Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,894 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria (555 Views)

Cooking Gas Vs Petrol: Powering Electricity Generators In Nigeria / Is Senwei And Elepaq Generators The Same? / Killings: Daura, Olonisakin Arrive Senate, To Address Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by DaddyBella(m): 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/senate-to-ban-generators-in-nigeria/l4fb3sx

The bill has been read for the first time at the Senate.

A bill seeking ban on the use of generators in Nigeria, has been read for the first time on the Senate floor. [Punch]
The Nigerian Senate on Wednesday, March 11, 2020, introduced a bill to ban the use of generators in the country.
The bill which was sponsored by Senator Bima Muhammadu Emagi (APC Niger South), passed its first reading on the floor of the red chamber.

If eventually signed into law, the bill dubbed 'Generating Set (Prohibition/Ban) Bill', will prohibit the usage of generating sets in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Unarguably, the power situation in Nigeria is erratic.

Inadequate power supply has been a major challenge for millions of Nigerians for decades.

Source: Pulse Nigeria
#GENERATORS #SENATOR BIMA MUHAMMADU EMAGI

Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by DaddyBella(m): 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
A bunch of jokers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by budaatum: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
Same way they made homosexuality a crime without realising they can't police the bedroom.
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by Witcher(f): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by neonly: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
Are dis people stupid or what

Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by DaddyBella(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
MODS please move to front page!

DaddyBella:
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/senate-to-ban-generators-in-nigeria/l4fb3sx

The bill has been read for the first time at the Senate.

A bill seeking ban on the use of generators in Nigeria, has been read for the first time on the Senate floor. [Punch]
The Nigerian Senate on Wednesday, March 11, 2020, introduced a bill to ban the use of generators in the country.
The bill which was sponsored by Senator Bima Muhammadu Emagi (APC Niger South), passed its first reading on the floor of the red chamber.

If eventually signed into law, the bill dubbed 'Generating Set (Prohibition/Ban) Bill', will prohibit the usage of generating sets in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Unarguably, the power situation in Nigeria is erratic.

Inadequate power supply has been a major challenge for millions of Nigerians for decades.

Source: Pulse Nigeria
#GENERATORS #SENATOR BIMA MUHAMMADU EMAGI
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by Amotolongbo(f): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
neonly:
Are dis people stupid or what
You think they are stupid?

They aren’t stupid, they are very wise.

They’ve all got solar power at home to give them electricity. The generator sounds from their neighborhoods are disturbing them, hence their reason for passing a bill banning generator.
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by emeijeh(m): 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
They think we are fools, when one or more of them is/are directly/indirectly involved in Generator importation.

#idiots
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
Start with aso thick we will all follow
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by donbachi(m): 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Generator

-Gen dem no buy for me
-money dem no give me to buy d gen
-bill dem no pass before I buy d gen
-na me dey trek go buy fuel
-na me go still que to buy d fuel
-na me go go draw gen start
-na me go still go off am.

na my tax dem use dey survive,travel oversea,medical,train their children oversea and still dey collect millions monthly.dey live for big house with 24hrs power supply....I no protest.na my generator be their problem today...thunder go fire all of dem.
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by DaddyBella(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
LMAO!
Bros calm down!
It's not that deep.

donbachi:
Generator

-Gen dem no buy for me
-money dem no give me to buy d gen
-bill dem no pass before I buy d gen
-na me dey trek go buy fuel
-na me go still que to buy d fuel
-na me go go draw gen start
-na me go still go off am.

na my tax dem use dey survive,travel oversea,medical,train their children oversea and still dey collect millions monthly.dey live for big house with 24hrs power supply....I no protest.na my generator be their problem today...thunder go fire all of dem.
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by Lekison(m): 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2020
War!
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by godkiller(m): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
This is a good news.

Who knows how to build solar panel let's work together and achieve great things?
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by Sijo01(f): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
They should start by banning it in all government parastatals and agencies, including Aso Rock. Then mandate the relevant bodies to make constant power supply a priority.
Re: Senate To Ban Generators In Nigeria by neonly: 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
You think they are stupid?

They aren’t stupid, they are very wise.

They’ve all got solar power at home to give them electricity. The generator sounds from their neighborhoods are disturbing them, hence their reason for passing a bill banning generator.

(1) (Reply)

Scary As Hell! Can You Sleep On This Mattress (Pics)? / [2024] New Version Full Set Easy Jtag Plus Box Easy-jtag Plus Box+ EMMC Socket / Anonymous Has Done It Again #HURRY NOW!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.