Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment (923698 Views)

Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Thanks2God: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2020
Emzenoz:
you guys that did this thing, did you guys read about the NIS ranks and know what that means ?
I know that Asst Supre earns higher than Asst Inspector officer.
But I prefer getting the job as Asst Inspector than not getting the job at all.
There's nothing wrong with applying for the position you gat higher chances of getting employed
A very top reliable source said, most BSc position are reserved for top politicians

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 11:01am On Dec 02, 2020
Emzenoz:
assistant inspector is a non commissioned officer rank and not even the highest in the non commissioned rank. what this means is that you can only attain the highest post of a non commissioned officer. you can use the military as a case of study . that's why they warned that any certificate not presented during registration and screening won't be entertained after employment.
Trying to say in the Immigration service, you can't climb the ladders and get to the rank of Chief superintendent just like in the police force?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2020
Emzenoz:
assistant inspector is a non commissioned officer rank and not even the highest in the non commissioned rank. what this means is that you can only attain the highest post of a non commissioned officer. you can use the military as a case of study . that's why they warned that any certificate not presented during registration and screening won't be entertained after employment.
For those who started with ssce
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2020
Emzenoz:
Yes, your last statement is true but I want to correct something. You can attain the rank in the officer cadre. This is not the military but paramilitary. Haven't you seen police officers that came in as constables and are SP's now? The only problem you will face is that the promotion will be slow, that's it. As an AII of immigration, you can get to the rank of CSI before you retire.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2020
Thanks2God:

I know that Asst Supre earns higher than Asst Inspector officer.
But I prefer getting the job as Asst Inspector than not getting the job at all.
There's nothing wrong with applying for the position you gat higher chances of getting employed
A very top reliable source said, most BSc position are reserved for top politicians
Assistant superintendent Cadra is been hijacked by top officers and politicians..
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2020
Sikpa04:
Yes, your last statement is true but I want to correct something. You can attain the rank in the officer cadre. This is not the military but paramilitary. Haven't you seen police officers that came in as constables and are SP's now? The only problem you will face is that the promotion will be slow, that's it. As an AII of immigration, you can get to the rank of CSI before you retire.
was shocked weather its not possible..
Even some get enlisted into the police force and retire as Deputy commissioner of police or Assistant commissioner of police

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Thanks2God: 11:06am On Dec 02, 2020
Emzenoz:

Your assertion is only applicable with Ssce holders. Asst Inspector can grow above Supre via promotion/Course.
I have a close friend that joined NIS in 2008 with NCE as Asst Inspector, today the guys is already 3 stars(***) officer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 11:14am On Dec 02, 2020
First of all, many got shortlisted without knowing anybody, why?? Because they followed instructions.

Reasons why people didn't get shortlisted at this
stage:
- Failed to upload the necessary documents
- Failed to fill & complete necessary tabs on the portal
- Didn't meet up with the requirements for the position applied for

the system has been programed to select and filter a certain amount of applications. So if you failed to do the necessary things stated on the guidelines, you get filtered out immediately.

Time for connection has not reached, where connection starts it's work is after the CBT exam. That's when you will see people that didn't perform well in exams that will come to camp with you. But have this at the back of your mind, people will be selected on Merit. Many of which will come from Immigration assistants, Inspectorate cadre and very very few from the superintendent cadre.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2020
Sikpa04:
First of all, many got shortlisted without knowing anybody, why?? Because they followed instructions.

stage:

the system has been programed to select and filter a certain amount of applications. So if you failed to do the necessary things stated on the guidelines, you get filtered out immediately.

Time for connection has not reached, where connection starts it's work is after the CBT exam. That's when you will see people that didn't perform well in exams that will come to camp with you. But have this at the back of your mind, people will be selected on Merit. Many of which will come from Immigration assistants, Inspectorate cadre and very very few from the superintendent cadre.
Trying to say after cbt exam their won't be physical & credentials screening??
After the exam, next is training?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 11:27am On Dec 02, 2020
marvdon200:
was shocked weather its not possible..
Even some get enlisted into the police force and retire as Deputy commissioner of police or Assistant commissioner of police
Yes, it's very possible. There's something called Superintendent/Inspector course in the police, it's open for constables, corporals & sergeants who has acquired an educational qualification while in service to top up their rank.
If a corporal acquires an OND cert, he can opt to go for the Inspector course or if he has a degree he can go for the Superintendent course and become an officer.
Although for now the course has been on hold since the inception of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil. Regardless, a constable can get to ASP and an inspector can get to DC if he/she doesn't retire early.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2020
marvdon200:
Trying to say after cbt exam their won't be physical & credentials screening??
After the exam, next is training?
Obviously there would be a physical & credential. No one sends you to camp without that. They are very very important.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2020
Sikpa04:
Obviously there would be a physical & credential. No one sends you to camp without that. They are very very important.
I wonder
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2020
Sikpa04:
Yes, it's very possible. There's something called Superintendent/Inspector course in the police, it's open for constables, corporals & sergeants who has acquired an educational qualification while in service to top up their rank.
If a corporal acquires an OND cert, he can opt to go for the Inspector course or if he has a degree he can go for the Superintendent course and become an officer.
Although for now the course has been on hold since the inception of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil. Regardless, a constable can get to ASP and an inspector can get to DC if he/she doesn't retire early.
Gone are days constables retire with Asp and Dsp, most get to SP, CSP, AC and DC depending on how fast your promo is and recommendations via good arrangement

