Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study (2315 Views)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / The Changing Changer: A PMB Supporter's Opinions On 2014 Nyanya Vs Today (pix) / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2010
PhysicsQED:

How long does it take you to read a few sentences? 5 minutes? I already said the omission of #3 was a simple error. But of course you would actually think I was saying #3 in your post was wrong because I made the error of omitting it in my first sentence [i]when I'm the person who initially mentioned that he was a Yoruba man and I'm the one who first stated what you stated in #3 [/i]and even knew exactly who the Yoruba man was. I asserted #3, I wouldn't then assert that you were wrong on #3, unless it was a slip up or I was hellbent on contradicting what I had just claimed.

Anyways, your idiocy on this forum has already been established in numerous threads. Hence the idiotic assumption that that was some symposium on elections in Eastern Nigeria with no evidence for that when a simple google search could have revealed what the conference was about.

I was gonna apologize for coming at u so hard (even though you deserved it), but then u wanna come at me all sleek. . . . So, heres to you cus of that smart mouth of yours: FXCUK YOU!!!

You said "ONLY point two was right". . . . try explaining that; u got 19,000 more chances. I'd love to see you pull it off!

Pendejo! Since, according to u, the Conference had nothing to do with the Elections in Eastern Nigeria; feel free to tell us what the Conference was about. . . . Oh, and what elections Ojukwu was harping about!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by isalegan2: 8:35am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

Quote from Onlytruth: "Since the enemies to my survival never take a vacation, why should I?"

If this is how they think, why should I relent?

That appears to be a defensive statement, not an offensive one.  That's the way I see that.

Ileke-IdI:

Respect? These same herds of pigs used the death of an innocent NLer [may his gentle soul RIP] to laugh and crack jokes a few days ago.
How can you respect live if you do not respect the dead? Disgusting ediots.

Anywaz, their God's time is the best.

The offensive statements I saw in threads about the murdered poster had to do with self-serving comments about his religious faith or lack thereof.  I must have missed posts ridiculing him because of his tribe - from anyone, including Ibos.
---

I'm curious to know if either of you lived in Nigeria in your formative years - growing up around Ibos - attending primary or secondary school with them - having them as teachers - living next door to them?  No offense meant.  I'm not saying there isn't a lot of give and take on this NL "tribalism"subject.  I'm following up since you responded to my earlier request for peace.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

That appears to be a defensive statement, not an offensive one.  That's the way I see that.

The offensive statements I saw in threads about the murdered poster had to do with self-serving comments about his religious faith or lack thereof.  I must have missed posts ridiculing him because of his tribe - from anyone, including Ibos.
---

I'm curious to know if either of you lived in Nigeria in your formative years - growing up around Ibos - attending primary or secondary school with them - having them as teachers - living next door to them?  No offense meant.  I'm not saying there isn't a lot of give and take on this NL "tribalism"subject.  I'm following up since you responded to my earlier request for peace.  I just wonder about the internet.

Yes, you missed the part when they created a thread to laugh about how he was slaughtered like a chicken.

Anywaz, I dont get this thread. Can the mods delete it? No substance whatsoever. Are supposed to be staring at shark teeth? undecided
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Really?! Sure, next time I'll remember to request his Certificate of Tribal Affiliation. . . . . .

This is not meant to be a fight.
Just trying to educate you a lil

I wouldn't mind you educating me about AA culture, If you would be so graceful
You should not be angry; its an online forum,some sort of decorum is required for peaceful interaction.
If you feel irritated in one way or the other, know one thing for sure: I come in peace!

If I See a White Man speaking english with a British Accent, 20 times outta 20 I'll automatically assume he's British!

It is your prerogative to assume anything about anybody. However, your hypothetical "20 times outta 20" is an unnecessary exaggeration. Context matters a lot! Does that also mean that a white man speaking with an American accent is American "20  outta 20 times?" Would you go as far as to assume that any black man with a NY accent is an AA " 20 outta 20 times?"

Left to me I'd have assumed the language being spoke by Ojukwu was Ibo. . . . .
Fair enough!

