Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Fan Wins Barclays Premier League Trophy. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fan Wins Barclays Premier League Trophy. (504 Views)

Barclays Premier League Best XI 2013 Revealed / TB Joshua: Chelsea Will Win Champions League Trophy ! / TB Joshua: Chelsea Will Win Champions League trophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fan Wins Barclays Premier League Trophy. by soloheater(m): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
Chelsea fan Yorrick Pinto received the prize of a lifetime on Sunday when he was visited by the Barclays Premier League trophy at his home in the Andheri (East) area of Mumbai.

He is just one of 20 winners worldwide who took part in the 'Barclays Home Win' competition, which gave fans of the world's most popular domestic football tournament the chance to have the iconic Barclays Premier League trophy visit them for the day.

special day

Faced with the choice of what to do with his special day, Yorrick chose to keep the trophy, which is adorned by blue and white ribbons to mark Chelsea winning the Barclays Premier League last season, at his home to be enjoyed by friends and family in his local neighbourhood.

Yorrick said: "I couldn't believe when I was told that I'd won. I watch Chelsea in the Barclays Premier League whenever I can and to be the first Indian home to host the Barclays Premier League trophy makes us all very proud."

Barclays launched the 'Home Win' competition to celebrate the renewal of its title sponsorship of the Barclays Premier League from 2010 until 2013, and one fan from each Barclays Premier League club has won the privilege of owning the trophy for a day, no matter where they are in the world.

The trophy has already toured the UK and been to winners in the United States and following its trip to Mumbai, the trophy will be heading to Bangalore this weekend, and then to locations as varied as Indonesia, Singapore, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and New Zealand to be enjoyed by the other winners

(1) (Reply)

Redknapp: Arsenal Are Now Favourites For The Title! / Uefa Banned Jose Mourinho / Liverpool And Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.