Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday (74984 Views)

Pictures From APC Governors Meeting With Bola Tinubu In Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by johnmattew: 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
anonymousghost2:

Ode
u need to use ur brain b4 commenting...

so u don't know the radiation from phone could ignite a fire.
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Zowee10(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2020
lmm4real:
undecided where is the owner of the red Toyota camry. I want tell am something.

They were the ones who ignited the gas.
Family of four.
They were already in the car when the gas leaked,
And as the man start the car
The next thing boom..

RIP

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by jahlove4jah: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
juwoonn:

How are you sure they've not made distress calls and raised alarms before hitting the record button?
Fine if they did.
But the next wise course would have been to run for their own life, with the magnitude of the explosion how sure are we that they are alive to tell their story. Every now and then people are advised on the danger of using phone close to gas containment and they were busy using phones to capture an escaping gas. Just wish they survived and hope we can also learn too.

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by kolaaderin: 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
lmm4real:
undecided where is the owner of the red Toyota camry. I want tell am something.
That hope he has comprehensive insurance and the car is a total loss.
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Sokosuji: 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
qualityovenbake:
I just hope the person that shot this video is still alive. Situation like this is best you run/stay very far.
of course,..for the phone to be intact and the video released afterwards
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Sokosuji: 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
NaijaFutbol:

If truly they were there for maintenance, we are finished as a country. Probably half baked, highly connected, empty brained, quota system technicians
this is thoughts provoking..
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by juwoonn(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
jahlove4jah:
Fine if they did.
But the next wise course would have been to run for their own life, with the magnitude of the explosion how sure are we that they are alive to tell their story. Every now and then people are advised on the danger of using phone close to gas contentment and they were busy using phones to capture an escaping gas. Just wish they survived and hope we can also learn too.
Yes, you're right.

1 Like

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by ayocrx(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
That was a bomb that went off, that later caused a gas leak, I just got off the phone with my peers in trade fair, it got that far, blast radius 800m at least
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
qualityovenbake:
I just hope the person that shot this video is still alive. Situation like this is best you run/stay very far.
If the phone survived the person must've survived too.
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by special4kenny(m): 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
Okoroawusa:
That was gas going up there n they thought it was child's play until the explosion!!!!

We take things for granted too much. They should have contacted the relevant authorities immediately...

Oh!....the devastation is too much

Which authorities? Or Authorities of which country?
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by lmm4real: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2020
Zowee10:

Family of four.
The next thing boom..

RIP

Wow. From Allah we all came, and to him we will all go. We pray for a good end, and may our good deeds in this world be well enough to earn us Paradise.
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by kingsleybrave(m): 11:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
NightFood:
From the building at the background is that the girls school that was affected?

Most definitely it is cry

If that is a gas leak then that is terrible.

Was someone vandalizing a gas pipeline?

That atmosphere was already charged. A spark was all that was required.

So sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNcnF6C2i5A
Please what's that aboki exclaiming? I am curious......it seems the aboki(s) started exclaiming when the gas engulfed where they were
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by kingsleybrave(m): 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
Satan66:

It's almost impossible for the lady in question to be alive the gas had already covered a large distance .
Why are all asking dumb question......
Is it the girls spirit that released the video?..... because I no the phone she used for the coverage belongs to her...... So the phone didn't get burnt?......
Or u think she uploaded it immediately on social network?
Let's try and reasonable at times....
That girl must be a heroine for that footage..... Because some persons are already pointing at Boko Haram .........

2 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by kingsleybrave(m): 12:07am On Mar 17, 2020
fineboynl:
the video may have been rescued from the memory card
So Who told the retriever that the dead girl recorded the gas leakage?
And how did the retriever recognized her burnt phone over other numerous burnt phones ...
Lastly tell the retriever to put his or her phone inside the fire for at least 10 minutes and bring it out , after which ,let him try and retrieve some information from his or her SD card.... .
My advice: think wisely before you comment......
Look at what nonchalance , ignorance, ineffectiveness, bad government , i-don't-care attitude, carelessness and greediness has caused us.....
There was really a country
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by kingsleybrave(m): 12:25am On Mar 17, 2020
jahlove4jah:
Instead of being proactive and making a distress call and raising alarm, they were busy making video clips. Shame.
Slowpoke are they the only ones that saw it?..... At least they did there best by recording it ....... They saved us so many troubles of wrong speculation .....
Is it a spirit that packed that red Toyota there?
How wish our system is working....NEMA ought to have seen that leakage from there office..... But unfortunately no central working CCTV
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by HazzanTazzan(m): 2:34am On Mar 17, 2020
juwoonn:

That car is gone.
If he start the engine at that moment sef na explosion.

Owner of the red toyota car started the car to move it way from there but everything exploded instantly...

The easiest explanation to how the explosion was concentrated exactly at that same point of mass leakage

2 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by HazzanTazzan(m): 2:34am On Mar 17, 2020
Zowee10:

Family of four.
The next thing boom..

RIP

Exactly my thot
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by jahlove4jah: 5:19am On Mar 17, 2020
kingsleybrave:

Slowpoke are they the only ones that saw it?..... At least they did there best by recording it ....... They saved us so many troubles of wrong speculation .....
Is it a spirit that packed that red Toyota there?
How wish our system is working....NEMA ought to have seen that leakage from there office..... But unfortunately no central working CCTV
Mr smart
So your definition of smartness is to encourage people people to relax in a gaseous charged environment just to video the incident to satisfy your curiosity at the expense of their lives?

Let me add that you are damaging your reputation for insulting others in an online forum for expressing their views. Please grow up.
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by jahlove4jah: 5:39am On Mar 17, 2020
kingsleybrave:

Why are all asking dumb question......
Is it the girls spirit that released the video?..... because I no the phone she used for the coverage belongs to her...... So the phone didn't get burnt?......
Or u think she uploaded it immediately on social network?
Let's try and reasonable at times....
That girl must be a heroine for that footage..... Because some persons are already pointing at Boko Haram .........
is possible she could caprure the moment and share with friends on her SM channels before the explosion. Her chances of survival would be slim considering the proximity, unless she was able to flee before the explosion.

Why I agree that her clip will aid investigation , the truth is that it was dangerous thing to do. They didn't know what they were doing , they were relaxed. They didn't know that explosion was imminent.
The attitude of capturing live moments and updating on SM instantly without taking action to assist is becoming a norm and should be discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by Jadeng: 5:47am On Mar 17, 2020
WHY WAS THIS NOT REPORTED AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE TO AUTHORITIES NA
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by syntax50: 6:00am On Mar 17, 2020
Wouldn't need to reach there, nnpc jus had to shutdown nd isolate the pipeline

condralbedez:
Which appropriate authorities would have reached there before it escalate? you dey 9ja so?
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by deavicky(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
Seriously
Re: Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday by anonymousghost2(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
johnmattew:
u need to use ur brain b4 commenting...

so u don't know the radiation from phone could ignite a fire.

Ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? / Aliyu Atiku Abubakar Weds Fatima Nuhu Ribadu (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Atiku Reacts To 'Meeting' Hushpuppi, Replies APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.