Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

I Have A Question For You All. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Have A Question For You All. (708 Views)

***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** / A Question For Yorubas - What Is An "egbere"? / Ask An African-american A Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Question For You All. by DaRapture: 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2010
Why is it that many of you say "the Blacks" or "this [b]black [/b]girl, guy, person", when speak in regard to us AA. That doesn't make sense to me, because it's said as if you aren't black yourself. Can someone please explain this to me, without any smart ass comments, because this is an actual genuine question in which I've witnessed some other AA question.
Re: I Have A Question For You All. by bkbabe97y(m): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
Jesus! Dude, Youve been exposed, cut it out!

Everyone Knows now that ure Ibo! Remember You used to scream "Black American" before I corrected you waaaay back? lol

Just abandon this I.D and sign in with a different one, cus ur game is up!

Fuxcking Ibo man!
Re: I Have A Question For You All. by excanny: 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^
And what made you think he's 'Ibo' either? Whatever that term means.
Re: I Have A Question For You All. by gbking(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2010
I don't live in America, I'm British but say if I saw another black man I would say like check that black man. I think we subconsciously do it to cut down the people who it could be and maybe get the other person to say "who?" less times. I dunno, we just do it. Blacks, whites, we all say the black man, the white man, what ever.

(1) (Reply)

World Class Scam: Man Fools, Swindles 7,000 Nigerians Over Canadian Visa / Why Are Those Called 'william', Called 'bill'? / Matchmaking Intertribal People, Mum's Side, Dad's Side Or Neither?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.