsea contributed. i guess there are over 4 of their players that earn over 100,000 pounds.

lampard, terry, shevy, ballack. dont knw how much essien, drogba, ashley cole earn but i know it will be over 70,000 pounds and yet they could not contribute.

anyway its their cash, they can use it for whatever they like
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Akolawole(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2007
topeorekoy:

[
You said players have so many charity / n.g.o they contribute to. does it mean the players that contributed to the nurses' don't have charity of their choice? they fund raising was targetted at premiership players and it amazed me that not even one of the players in chelsea contributed. i guess there are over 4 of their players that earn over 100,000 pounds.

lampard, terry, shevy, ballack. don't knw how much essien, drogba, ashley cole earn but i know it will be over 70,000 pounds and yet they could not contribute.

anyway its their cash, they can use it for whatever they like

What is the essence of this particular Nurses stuff before i respond to you?
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2007
FOR HENRY to contribute. does it mean he doesnt have a charity or NGO he contributes to? i feel ehrn ur service to humanity is needed, u shld answer the call.

henry, thank u jare. u didnt let us down.
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Akolawole(m): 10:27am On Jun 08, 2007
You've not answered my question.
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2007
The campaign IS to help poorly paid nurses if they get into financial trouble.

A basic grade nurse earns just £19k a year. They respect nurses there a lot and still dont know why the nurses get that small amount of money.

fine only 3 gunners contribute, 2 united, 12 liverpool players, all watford squad, all reading and fulham squad and westham.

Chelski, despite earning a whopping £114 million in wages last season, not a SINGLE player parted with just a day's mega pay. it is so sad.

anyway like i av said, it is thier cash and they can do anything with it
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by danniecool(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2007
@ topeorekoy

I think u don't have a topic to post that is why you created this f******k angry

Must one start going to media to tell the world how much seed he/she has sowed to a humanity.

I think this thread is not necessary, why Chelsea players? are they the only players in Europe?
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by slimnike(m): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2007
@topeorekoy, Since You were born, have you given a beggar on the street one naira? And you want to tell footballers how to spend their hard earn money.
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Akolawole(m): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2007
@LondonCool

Wait, let me sort him out

@Author

1) Where do you live?

2) With that £19,000 a year,Whats the net payment(take-home) of that amount a month?
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 11:31am On Jun 08, 2007
danniecool:

@ topeorekoy

I think u don't have a topic to post that is why you created this f******k angry

Must one start going to media to tell the world how much seed he/she has sowed to a humanity.

I think this thread is not necessary, why Chelsea players? are they the only players in Europe?

A Chelsea fan? why wont u talk

slimnike:

@topeorekoy, Since You were born, have you given a beggar on the street one naira? And you want to tell footballers how to spend their hard earn money.

Pls how old are u? everyone knows that everybody in nigeria have given money to beggers on the street even a small baby of today. even against my wish, my mother made me part with my 10kobo when i was small. i was never brought up not to give even if u are not telling the truth. mere looking at u, i know u are in need and i give. i guess u dont do like that
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2007
Akolawole:

@LondonCool

Wait, let me sort him out

@Author

1) Where do you live?

2) With that £19,000 a year,Whats the net payment(take-home) of that amount a month?

WHERE I LIVE? i live in a cool place full of the well to do.

how much is 19k a year; please calculate or consult the news of the world and ask them wher they got the story from
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Akolawole(m): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2007
@Author

I see you live in a well to do but you don't live in UK.

By UK standard, £19k is not a poor pay a year.

That amount is just for Grade E nurses (if i am not wrong).

1) How much do Reo-Coker contribute being one of the main backers?

At the time the contribution was made, season was at the peak at least for United and Chelsea.

Nobody has that time.

Henry and Neville could rememember because they are at home via Injury.
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2007
Akolawole:

@Author

I see you live in a well to do but you don't live in UK.

By UK standard, £19k is not a poor pay a year.

That amount is just for Grade E nurses (if i am not wrong).

1) How much do Reo-Coker contribute being one of the main backers?

At the time the contribution was made, season was at the peak at least for United and Chelsea.

Nobody has that time.

Henry and Neville could rememember because they are at home via Injury.

GIGGS was at home too. gerrard was at home too, 10 other players in the liverpool sqaud were at home too. because the league was hot for chelsea doesnt mean they will go there personally to put the cash down. does it mean that when the leagues was hot for them, they never had personal time. was it not that time essien was arrested for a mistaken drunk driving?

they have managers, p.a (s) to do things for them. at least two players in united donated, and 3 from arsenal.

or was it JM that told them not to donate? grin

Reo-Coker  contributed a day wages but all the chelski player contributed  zero pounds upon all the whopping £114 million in wages last season.  what a shame.

anyway the donation  is not closed, they can still redeem their image and that of their fans by still donating
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by Akolawole(m): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2007
topeorekoy:

GIGGS was at home too. gerrard was at home too, 10 other players in the liverpool sqaud were at home too. because the league was hot for chelsea doesnt mean they will go there personally to put the cash down. does it mean that when the leagues was hot for them, they never had personal time. was it not that time essien was arrested for a mistaken drunk driving?

they have managers, p.a (s) to do things for them. at least two players in united donated, and 3 from arsenal.

or was it JM that told them not to donate? grin

Reo-Coker contributed a day wages but all the chelski player contributed zero pounds upon all the whopping £114 million in wages last season. what a shame.

anyway the donation is not closed, they can still redeem their image and that of their fans by still donating

Having known you with your kind of threads, i wont say i am dissapointed.

I am sure all Nairaland gunners wiil be ashamed of you.

Na forum sha.

I am still waiting for the intelligent souls here to come and explain the so called wages to Football nonentities

Over to you BolaOni, Kitaun,4Play, Loyiks and other brains here

Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by topeorekoy(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2007
Akolawole:

I am still waiting for the intelligent souls here to come and explain the so called wages to Football nonentities

I HOPE U AINT REFERING  TO ME WITH THAT STATEMENT, OR ESLE,
Re: Are All Chelsea Players Stingy? Or The Bridge Is A Stingy Place? by manu4laif: 12:38am On Jun 09, 2007
@All,
I insist again that people reserve the right to choose the charities they give to.Nurses on 19k are not worse off than orphans in Africa,AIDS victims,autism patients ,meningitis victims ,etc. Even if all of a squad do not contribute to one cause(for whatever reason )that in itself DOES NOT mean they do not contribute to others,nor does it really mean anything. In any case you do NOT determine for others whom to help with their money. As long as they help some needy people as best they can that in  itself is enough. In any case ideally (emphasis mine) charity should really go unnoticed,uncelebrated.

We need to find out if Kanu contributed . If he didn't which is quite possible wouldn't it be extremely stupid to hold it against him. And if he did does he contribute to famine victims in Africa,jaundice patients,cancer victims,etc.

Many of those that criticise do even worse with the "kobo kobo " they earn. It does not even trickle to those they know  talk less of charities.

You choose where to spend your money and if Chelsea players by coincidence or design choose not to donate to nurses that earn 19,000 pounds that is neither good nor bad. Those are my views.

(1) (Reply)

Iroha Vs Teller. Stories Of Pre-south Korea / Sharks Win Wafu Cup / Osaze Odemwingie Picks Wedding Date!!! I'm Happy For You Man...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.