I'm supposed to do "what" with the info above?!

Again, I come in peace.
I was just trying to put things in context for you; sort off give you an example of  why your assumption was flawed from the get go
That said, You seem genuinely irritated; whatever it is in my post that got you mad wasnt meant to generate such a reaction in you.
Once again, accept my sincere apology!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 8:42am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

Would you go as far as to assume that any black man with a NY accent is an AA " 20 outta 20 times?"

Are You serious?!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 8:43am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

This is not meant to be a fight.
Just trying to educate you a lil

Once again, accept my sincere apology!

I hear ya! I wasnt trying to beef u either! Sometimes, folks on here just be. . . . . .
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 8:46am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

I[b]'m curious to know if either of you lived in Nigeria in your formative years - growing up around Ibos - attending primary or secondary school with them - having them as teachers - living next door to them?  No offense meant.  I'm not saying there isn't a lot of give and take on this NL "tribalism"subject.  I'm following up since you responded to my earlier request for peace.  [/b]

With all due respect, I did
I lived all my life in Lagos, Shomolu to be exact, before jetting out,
Yeah, had them as teachers, friends, gfs and what have you.

I am Yoruba, they are Ibo; nothing is going to change that!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by isalegan2: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

With all due respect, I did
I lived all my life in Lagos, Shomolu to be exact, before jetting out,
Yeah, had them as teachers, friends, gfs and what have you.

I am Yoruba, they are Ibo; nothing is going to change that!

All right. Thanks for answering my question.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

All right. Thanks for answering my question.

So are you a tribalist like everyone else?

Or do you have beef with Tribalism?
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by isalegan2: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

So are you a tribalist like everyone else?

Or do you have beef with Tribalism?

Well, that's a loaded question.  Tribalism means different things to different people - especially on NL.

I'm proud of my tribe.  Not sure if that means I'm a tribalist.  I like to know my history and keep traditions alive.  And I don't begrudge other Nigerians from uplifting their tribe.  I am proud to be an African.  I guess you can read my posts to reach your own conclusions about me. 

I'm happy to answer your questions.   smiley

It's late here so if I don't reply you, I fell asleep.  cheesy
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

Well, that's a loaded question. Tribalism means different things to different people - especially on NL.

I[b]'m proud of my tribe. Not sure if that means I'm a tribalist. [/b] I like to know my history and keep traditions alive. And I don't begrudge other Nigerians from uplifting their tribe. I am proud to be an African. I guess you can read my posts to reach your own conclusions about me.

I'm happy to answer tour questions. smiley

By Nigerian standard, Yes, that makes you a tribalist
That is what Awo said that made people label him a tribalist.

Yes welcome brother!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by isalegan2: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

By Nigerian standard, Yes, that makes you a tribalist
That is what Awo said that made people label him a tribalist.

Yes welcome brother!

All right.  Was that a trick question?  Are you playing a game? 

If you're up to something, I'll tell you right now, I'm prob older than you.  Don't try to trick me.  You will lose!  grin 

And, I'm a sister.  Catch you later.

P.S. Don't post cruel things about an ailing man.  Keep your fights out of get-well-soon or "mourning" threads.  There's a hundred other threads for that.  smiley
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

All right.  Was that a trick question?  Are you playing a game? 

If you're up to something, I'll tell you right now, I'm prob older than you.  Don't try to trick me.  You will lose!  grin 

And, I'm a sister.  Catch you later.

P.S. Don't post cruel things about an ailing man.  Keep your fights out of get-well-soon or "mourning" threads.  There's a hundred other threads for that.  smiley

Why come to such a hasty assumption?

Like I said, you are not that different from me. . . No two names!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by isalegan2: 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

Why come to such a hasty assumption?

Like I said, you are not that different from me. . .  No two names!

Okay.  I've read more of your posts and concluded: 1) Contrary to my earlier impression, I am not older than you; 2) You have more NL monikers than I initially thought.  lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need To Know Fact About You (alh Harem). / Jonathan May Shun Presidential Debate / Non-interest Banking Is Originally A Christian System Of Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.