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by CalebLebsco56(m): 11:33am On Dec 02, 2020
But there is some people that uploaded the necessary documents
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by AududuNine11: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2020
Sikpa04:

stage:

Are you the one in charge of recruitment?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2020
marvdon200:
Gone are days constables retire with Asp and Dsp, most get to SP, CSP, AC and DC depending on how fast your promo is and recommendations via good arrangement
In essence things are flexible these days then. Personally I don't see why someone should not rise to a top rank because he has an SSCE cert. I mean there are lots of immigration assistants that knows the job better than so many officers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Uspic(m): 11:38am On Dec 02, 2020
I don't agree with you wen u said time for connection hasn't reached. Believe me or not, I know two persons who already secured this job even before the shortlist was released yesterday. Both of them were shortlisted for the cbt. Its very possible they've already selected the final people from this stage. All they need do is just to complete the remaining stages in the eyes of the public to fulfill all righteousness
Sikpa04:

stage:

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2020
AududuNine11:

Are you the one in charge of recruitment?
I'm not, what I have said is what I have experienced so far. I have been sat for many military and paramilitary exams to know how things work.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2020
Uspic:
I don't agree with you wen u said time for connection hasn't reached. Believe me or not, I know two persons who already secured this job even before the shortlist was released yesterday. Both of them were shortlisted for the cbt. Its very possible they've already selected the final people from this stage. All they need do is just to complete the remaining stages in the eyes of the public to fulfill all righteousness
You obviously didn't understand. When I say "Time for connection hasn't reached" what I mean is for this stage, they will select many people. Connection won't be the benchmark!! The next selection that's where it will be applied and many people won't make it then because the bars has been set up high.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ibks100(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2020
Sikpa04:

stage:

Biggest shit I've read on this thread.
First off, I'm not saying this because I wasn't shortlisted.
Are you among those that did the shortlist? So you mean to say everyone that wasn't shortlisted had the three problems you listed? Nah.
I've done registration for people and I've done registrations myself. So you can't come here and tell us we didn't meet the requirements, or we didn't upload documents.
I know a guy who didn't upload medical certificate and still got shortlisted, so what are you saying.
Just be grateful your name came out

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Uspic(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2020
Do your research. Not too many persons were shortlisted. They only selected those who already secured the job and added an extra few to the numbers so they'd not have too many empty seats during the examination. Anyways sha, I am glad they showed their true colors at the early stage. I won't have to waste my time and resources to travel for any cbt.
Sikpa04:
You obviously didn't understand. When I say "Time for connection hasn't reached" what I mean is for this stage, they will select many people. Connection won't be the benchmark!! The next selection that's where it will be applied and many people won't make it then because the bars has been set up high.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Bestlily(f): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2020
Whiterose21:

You will see your location assigned to your name, according to the publication.
Oh
Thanks
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ibks100(m): 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2020
AududuNine11:

Che na me go advice am wetin to do ni? You dey find shortlist, them shortlist you. To write exam again come be problem.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ibks100:

Are you among those that did the shortlist? So you mean to say everyone that wasn't shortlisted had the three problems you listed? Nah.
I've done registration for people and I've done registrations myself. I've applied for international admission where I've been offered admission (though can't go cos of exorbitant fee). So you can't come here and tell us we didn't meet the requirements, or we didn't upload documents.
I know a guy who didn't upload medical certificate and still got shortlisted, so what are you saying.

Ok. International admissions isn't the same with Nigeria Immigration Service. Give me the name and application of that your friend that didn't upload a medical cert (or anything at all). Let me check something.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
Uspic:
Do your research. Not too many persons were shortlisted. They only selected those who already secured the job and added an extra few to the numbers so they'd not have too many empty seats during the examination. Anyways sha, I am glad they showed their true colors at the early stage. I won't have to waste my time and resources to travel for any cbt.

Lol...
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by AududuNine11: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Sikpa04:
I'm not, what I have said is what I have experienced so far. I have been sat for many military and paramilitary exams to know how things work.

You're not totally wrong. You're not totally correct either.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by AududuNine11: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ibks100:

I've done registration for people and I've done registrations myself. I've applied for international admission where I've been offered admission (though can't go cos of exorbitant fee). So you can't come here and tell us we didn't meet the requirements, or we didn't upload documents.

Lol... I weak
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Johnson5258: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Best of luck

Ibks100:

You prepare for your exam
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by officialfestus(m): 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
God please hear my cry and fulfill my heart desires of joining.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by marvdon200(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
Those who have applied before, who knows if they use federal character principle via giving a stipulated number of candidates to each local govt.. Esp for Assistant rank
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Thanks2God: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pls who knows how many people they intend to recruit
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Elpadre22: 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
fear Nigerians wallahi, I dey already see someone defending immigration with all his might. Saying those that weren't shortlisted did not fill the form right......Just imagine the audacity, how could Bsc holders fail to fill that simple application process correctly? grin

The guy hasn't even gotten into immigration yet, just ordinary CBT and him dey think he don hammer. Personally, I think even us that got the CBT should be very careful, I just feel we might just there to fulfil all righteousness as slots don already dey some people hands

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (343) (Reply)

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme / Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.