Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract (306 Views)

Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract by robosky02(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
Rohr: I Won’t ‘Beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract

Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr says he will not be ‘asking’ his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) about his contract renewal.
Rohr, who was first appointed by the NFF in August 2016 on a two-year contract
got his first contract renewed for another two years in January 2018 ahead of the

2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. And with his current contract set to expire in June this year, the NFF are considering offering the Eagles boss a new contract, but with new and stringent conditions attached.

In a tweet monitored by Complete Sports on Osasu Obayiuwana’s Twitter handle, the 66-year old gaffer says while he is waiting for the NFF to approach him on the issue, his focus remains with the Eagles and his major concern for now is about the players’s health and fitness especially in the face of the Coronavirus outbreak.

@osasuo: “I will not ask @thenff what is going on with my contract renewal (with just over 3 months left on his present deal). It’s for the NFF to approach me. I am still waiting,” Obayiuwana quotes Rohr on Twitter.

Read Also: Ronaldo Hotel Denies Turning Into Makeshift Coronavirus Hospital

“My job is to focus on the @NGSuperEagles, as long as I am the coach of this team. And I am going to do just that.

“Right now, my concern is that our players in Europe stay physically fit, even when they are not playing, because of the #coronavirus situation.”

Part of the conditions stipulated by the NFF as regards Rohr’s new contract will mandate the coach to live in the country (Lagos or Abuja) and will be allowed to travel on vacation only three times in a year.

Also, the coach will no longer earn tax-free wages unlike before while his selection of players must be approved by the NFF Technical Committee.

Rohr had led Nigeria to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia where the Eagles exited in the group stages and then led the team to a bronze finish at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

He has managed the Eagles in 49 games with 29 wins, 11 draws and 9 losses.

https://www.completesports.com/rohr-i-wont-beg-nff-for-new-eagles-contract/

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract by Nairalandmonika: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2020
You are begging with style already.
Re: Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract by robosky02(m): 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
You are begging with style already.

Begging ?

I think we should do things right

If we want him sign him and leave all the story

Or let him go and start all over afresh
Re: Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract by toffyz(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2020
Then let's see who's going to affect sooner or later.

Yeye white pig!
Re: Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract by robosky02(m): 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
toffyz:
Then let's see who's going to affect sooner or later.

Yeye white pig!

Like seriously.

He deserve respect not insults
Re: Rohr: I Won’t ‘beg’ NFF For New Eagles Contract by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
robosky02:

Like seriously.

He deserve respect not insults
dont give that idiot the attention he craves

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Set To Sign Odion Ighalo For £15m In The Summer / Sign Up On Sportcheq.com Today!!! #onlinesportscommunity / Three Reasons Why Genort Rhor Should Quit Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.