Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,291 members, 7,957,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health (10198 Views)

Lagosian Who Tested Positive Was Sent Away Without Attention! / Ban On Codeine: Lagos Unveils Comprehensive Strategy To Address Mental Health / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by money121(m): 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ok
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by MezieFresh: 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
Jubilancy:
I really needed this article thank you....
I find myself becoming more stressed by the day .....I keep telling myself it would pass but It didnt..... guess I will try eating breakfast more often and doing some exercises which honestly I think I do often ....after all freaking is a type of exercise lol

Pele..
Lagos.... is something else...

Take away the traffic and our trouble are solved by 60%...

Which exercise are you talking about biko

1 Like

Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by Hotfella(m): 2:14pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lol.

topshotnista:
Guide on mental health?Are you insinuating Lagosians are mad? Issoryt
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by lordthree(m): 2:14pm On Mar 12, 2020
God knows i needed to read this...
Lagos stress will make you age fast

1 Like

Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by tot(f): 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
Suffering has become second nature for many Lagosians. Quality of life, zero. Basically living your life in traffic and we wonder why the life expectancy is 53+
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by uuzba(m): 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
computergeek:
You didn't add the most important one:

Pack all your things and move to the Southeast, where the traffic will not kill you faster than Coronavirus.

If more people pack to South East, then the traffic can be reduced for us in Lagos.
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by Legendguru: 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
smiley
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by EliteDude(m): 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2020
Jubilancy:
I really needed this article thank you....
I find myself becoming more stressed by the day .....I keep telling myself it would pass but It didnt..... guess I will try eating breakfast more often and doing some exercises which honestly I think I do often ....after all freaking is a type of exercise lol

I felt your honest comment. You spend hours commuting to work daily?
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by EliteDude(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
tot:
Suffering has become second nature for many Lagosians. Quality of life, zero. Basically living your life in traffic and we wonder why the life expectancy is 53+

But the irony is there are testimonies of people who escape the loop. That's my dream. Its crazy right now, but better days ahead.

Banana island, watch out for me

2 Likes

Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by LadySarah: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
We wake up by 6.30am to prepare children for school,by 7.30 they are in school.

I can't can Lagos at all.
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by nextstep(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2020
#1 on this list should be: Leave Lagos.

After all the "I must make it in Lagos", you would have ruined your health and your mental state, drinking filtered borehole water from right next to soakaways... all for what? So you can live in an overpriced house that you leave at 5:30am and come back to around 11pm? Spend nearly one full day of every week in your precious life in traffic? (4hours x 5 days = 20 hours a week)

Abeg, Ibadan dey, Ilorin too. PHC, Enugu, Owerri, Asaba are there. Much better quality of life in those cities if you ask me.
We used to live in Lagos when I was small. It's been 4 years since I last visited Lagos (by choice, since I go to other cities), and man, I don't miss it.
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by Origin(f): 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
The only way to survive Lagos is have easy access to fully air-conditioned buses.

Those things are saving lives.

I am however disappointed at the neglect of the
brt bus parks e.g at toll gate.

Before you could get access to bus to any part of Lagos there but now government has neglected it and passengers are left stranded.

Iyana oworo- the lack of buses is apparent with early morning crowd.

Mr Governor should finish the inter city rail way project
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by tot(f): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
EliteDude:

But the irony is there are testimonies of people who escape the loop. That's my dream. Its crazy right now, but better days ahead.

Banana island, watch out for me

Those people are less than 5% of the population. What is the point of being the only 'rich' person surrounded by poverty? Lagos needs to sort itself out and be a place where majority of the people can live a decent life.
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Lagos? Tueeeeeh!!!
You better leave Lagos and come and enjoy better life in Abuja

Tell 'em. Abuja is the real deal. wink
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by EliteDude(m): 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
tot:

Those people are less than 5% of the population. What is the point of being the only 'rich' person surrounded by poverty? Lagos needs to sort itself out and be a place where majority of the people can live a decent life.

Its not a Lagos thing. There will always be poor people in this life, even Jesus Christ said it.

What's the point of been poor and be surrounded by so many poor people?
The presence of the rich is what motivates me
Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by tot(f): 10:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
EliteDude:

Its not a Lagos thing. There will always be poor people in this life, even Jesus Christ said it.

What's the point of been poor and be surrounded by so many poor people?
The presence of the rich is what motivates me

The poor will always be with us agreed, even in the wealthy nations there are poor people but most serious govts aim to narrow the gap between the two.

It's good you are motivated and I believe you'll get to where you're going, however we should always remember this life is not only about us. It's better to have a reasonably balanced society otherwise even the rich can't fully enjoy their wealth.

1 Like

Re: A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health by FalseWalrus: 10:21am On Mar 16, 2020
Certain factors and environment leave u without a choice. mycfavisit customer survey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo Records First Coronavirus Death / Wmans Safe Period: And How Safe / Moving Objects In The Body / Itching After Bath (solution)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.