Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC (5827 Views)

Small Tiger Generator With Big Copper Coil / ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) / SOLD!!! Tiger Generator For Sale At A Very Cheap Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by NetBizguy: 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2020
Hi NLanders, I just bought 2 inverter ac, 1.5 hp and 2 hp but, I don't know which generator I should us. I have big generator but, some people are saying it can't carry the two ac.

On the carton of the AC the drew tiger generator and it clearly written that 1.5 hp runs on small 0.9kva generator.

Can my generator which is far bigger than small generator carry 1.5hp and 2 hp

See capacity of my generator

Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by luckize: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
What type of AC and which Manufacturer? I am interested
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by femi4: 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
NetBizguy:
Hi NLanders, I just bought 2 inverter ac, 1.5 hp and 2 hp but, I don't know which generator I should us. I have big generator but, some people are saying it can't carry the two ac.

On the carton of the AC the drew tiger generator and it clearly written that 1.5 hp runs on small 0.9kva generator.

Can my generator which is far bigger than small generator carry 1.5hp and 2 hp

See capacity of my generator
use the bigger gen. Its 3.1KW = 3.8KVA

Even with lg gen cool inverter AC, (1HP – 0.9KVA, 1.5HP – 1.1KVA, 2.0HP – 1.5KVA),
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by NetBizguy: 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2020
luckize:
What type of AC and which Manufacturer? I am interested

Inverter AC

Hair Thermocool

Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by NetBizguy: 5:26pm On Mar 13, 2020
femi4:
use the bigger gen. Its 3.1KW = 3.8KVA

Even with lg gen cool inverter AC, (1HP – 0.9KVA, 1.5HP – 1.1KVA, 2.0HP – 1.5KVA),

I don't understand the calculation as I'm not conversant with these..

Did you see pictures or my Gen? Can it carry 2 hp and 1.5 hp AC at once ?
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by Demmtek(m): 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
Don't try it ooo
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by NetBizguy: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2020
Demmtek:
Don't try it ooo

Why? Can you please explain
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by Demmtek(m): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2020
The small gen is under 1kva if you do the math except you tune it to the highest speed, which is not advisable because the coil may eventually burn or spoil the Ac motor
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by pjc(m): 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
First you need to understand this...Energy can neither be created not destroyed.
Inverter ac's are equipped with power electronics that literally converts AC power inputs into DC and then inverts them back into Ac that goes to the compressor. The advantages
1) It can run at variable input voltages and even at 'low currents' from Nepal
2) it doesn't require high starting current as compared to conventional ac.
3) it can work from 70 to 100% of it's capacity unlike conventional ac's that run at 100% only.

So for your case now:
For the 2acs to function optimally at 100% capacity, you need at least
1) 1.5hp ac will require 1.5kva
2) 2hp ac will require 2kva
Add both power requirements, you should have 3.5kva gen to run the both ac's.

Again, smaller gen like 2.5kva can equally power the two ac's without any issues on your gen but the ac's will only function at 70% of it's capacity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by femi4: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
NetBizguy:

I don't understand the calculation as I'm not conversant with these..

Did you see pictures or my Gen? Can it carry 2 hp and 1.5 hp AC at once ?
The big one will do. The small one will not. Which other language you wan make i talk am
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by henryutd(m): 10:19am On Feb 28, 2022
Please how much did you buy the 1.5hp? I need it. Meanwhile have you been able to use the generator to power the two AC?
Re: Can Small Tiger Generator Carry 1.5 Hp AC by alone1fun12: 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2022
Case

(1) (Reply)

I Redeem Itunes Gift Cards � � And Amazon And Lot More / Clean Grade A Uk Used Hp pavilion G6 Intel Core i5 Laptop@75k / QLink 600VA UPS for 10,000 Naira at Computer Village?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.