Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo (470 Views)

How Man Raped Septuagenarian To Death –police / 41-year-old Islamic Cleric (alfa) Arrested While Defiling 14-year-old Girl / Married Man Caught Defiling 14-Year-Old Girl Inside Container In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo by EddieCAD(m): 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
A 70-year-old man, John Eseigbe, has been arrested in Benin, Edo State for allegedly defiling a 14-year-old girl (name withheld).

The Commissioner for Social Development and Gender Issues, Mrs Maria Edeko, disclosed this in a chat with journalists in Benin City.

She said the 14-year-old girl iwas currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital.

Edeko noted that the investigation was part of efforts by the Governor Godwin Obaseki-led administration to ensure child molestation, rape and defilement were drastically reduced in the state.

She, however, disclosed that the girl’s health condition was getting stable.

According to her, “Governor Godwin Obaseki has said no child under his watch will be defiled, raped or molested. He is determined to ensure that the right of every girl-child in Edo State is protected.

“The issue of child defilement for Obaseki is a serious issue and culprits must be punished for their crimes. We are talking about the 14-year-old girl today. We will not turn a blind eye to such crime as offenders should be ready to go jail.”

The septuagenarian, however, denied the allegation.

He alleged that the girl, who lives with his family, stole from him and was sent packing by his wife.

He added that the parents of the girl are friends to his family, adding that he could not have jeopardised the long-standing relationship that exists between both families.

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/03/14/septuagenarian-arrested-for-defiling-14-year-old-girl-in-edo/amp/

Re: Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo by seunlayi(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
This is bad in this part of the world
Re: Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo by Promotions: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
See fine title " septuagenarian"... English can be polish eh, nothing I can say over this cos is been happening...me I will guard my kids the way police dey guard bullion van...I can't come and hear sorry (what a world)
Re: Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo by Jabioro: 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Someone somewhere is trying to rubbish the old man..I am not saying is not possible but I have doubted Thomas activated..mode on
Re: Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo by ipobarethieves: 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
sad dip the goat pen inside undiluted acid and free him.Bastard
Re: Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo by Omnivalent(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
these rape cases are getting out of hand...
i think our police stations should have castrating department, so that things won't go wrong when these rapists are later released in life....
Re: Septuagenarian Arrested For Defiling 14-year-old Girl In Edo by Olunmercy56(f): 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
The old don mad be that embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Lockdown: Photos Of Women ‘tortured’ By Police Officers Enforcing Cu / Woman: I’ll Name My Baby After My Mother-in-law That I Stabbed To Death / Naval Officer Fles Isolation Center After Not Being Allowed To Smoke Weed(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.