Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,784 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:12 AM

Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case (7168 Views)

Emefiele Printed ₦‎684.5 Million With ₦‎18.9 Billion - EFCC Says In Fresh Charge / Jubilation As George Akume Arrives SGF Office After Swearing-in (Video, Photos) / SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by LosC: 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says the ongoing trial of former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, is being frustrated by witnesses from the SGF’s office.

Lawal is facing trial alongside six others in an alleged N544million grass-cutting scandal in an FCT High Court, NAN reports.

Others indicted are Hamidu Lawal, who is a director of Rholavision Engineering Limited, an employee of the company, Sulaiman Abubakar and the Managing Director of Josmon Technologies Limited, Apeh John Monday.

The EFCC counsel, Ofem Uket, protested at the court after leading Aminu Muhammed, a Principal Procurement Officer in the OSGF, in evidence.

He said 80 per cent of the witnesses called by the EFCC were from the OSGF and that they were not cooperative.

Citing the instance of a witness, Uket told the court: “I called him last week, he said he was in his village.

I called him yesterday in the presence of the IPO and he said he was in Bauchi. “The IPO told him that he (IPO) had a tracker which showed that he (witness) was in Abuja.
It was then he admitted that he was in Abuja.

I only saw him today” Justice Jude Okeke, in his reaction, said the court had nothing to say to the complaints because he (prosecutor) knows what to do in that instance.

Justice Okeke adjourned the matter until April 8.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/10/witnesses-from-sgf-office-frustrating-case-against-babachir-lawal-efcc/

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Oblitz(m): 5:13am On Mar 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by 6digitscomrade: 5:14am On Mar 11, 2020
LosC:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/10/witnesses-from-sgf-office-frustrating-case-against-babachir-lawal-efcc/
well it appears the prosecutor needs a reminder “who is are the presidency?” It was a famous quote at one point in time in our history.. perhaps he should be sent the clip to jiggle his memory and probably rejuvenate his prosecuting skills..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by ursullalinda(f): 5:15am On Mar 11, 2020
Lawal knows their is no president and they don't want to use force on him because he knows too much......he acts with so much confidence like an untouchable cow.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by easyfem(m): 5:15am On Mar 11, 2020
all na scope ............... but can we divide this country coz if you talk , u will be dethrone.......... pple are dying everyday

we dont av someone who can speak on our behalf again ... dont u c deji adeyanju has quiet , sowore is tired .......... and the useless youth are busy saying rubish ....... this country is so wrong ......... no one can right it for us

6 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Wapgod(m): 5:16am On Mar 11, 2020
C
Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by anonimi: 5:16am On Mar 11, 2020
Barawo bubu is running the most corrupt federal government evr.
#Fact.

dre11:
‘Who is the presidency?’ — shocked Babachir Lawal reacts to suspension

Babachir Lawal, secretary to the government of the federation, has told reporters to ask the “presidency” why he was suspended.
In an encounter with reporters on Wednesday shortly after his suspension was announced, a clearly shocked Lawal stalled on all the questions he was asked.
Informed that his suspension was announced by the presidency, he retorted: “Who is the presidency?”
He had been in a meeting with vice-president when Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, announced his suspension pending investigations into the the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE).
Also suspended is Ayo Oke, director-general of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), over the funds recovered from a private residence in Ikoyi, Lagos state, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

THE EXCHANGE IN FULL
Reporters: Your suspension has just been announced. How will you react to the development?
Lawal: Who announced it?
Reporters: The presidency
Lawal: Then ask them. Why are you asking me? Who is the presidency?
Reporters: Have you been informed of the suspension?
Lawal: By who? About what. What about you? Have you been informed?
Reporters: Yes sir.
Lawal: By who?
Reporters: By the presidency sir.
Lawal: I have not seen it. I should have been given… I have not seen the press release so I cannot comment on it.
Reporters: It is currently trending online. Are you doubting the authenticity of the statement?
Lawal: I have not seen it.
Reporters: Tell us the outcome of your meeting with the vice-president.
Lawal: I am always here. I always meet the vice-president. I used to come here even before I was made SGF.

https://www.thecable.ng/presidency-babachir-lawal-reacts-suspension

olokeded:
On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari's letter clearing Babachir Lawal , secretary federal of the federation of allegations leveled against him was read on the floor of the senate.

