Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Doing MSC After MBA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Doing MSC After MBA (686 Views)

Msc After The ASUU Strike / What To Do After MBA In Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations. / Career Prospects After MBA In Aviation Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doing MSC After MBA by CaptainAfrica: 7:12am On Mar 13, 2020
Hello everyone. Please I need your advice on this issue particularly if you did your MSc after you did your MBA or you know someone that did so. From the little research that I have done, it seems that what most people do is that they do their MSc first before doing an MBA. However I need opinions on those that did the reverse. Was it worth it for you in your career? Why did you do your MBA first before MSc. Thanks.
Re: Doing MSC After MBA by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:38am On Mar 13, 2020
The admission requirements for M.Sc. is higher than that of MBA. Though the curriculum is almost the same, more commitment is required from M.Sc. students. Lastly, MBA students don't do research, to the best of my knowledge. As a result, MBA graduates cannot proceed to PhD, at
least in Nigeria. That wasn't the case in the past. So if you meet the requirements, forget about MBA and go for M.Sc. Bus Admin.
Re: Doing MSC After MBA by CaptainAfrica: 8:53am On Mar 13, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
The admission requirements for M.Sc. is higher than that of MBA. Though the curriculum is almost the same, more commitment is required from M.Sc. students. Lastly, MBA students don't do research, to the best of my knowledge. As a result, MBA graduates cannot proceed to PhD, at
least in Nigeria. That wasn't the case in the past. So if you meet the requirements, forget about MBA and go for M.Sc. Bus Admin.

Thanks for your response. However my concern is for those that have already done the MBA and not those that are still deciding. Remember anybody from any field can do an MBA but to do an MSC, you usually have to have an undergraduate degree related to the field you want to do an MSc in.
Re: Doing MSC After MBA by viper6695: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
after doing ur MBA you can do Mphil for 9months before you can proceed with PhD

1 Like

Re: Doing MSC After MBA by completed: 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2020
Mphil is not for MBA holders rather, it is specifically met for those Msc holders whose grade are not Up to a B or 60% but 55% to 59%. This is done to qualify the candidate for PhD studies. I will advise the op to go for MSc if you consider progressing to PhD level. If you want to stop at the masters level, don't disturb yourself with Msc Wahala. In the Nigeria context, after MBA and wants to progress to PhD, you must go for MSc and not Mphil. Regards.

viper6695:

1 Like

Re: Doing MSC After MBA by edoairways: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2020
viper6695:
Let me add to what completed said, M.Phil is about A year or more depending on the university.

2 Likes

Re: Doing MSC After MBA by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
MBA will hopefully help you more in management positions in organizations and companies. I know people who did MBA and equally MSc or M.Eng., so many people. You can do both, depends on your determination and commitment, also on what you intend doing in future and the kind of career you want to pursue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Instagram Carousel With Canva And Inshot / Why Is Total 2019/2020 Scholarship List Taking Almost 7 Months / Earn A Steady Stream Of Income From Home As An Academic Researcher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.