Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Emir Sanusi: When Dethronement Means Freedom. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Emir Sanusi: When Dethronement Means Freedom. (182 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts Over Sanusi Dethronement / Pastor Emiaso Oke Emir Curses Lady: "You Shall Die Without A Husband" / Samuel Kanu Uche Visits Emir Sanusi In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi: When Dethronement Means Freedom. by emyo9(m): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2020
EMIR SANUSI: WHEN DETHRONEMENT MEANS FREEDOM.

Omen Bassey, Esq.

I'm not surprised at the dethronement of Emir Muhammad Sanusi 11. I was only surprised that upon leaving office as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), his next passion was to become the Emir of Kano.

He probably didn't see the several confrontations with the Kano State government coming. The deposed Emir is a rare Nigerian who holds very strong anti establishment views. He isn't cut out for a malleable and subservient role.

He's not just very vocal, he is blunt to a fault. He relentlessly criticises governments and the ruling class. This is a bit unusual in this clime. It's the reason I'm not surprised he's been given the boot. It's also the reason I consider him a rare Nigerian.

Why are supporters of GEJ attributing his dethronement to his supposed opposition to the former President while serving as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)? This is funny indeed.

The man's activities and utterances even as Emir of Kano show clearly that he would have done same even if he served under PMB and circumstances were the same.

There's no wisdom in attributing any serious misfortune experienced by those who opposed GEJ in 2015 to the role they played in his defeat. If those who opposed him are suffering misfortunes, it means those who supported him are enjoying blessings.

What of millions of Nigerians who experience various adversities? Are they suffering because of GEJ?

Emir Sanusi would still have been deposed in the same circumstances even if he was GEJ's favourite friend.

Saraki probably wouldn't have been Senate President if he supported GEJ to win re-election. Why do GEJ fanatics list him as one of the victims of their Principal's retribution? Does it make sense?

Why mention Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as one of his victims simply because he lost the last presidential election? The same people who passionately campaigned for him. You knew the God of GEJ won't let him win and you still campaigned for him?

Who defeated him? Was PMB who beat him a supporter of GEJ in 2015?

Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi is my favourite northern leader. He's a non conformist by any stretch of imagination. The man is wired in a way that speaking his mind is like oxygen to him. I have a very little of this tendency. Those who like speaking their minds can't exchange their voices with anything.

The man is too empowered to be stranded or jobless. For Emir Sanusi, the encumbrances have been removed. He's now free to bare his mind without being accused of breaching any official Code of Conduct.

Sanusi wanted to sit on the throne of his fathers. He didn't have to sit forever to actualize that dream.

(1) (Reply)

Perspective Of View / The One Time Jesus Prayed For You / The Powerful and The Powerless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.