Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Boxing Star, Floyd Mayweather Reportedly Interested In Buying Newcastle - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boxing Star, Floyd Mayweather Reportedly Interested In Buying Newcastle (198 Views)

What Does "Boxing Day" Mean? / What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? / Floyd Mayweather Shows Off 8-foot Portrait Of Conor Mcgregor In His Beverly Hill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boxing Star, Floyd Mayweather Reportedly Interested In Buying Newcastle by echepops(m): 5:37am On Mar 10, 2020
Floyd "Money" Mayweather has jokingly suggested he may be interested in buying Premier League club, Newcastle United, reports Sky Sports.

According to Forbes, boxer Mayweather was the highest paid athlete of the last decade, earning $915m (£686m) in that time.

The five-weight former world champion was appearing at Newcastle's O2 City Hall over the weekend as part of his Evening with Floyd Mayweather tour.

In a video posted on #TMZ, event moderator Steve Wraith put it to Mayweather that the last time he was on Tyneside it was being reported that he was very interested in buying Newcastle.

In response, Mayweather said: "In the US we call it soccer, but the Newcastle football team is an unbelievable team…..a hell of a team."

As the crowd erupted, Mayweather added: "If the people want me to buy the Newcastle team, let me know!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9ihYqiAuWv/?igshid=1hbypl2lv18i4

lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Click to be underwhelmed / Video: Pipeline Explosion Rocks Abule Ado, Along Badagry/mile 2 Expressway / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.