Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,929 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review (869 Views)

Do You Want More Real Traffic To Your Website? - Let's Share Traffic / How Do You Get Traffic To Your Website? Let's Talk. / Let's Review Various Nigerian Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review by yawatide(f): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
http://www.doraakunyilionline.org/

Please note:
Neither did I do this site nor do I know who did it. Someone just forwarded it to me and I found it interesting, especially given her facebook message:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/dora-akunyili/check-out-my-website/188449871168688

Hey, maybe we can review both sites cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review by bug24(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2010
well. for one, i shuld say GREAT JOB. the graphics are tight,  only that the green is kinda making me feel like a monkey in the forest or a caterpillar that just got released in the bush and wanting fresh green leaves.

at least this one fine pass all other of them politicians. lol

But wait,  even the guy who did it, trans media or one thing one thing;s site is under construction WHat the ffffffffk

http://transmedia-ng.com/

REVIEWS:

This guy shulda stuck to his use of css , Source codes reviews TR, TD, TT, FF

text Alighnment wahala on the http://www.doraakunyilionline.org/rebrand.htm

Speeches page sAYS speeches are being constructed smiley

other than this, i'd say great.
Re: Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review by yawatide(f): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2010
bug: did you notice that the site has been undergoing testing for the past 2 weeks, per the facebook comments? That is more reason why the site should be more robust than it is. Also, note that it is all HTML files. Lord help the developer when it comes time to update global items, with no includes.
Re: Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review by tundewoods(m): 3:06am On Dec 23, 2010
First of all, it feels so good to be back after such a long time away in Iraq , wink

Back to the issue of the day, Dora oh Dora ! Just as someone had earlier said the use of color green on that website would actually make you believe that it's suppose to be one ECO-friendly campaign website or they actually paid or bribed the web designer to use green as the predominant color.

Well that as side,just as yawatide had earlier mention,it takes a lot of guts to still be building static html sites for rather dynamic natured campaign or ego massaging website of this nature.

Any way,we are glad madam rebranding has voluntarily stepped as side so that we can continue using our Naija Naija Lingua.

Please can you guys look up the website for the new Minister of Mis-Information who was thanking GEJ for bringing facebook to Nigeria ! grin
Re: Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review by yawatide(f): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2010
Tunde, you go Iraq? No wonder war don finish for there. Abeg take style enter Afghanistan make that one kuku finish too tongue

Yep, this Akunyili site, I am actually very surprised in a sense. As former minister, she should have access to the best web developers in the nation, one would think. Though I give it 6/10, with a little "rebranding", I could bring it up to at least an 8 cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review by Zahymaka(m): 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
Text, text, text.

I'd personally have any designer who uses less than 12 point type for the main text of a site shot.

Contrast.
Re: Dora Akunyili Website - Let's Review by Enquirer: 4:00am On Dec 25, 2010
I think this nice. The green color obviously correlates with her passion for this country. The graphics is okay.

A few suggestions though; the designer should consider converting the template to run on one of the popular open source cms's out there. I'd suggest Wordpress but i guess Joomla will be okay as well. This will make the job of updating the content a breeze.

S/he should also consider implementing a Jquery-powered slideshow rather than a flash-based one as it is easier to update dynamically using a cms. Besides, it ensures that the slideshow plays in most javascript-enabled browsers.

(1) (Reply)

Path To Truth / Any Nigerian Webhosting Companies Have Their Servers In Nigeria? / Get A .com Domain From Namecheap For $0.99 (N159)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.