Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday (74955 Views)

Pictures From APC Governors Meeting With Bola Tinubu In Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by NightFood: 7:11am On Mar 16, 2020
From the building at the background is that the girls school that was affected?

Most definitely it is cry

If that is a gas leak then that is terrible.

Was someone vandalizing a gas pipeline?

That atmosphere was already charged. A spark was all that was required.

So sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNcnF6C2i5A

7 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Perfecttouchade: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2020
Damn...and these abokis where all there waiting till the flames got to them...that was too much and honestly nothing could have stopped the explosion with the way that thing was rushing out

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Okoroawusa: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2020
That was gas going up there n they thought it was child's play until the explosion!!!!

We take things for granted too much. They should have contacted the relevant authorities immediately...

Oh!....the devastation is too much

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Lawgod247: 7:22am On Mar 16, 2020
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Paulscholari(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2020
Terrible!
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by daddytime(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Dandsome: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2020
This is serious. We need very good orientation in this country. Indeed a sad day.
. Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by olaric(m): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2020
We are too nonchalant in this country

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Skyfornia(m): 7:26am On Mar 16, 2020
angry...I heard NNPC officials were there 3 days ago to carry out maintenance. The leakage started after they've gone. Even the military men guarding it were killed too.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by dhardline(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2020
Now this was seriously serious.
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Corrections: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2020
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THIS WAS HOW IT HAPPENED......MY PEOPLE THIS IS HOW ATOMIC BOMB THEORETICALLY OPERATES.

THIS WHAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED...

THE WHOLE AREA KILOMETERS AWAY TO ANYWHERE THE GAS IS CARRIED TO BY AIR IS MARKED ENDANGERED ZONE. THE WHOLE AREA THE GAS SPREADS TO BECOMES AN ENVELOPE OF GAS OF CYLINDER ITSELF.

THIS IS MORE DEADLY BECAUSE IT MIXES WITH OXYGEN IN THE ATMOSPHERE COUPLED WITH CONFINED ENVELOPE OF CONTAINER ( THE WHOLE AREA THE GAS SPREADS TO UNDER REGULATED ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES A CONTAINER WHERETHE REACTION WOULD TAKE PLACE)

WHEN AN IGNITION SETS IN THE FIRE WOULD BURN THROUGH THE GAS PARTICLES PRESENT IN THE AIR SPREAD ABOUT THE AREA. IF IT SPREADS 20 KM AWAY THE FIRE AND ENERGY RELEASED (WAVE ) WOULD TRACE THE POCKET OF GAS MIXED WITH OXYGEN IN FEW SECONDS ACCOMPANYING WITH A POWER EXPLOSION. THE ENERGY IS RELEASED IN FORM OF WAVE AND BURNING FIRE. THE WAVE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION IS ALWAYS POWERFUL THAT IT CAN BRING DOWN BUILDINGS.

THE BUILDINGS YOU SEE COLLAPSED MUST HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY THESE PARTICLES OF GAS MARKED TO BE UNDER THE ENVELOPE OF SHOCKWAVE.

IT WILL TAKE AMIRACLE FOR THE LADIES REPORTING IN THAT VIDEO TO HAVE SURVIVED IF THERE WAS AN IGNITION AT THAT MOMENT.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by RightChannel: 8:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Chisus

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Eteka1(m): 8:51am On Mar 16, 2020
That was a natural gas leak. When that mixes with air and gets ignited, the explosion will be huge and the blast wave can cover many kilometres radius.

I would leave that area as quickly as possible and alert the authorities.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Okoroawusa: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2020
Skyfornia:
angry...I heard NNPC officials were there 3 days ago to carry out maintenance. The leakage started after they've gone. Even the military men guarding it were killed too.
You are wrong. This thing is a residential area. People pass there all the time. Which soldiers guard what? Can you see the Catholic school in the background there. It was not in the bush.

2 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Skyfornia(m): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You are wrong. This thing is a residential area. People pass there all the time. Which soldiers guard what? Can you see the Catholic school in the background there. It was not in the bush.

Oga I'm telling you what I heard from a reliable source living in that area...what is your argument all about?

15 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by jidxin(m): 11:33am On Mar 16, 2020
wow
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by ruggedtimi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
And she stood there.
I remember travelling in a bus and fire started from the engine, when the bus stopped for passengers to run out myself i ran further not just because of the fire in the bus but also the bus stopped near a gas truck.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by lmm4real: 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
undecided where is the owner of the red Toyota camry. I want tell am something.

9 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by NaijaFutbol: 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2020
Skyfornia:

If truly they were there for maintenance, we are finished as a country. Probably half baked, highly connected, empty brained, quota system technicians

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by pacespot(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
Some people say this thing is a bomb explosion, how true is that? Only the eye witnesses can testify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by jchioma: 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
The destruction was really massive.

May those that lost their lives in this tragedy rest in peace.

8 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by iammo(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
This is a real problem oo, if its gas pipeline, then darkness would loom

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Deejaygold(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by bamasite2: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
So sad!

God rest the souls of the departed!
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
Okoroawusa:
That was gas going up there n they thought it was child's play until the explosion!!!!

We take things for granted too much. They should have contacted the relevant authorities immediately...

Oh!....the devastation is too much
d tin just too sad. devastated since yesterday

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by NaijaFutbol: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
Skyfornia:

If truly they were there for maintenance, we are finished as a country. Probably half baked, highly connected, empty brained, quota system technicians

10 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by KingAzari: 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
Skyfornia:

Oga I'm telling you what I heard from a reliable source living in that area...what is your argument all about?

I live in that area. No military shiii guarded anything. It is an open area.

7 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by bjgurl(f): 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
This is terrific and saddened my heart.
RIP TO THE DEPARTED

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by qualityovenbake(m): 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
I just hope the person that shot this video is still alive. Situation like this is best you run/stay very far.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? / Aliyu Atiku Abubakar Weds Fatima Nuhu Ribadu (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Atiku Reacts To 'Meeting' Hushpuppi, Replies APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.