Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' (14361 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Buhari Ask Nigerians To Thank GEJ For This Year's Independence Celebration! / Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

GEJ introduced social networking to Nigerian (even African) politics. That is what the Minister meant, he was 100% correct. cool
Because of GEJ, all Nigerian politicians are striving hard to seem in connection with the masses and youth through facebook, twitter and the likes (even monsters like IBB).

gej introduced social networking to nigerian politics? you must be as dumb as the information minister himself.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

GEJ introduced social networking to Nigerian (even African) politics. That is what the Minister meant, he was 100% correct. cool
Because of GEJ, all Nigerian politicians are striving hard to seem in connection with the masses and youth through facebook, twitter and the likes (even monsters like IBB).
Let's hear word jor!
Are you telling us because he had a group on FB means he brought FB to Nigeria?
Besides the minister is so manifest that can be misunderstood! . . .  . . .He definitely meant GEJ brought FB to nigeria and not to the nigerian Politics.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Bawss1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Typical fan

Next year we'll hear GEJ brought fresh air and invented sliced bread in Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Jarus(m): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
El-Rufai has been actively facebook-politicking for at least 2 years now.
Ditto for Fashola.
So Beaf, I beg to disagree.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by EmekaJs(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
In what context was the sentence made? Or he just stood up n made the above statement? If u can also quote what he said before and after the above statement then we can judge whether or not it really is a dumb statement like u're painting it. Until then, u and your fellow half witted posters can shut your excessively wide traps cos as it stands U folks are only making a fooool of your frigging selves. U can thank me later.

GBAM, U ARE RITE MY GUY JOR!!!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
Jarus:

Ditto for Fashola.

that lam adeshina's son has been using facebook to campaign for three years now when gej was still suffering from intellectual sterility. gej my blood foot.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by AjanleKoko: 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
Technically, he did 'bring' Facebook to Nigerians.
First President to use social networking to interact with Nigerians. Facebook in particular.
Sometimes a statement can mean different things, when you look at it in different contexts.

Y'all are getting as bad as the English press these days grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
Jarus:

Ditto for Fashola.
True talk jare . . .  .I'm very sure bout Fashola's own!
PPle think they can come here to present rubbish as an evidence!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2010
Thank you Nairaland, for bringing tribalism to Nigeria.

@D-sense in politics? *faints* grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by EmekaJs(m): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b]In what context was the sentence made? Or he just stood up n made the above statement? If u can also quote what he said before and after the above statement then we can judge whether or not it really is a dumb statement like u're painting it. Until then, u and your fellow half witted posters can shut your excessively wide traps cos as it stands U folks are only making a fooool of your frigging selves. U can thank me later.

GBAM!!!!
[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Thank you Nairaland, for bringing tribalism to Nigeria.

@D-sense in politics? *faints* grin
No yabb me jor grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by aljharem11(m): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2010
D-sense:

True talk jare . . .  .I'm very sure bout Fashola's own!
PPle think they can come here to present rubbish as an evidence!

jarus, i want to talk to you
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Anaegboka(m): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

that country is a joke. most time, i am ashamed to identify with a country that looks like there's no governance. the so called rams in power know nothing. they lauded obasanjo too for bringing mobile phones to nigeria. something other west african countries had been enjoying eons before nigeria embraced it. nigeria has to be the most useless country on the planet.
I don't think you are a Nigerian or you would'nt be calling a nation that has the most intelligent breed of blacks you can think of useless. Maybe you don't know that it takes positive and negative energy to move the world. Our positive force is silently coming up. Next time you want to see an epitome of uselessness, look in the mirror.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Bawss1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
There's no excusing this statement especially from an Information Minister.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
Anaegboka:

I don't think you are a Nigerian or you would'nt be calling a nation that has the most intelligent breed of blacks you can think of useless. Maybe you don't know that it takes positive and negative energy to move the world. Our positive force is silently coming up. Next time you want to see an epitome of uselessness, look in the mirror.

look in the mirror and see your face? you are a big fool. the country is useless. i was watching nta some few minutes ago and i saw your first lady disgracing herself in a children's party event. in the party were sons/daughters of the rich with half of them asians, caucasians, etc. is there really a govt in nigeria ruling or a posse of weak-minded individuals like yourself pretending to be rulers? ask yourself and stop looking into a mirror to test the stupidity in you. if you have functioning nostrils, your stupidity smells from afar.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
Guys stop bashing . . . .I said we just wanna concenterate on this so called Minister! angry
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Kilode1: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Technically, he did 'bring' Facebook to Nigerians.
First President to use social networking to interact with Nigerians. Facebook in particular.
Sometimes a statement can mean different things, when you look at it in different contexts.

