Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business (2190 Views)

When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / Akwa Ibom Lady Frying Garri & Everyone Is Calling Her Wife Material / Is She A Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Folade2020: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
My family will be relocating to Ibadan in a couple of months and have been thinking of what business to venture into when we move. Among other things,a friend suggested renting a shop to start selling tailoring materials, in her words "tailors are every where" and the business is quite profitable. I am considering this line of business but would like to seek for advice just before I invest my money.

Note: My start up capital is 300k ( excluding shop rent

Kindly advice in these areas:

:Best area in Ibadan to rent a shop to start up this business ( home residence will be around challenge .
:cost of renting a shop in Ibadan
:where to source the materials from (Lagos or Ibadan itself)
: How profitable is this business.
: Does the business require much training.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Folade2020: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
Awaiting your responses pls...
Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by sisisioge: 9:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
Fola, the best thing is to get to Ibadan first, see the area you intend to get your shop and find out what they need so much around there...this is a sort of feasibility study. Imagine if the area you're moving to have every tailoring shop selling materials as well? Also imagine finding out that there is no frozen food shop in the area. # biz! Essentially, study what the market needs first before deciding on a business.

By the way, I must commend your readiness to do business...only a few strong souls who aren't afraid do it.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 12, 2020
So you want to move from Lagos to ibandan. Brown roof republic.

Abeg make ibandan people nor vex. I’m from edo state, the brown roof extended to edo state. grin don’t feel intimidated. We are one. grin
Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Liliyann(f): 7:34am On Mar 12, 2020
I would advise you go there first and survey the area. That way, you can determine what business to go into

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Folade2020: 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion . I appreciate it.
Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by frozen70(f): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
Folade2020:
Thanks for the suggestion . I appreciate it.

Get there first

Relax and get settled

Don't be in a hurry, take a survey out and make your visibility study

Don't be supprise to discover that there are other things to pick from

Once you make up your mind, go for training like one month to three months to understand the trade

Every business has its own secret and until you learn about it you won't get it right
Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Mizwisdom(f): 6:35pm On Mar 14, 2020
Better think twice about it
Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Cornzy007: 12:38am On May 17, 2020
I'm into the business in oshodi Lagos,Dm me for more information about the business....07032424900

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice : Starting A Tailoring Material Business by Solvik(f): 12:58am On May 17, 2020
Dear OP, I would suggest you get to Ibadan first and see things for yourself.
You see that 300K is not enough for that business, with 500K you're just warming up though depending on how big you want to start.
Yes, you need to train for that business at least two weeks.
Some get materials on the Island while some travel to Aba to get theirs.
My advice, have a plan A, B, C and D, weigh your options carefully, go to people that into the business (pls think of other businesses too) seek advice from them(genuine ones pls) cause I know of someone that started the tailoring material business, she didn't last long in the business why because the person that put her through wasn't straight with her (long story). I wish you best of God

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Man Humiliated, As His 'Will Be India Wife' Ran Out On Him During Wedding / The DISRESPECT I'm Getting While Living At Home Is TOO MUCH / Tough Time For Me As We Celebrate This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.