See full letter below:

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/photos-buharis-letter-to-senate.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4785691_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4785692_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4785693_3_jpeg182845aceb39c9e413e28fd549058cf8

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by yanabasee(m): 5:19am On Mar 11, 2020
What is Lawal trying to do??

Lawal is a criminal and should rot in jail....

The witness should keep confusing him the way he used tax payers money to enrich himself and his family....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by anonimi: 5:19am On Mar 11, 2020
easyfem:
all na scope ............... but can we divide this country coz if you talk , u will be dethrone.......... pple are dying everyday

Na for mouth to divide country

we dont av someone who can speak on our behalf again ... dont u c deji adeyanju has quiet , sowore is tired .......... and the useless youth are busy saying rubish ....... this country is so wrong ......... no one can right it for us

Please who is stopping you from speaking on behalf of others?
Is Deji and Sowore having two heads unlike you

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3477544_whatthefuckisthisshitusewhenyouseeauselesscommentorpost_jpegb2cb22972c8bfd4a9aa05b00b32a5b8e

3 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by mandalorian: 5:20am On Mar 11, 2020
They shoot bird him mama fly

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by anonimi: 5:23am On Mar 11, 2020
yanabasee:
What is Lawal trying to do??
Lawal is a criminal and should rot in jail....
The witness should keep confusing him the way he used tax payers money to enrich himself and his family....

He cannot rot in jail when he is still in the presidency helping barawo bubu loot our country like Abacha.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529890_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Babachir Lawal shows up at Buhari’s campaign group launch

Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), David Babachir Lawal, was among guests who attended the launch of a campaign group for the re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 general election.
Lawal was a cynosure of all eyes when he showed up during the event tagged “Together Nigeria” held at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, jointly organised by the Office of the Wife of the President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari and Buhari Support Organisation (BSO).

Buhari, who also attended the event, promised that party men and women who work hard for the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2019 general elections would be rewarded adequately.

He regretted that not all those that worked for the party in 2015 were rewarded, but assured that more rewards would come in 2019.

“At this point, I would like to acknowledge the overwhelming support I enjoyed from individuals and organisations across the country over the years. I say thank you to all those who contributed to our successes in one way or the other.”

https://guardian.ng/politics/babachir-lawal-shows-up-at-buharis-campaign-group-launch/

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 11, 2020
Wise judge. Let them be fooling themselves. Foolish people. They think we are stupid
Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Bossontop(m): 5:36am On Mar 11, 2020
undecided
Only one beta military slap for don set the ediot straight......
Mtcheeww

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by spafu(m): 6:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Why are you telling us?
Are you not seeing the body language? Buhari only want this to look as if Babachir is being prosecuted but nothing is happening.

3 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Kingrefreshed: 6:47am On Mar 11, 2020
LosC:

The way this very highly corrupt government comes out to openly say trash eeeh. I believe in their minds they call Nigerians Animals with no single brain cell.

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by ChaseVibes(m): 6:54am On Mar 11, 2020
Oga oo
Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by thundafire: 7:11am On Mar 11, 2020
Story wen he still eines with Kyari and Isa Funtua
Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Stalwert: 7:28am On Mar 11, 2020
[s]
ursullalinda:
Lawal knows their is no president and they don't want to use force on him because he knows too much......he acts which so much confidence like an untouchable cow.
[/s]

Always do the devil's work, promoting and defending accused looters of the Treasury.
Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Bellotelli: 7:37am On Mar 11, 2020
This is a lame excuse by the efcc. Everyone has skeleton in their closet. They should look for a way to force out testimony from the witnesses.. All these excuses shows that the efcc Investigators are useless.
Re: Babachir Lawal: EFCC Says Witnesses From SGF Office Frustrating Case by Lush100(m): 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
of course,
even if a witness comes up, Evan Ewerem and Evans Ewerem drama will be the next thing we would see.
naija gov, we hail.

(1) (Reply)

BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967 / Oyebanji, Akeredolu, Mimiko, Oni Celebrate Retired Bishop,Ipinmo At 80 / The True Omoleye Sowore "The Owner Of Sahara Reporters"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.