Y'all are getting as bad as the English press these days grin

You are being extremely nice with that spin and I'm confident you know it;

which begs the question: why do we have a mumu that can't communicate effectively as an information minister when we have Nigerians like you? grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
roflmao!!!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
D-sense:

Guys stop bashing . . . .I said we just wanna concenterate on this so called Minister! angry

Maybe if you write arabic, they'll understand your point, no?

heheehe
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
D-sense:

we have all agreed the minister is a ninny. one thing about men like them is their uncanny ability to lick arses to stay in their jobs(even at the expense of their logic process and educational qualifications).
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by AjanleKoko: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kilode?!:

which begs the question: why do we have a mumu that can't communicate effectively as an information minister when we have Nigerians like you? grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
What can we do o jare grin
I can't be feeling bad because of one minister that didn't choose his words well. At least he said it in grammatically correct English. That's got to count for something grin

Atiku suppose revenge by opening a Twitter account cheesy
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by olumyde5(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
na wa ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Dsense(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Maybe if you write arabic, they'll understand your point, no?

heheehe
looool grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by juliebest(f): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2010

which begs the question: why do we have a mumu that can't communicate effectively as an information minister when we have Nigerians like you? Grin

Very correct.

we should vote them all out so that intelligent ones can come in.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Beaf: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
Jarus:

Ditto for Fashola.

Fact is, no politician made any sort of impact on facebook before GEJ. His impact was felt Worldwide and is known to be the first time an African politician took his belief in democracy to the web. Through GEJ, social networking has become a democratic tool in Africa; he actively reaches out to the small and the mighty.
It is worth the praise the Minister gave.

cou-gar:

gej introduced social networking to nigerian politics? you must be as dumb as the information minister himself.

Charlie, stop spreading low self esteem all over NL. GEJ brought facebook to Nigerian politics and by extension, to Nigeria. cool
You have called Nigeria "useless" so many times that I can see where you are coming from; we need our youth to be self confident, not self self-deprecating and lacking in esteem. There is a country to be built.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2010
Absolutely nothing wrong with that statement. Only simpletons will take such a statement literally at face value. Politicians often use hyperbole, and speak in superlatives - especially when eulogizing their principal or acclaiming their perceived achievements. The fact that GEJ is the first president in Nigeria, nay Africa, to elevate facebook to not even merely a campaign tool, but an instrument of state policy and presidential information dissemination means that He did 'bring' facebook to Nigeria, figuratively speaking. And it is commonsensical for a minister to want to describe his Commander-in-Chief's achievements in superlatives.

I wonder why people just enjoy unnecessary hair-splitting. Too much frustration perhaps. Although the vast majority just sheepishly echo others' views. . .all of which builds up such oafish hysteria over nothing.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Charlie, stop spreading low self esteem all over NL. GEJ brought facebook to Nigerian politics and by extension, to Nigeria. cool
You have called Nigeria "useless" so many times that I can see where you are coming from; we need our youth to be self confident, not self self-deprecating and lacking in esteem. There is a country to be built.

wum alert! what's next? gej brought iphone and blackberry phones to nigeria and errrrrr, don't forget playstation 3 too.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Beaf: 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
cou-gar:

wum alert! what's next? gej brought iphone and blackberry phones to nigeria and errrrrr, don't forget playstation 3 too.

No! shocked
Seriously, you can't consider playstation 3 to be a social networking tool?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

No! shocked
Seriously, you can't consider playstation 3 to be a social networking tool?

says who? you can browse the internet from playstation. i have used facebook on ps3 several times.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by debosky(m): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

You have finally lost the last bit of sense you had. SMH sad
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by olaolabiy: 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
I dey laugh o.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by chamber2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
I think say i no sabi something!!!!! Thank God i don see person wee i sabi something pass.

Hello daddy, I sabi something pass our minister of (mis) information.

Thank God I am out b4 all these things started happening, na where i 4 run to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Traces N500M Properties To Jonah Jang / WTO: Nigeria Is Number One Importer In Africa / Peter Obi Condemns Killings In South-East Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.