Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami (1651 Views)

Okorocha: Presidency Intervened To Release Me From Police Custody / Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by fergie001: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2020
https://dailynigerian.com/i-doubt-if-buhari-intervened-to-stop-sanusis-dethronement-abdulsalami/
lalasticlala mynd44

A former Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar, has expressed doubts that President Muhammadu had intervened to save the former emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II from dethronement by Kano State Government.

Mr Abubakar was the chairman of the reconciliation committee set up by the presidency to intervene and proffer solution to the protracted feud between the emir and the governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje.

In an interview with Voice of America Hausa Service, Mr Abubakar said his committee did its best by organizing a separate meeting with the governor and the emir, then a meeting with the committee and the parties and finally left the governor and the emir to discuss.

“After conclusion of the assignment, we realised that there was amicable resolution to the crisis. Surprisingly, this is what happened at last,” he said.

Asked by the interviewer whether the committee had achieved its mandate, the former military ruler said: “Well, I can say so in view of the latest development. In my view, all the committee’s efforts are wasted.”

On President Muhammadu Buhari’s alleged nonchalance to the crisis, he said: “I can’t really say whether Buhari has a hand in the matter because I am currently not in Nigeria. But before I left the country, we submitted our report to him, and he expressed willingness to intervene in the matter in order to have amicable resolution, despite being a constitutional matter. I really don’t know if he had intervened.”

Asked whether it was the president’s silence that led to the emir’s dethronement, Mr Abubakar said: “Well, as I have said, I don’t know whether he intervened or not. But if he actually intervened, I will be surprised if we would find ourselves in this situation.”
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by Witcher(f): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2020
Okay this not national issue. Is just a State issue and Buhari don't av to intervene in minor things
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by slimfit1(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2020
Buhari likes people that dance to his tunes Sanusi his not that person so he pretends not to know.
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by jonesky080(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2020
Not sure he did
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by johnmartus(m): 10:12am On Mar 11, 2020
He didn't intervene but he set up committee and you were made chairman of the committee. You couldn't save the ugly situation and you still want to blame the president.

4 Likes

Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Okay this not national issue. Is just a State issue and Buhari don't av to intervene in minor things

Please enlighten us : which national issue has Buhari successfully intervened and solved ?

1 Like

Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by Flyingngel(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2020
Buhari is something else.
I thought if God preserve ones life above 70years, it behove on the person to alway try and do the right thing cos he can leave anytime but in Nigeria , it seem we are from a different God entirely.
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by lilprinze: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2020
There is no how an Emir as influential as sanusi, would be dethroned without the president's approval and permission.
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by festacman(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2020
Well...
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by Sirjamo: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
I do not think Sanusi himself solicited the intervention of Buhari. His overconfidence would not let him.

As for Ganduge, 2023 is the end of his political career. He might even end up in Kuje!!!
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by helinues: 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
See them shifting all the blames on Buhari as if you guys weren't consulted.. You people want Sanusi gone cos of him exposing the under development in the North..

As for Ganduje, his Immunity will expire by 2023..
He should start developing the prisons in Kano cos he might spend some years after his tenure.
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by MrALIVE: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
johnmartus:
He didn't intervene but he set up committee and you were made chairman of the committee. You couldn't save the ugly situation and you still want to blame the president.
common sense eludes you.

1 Like

Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by GamalNasser: 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
Ganduje was the architect and Buhari the builder

1 Like

Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by backnbeta(f): 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
I'm sure he's laughing his ass out now and hailing Gandollar for a job well done grin

1 Like

Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by LibertyRep: 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
He probably sanctioned it.

He probably gave Ganduje the nod.

He probably ordered it.

1 Like

Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by Ladiesdoctor(m): 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
May God save this country that considers serious issues that requires attention as state issues.
Re: I doubt if Buhari intervened to stop Sanusi’s dethronement — Abdulsalami by johnmartus(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
Will you ever say this to your father.
MrALIVE:
common sense eludes you.

(1) (Reply)

UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance, FG Tells Doctors Planning To Migrate. / China Loan: I Don't See Anything Wrong With Sovereignty Clause - Amaechi / DSS Rescues Minister, Soun As Hoodlums Attack Palace In Ogbomoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.