Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,202 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths (31650 Views)

PDP Last-minute Deal; Cede Senate Presidency To Southwest, Southeast For SGF / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by luluman: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
YorubaMyKids:

Shut up you guys were only able to do that because you were emboldened by Buhari's hatred on Igbos nothing else. You have been waiting for the opportunity to tighten your grip on Lagos due to your greed and envy towards Igbos and Buhari gave you that which your hearts solemnly desired. Be that as it may, it still doesn't take away the fact that Yorubas don't own Lagos and any anti Yoruba that become President can turn the tides in a flash.. Don't rejoice yet on your grabbed Lagos...
Your grabbed Lagos? Tell the world one area in lagos government where you decide for all.So we enjoy one thing from Buhari at last,I thought you said we are just slaves with no benefits, so we get benefit now? Thank God. By the way, what is that spirit that keeps chasing you people out of your town now? Just be bold and tell Nairaland, you ran to North, hausa chase you instead of going home you ran to S.Africa they also chase you, as shameless as you are even after coming back you still can't stay in your village.WHAT IS CHASING YOU ABOUT NOW?

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thonypadua:
crosscheck your comment dear.
All your comment was SS will revenge
In case you don't know, the South west made Jonathan vulnerable. The speaker and Senate president were both Northners all thanks to the greed and short sightedness of the Yoruba elite. They supported a Fulani instead of one of their own.

Yoruba pay lip service to resource control. They are not in support. Their body language tells us they are not.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by YorubaMyKids: 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
luluman:
even after coming back you still can't stay in your village.WHAT IS CHASING YOU ABOUT NOW?

Mr chaser grin You too stay in your village why are you flooding Lagos and "Yorubatifying" that beautiful ex capital of Nigeria?? Go back to Oshogbo and Ibadan na its not hard afonja.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ocha88(m): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
CSTR2:

Wrong approach.
This is the same foolish mentality that created an avenue for another region to act as lord and master of the south.
This is what tinubu wants.
That is why the south east is getting $0.00 in the 30 billion dollars loan.

Like my igbo lecturer in PRE572 used to say, apoliticism is self defeatism.

If you like your children and the future of Igboland, you would drop this attitude and play with the highest bidder.

if you are an Igbo man which I doubt you will know by now that Any man/woman with Igbo blood never depends on government to succeed in life and that mentality is what keep us ahead of order tribes despise all the effort to frustrate our hustle, as long as am concern Nigeria is a fail state.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by CSTR2: 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
ocha88:
if you are an Igbo man which I doubt you will know by now that Any man/woman with Igbo blood never depends on government to succeed in life and that mentality is what keep us ahead of order tribes despise all the effort to frustrate our hustle, as long as am concern Nigeria is a fail state.
You are not ahead of any tribe.

You don't even have a railway in any part of igboland.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by jneutron4000: 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
PHijo:

You could have supported Jonathan if you were serious about that! Instead you brought a Fulani fundamentalist only to get VP position.

We no longer trust you guys, it will take time to build that trust. Definitely not in 2023.
go and see how Tinubu campaigned for GEJ in 2011, his popular sentence in that election is Jonathan lo ni, Fashola ni wednesday, how did he pay the Yoruba back We dont need your trust, keep your trust to yoursel, we just say you use your brain and do what will benefit you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by QuotaSystem: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
fk002:

No, I mean should the North handover power to the south or retain it as Yerima suggested.

I am not talking about SE

Hand over to the south in the interest of our national unity.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
jneutron4000:
go and see how Tinubu campaigned for GEJ in 2011, his popular sentence in that election is Jonathan lo ni, Fashola ni wednesday, how did he pay the Yoruba back We dont need your trust, keep your trust to yoursel, we just say you use your brain and do what will benefit you.

Did Buhari benefit you?
What additional benefit did Tinubu want?
In the 5 years Jonathan was president neither he or his petroleum minister approved any oil bloc for any Ijaw! At least 65 percent of the oil and gas assets are in Ijawland.

If not anything else, Jonathan's petroleum minister approved the purchase of ConocoPhillips Nigerian assets.

If Tinubu didn't want Jonathan in 2015 he should have contested. Bringing Buhari is the height of wickedness.

The most annoying one is the professor. He even tells all sorts of lies against Jonathan.

It is in our interest to make a statement. Maybe next time we will all learn to respect ourselves in Southern Nigeria. Despite all the evil Obasanjo did in Ijawland and the rest of the Niger Delta we never treated him the way Jonathan was treated by your people.

I hear you guys claim Jonathan did not give you lucrative positions. What lucrative positions did Obasanjo give Ijaw people in his government?

How many did he appoint?

If we want to move forward let's stand by the truth.

Even the privatisation process under Obasanjo favoured Yoruba people.

Point out people who were not qualified that Jonathan appointed because they are Ijaw! I would like to know. If your grouse with him are the Igbo he appointed. Can you accuse them of nepotism, corruption or stealing?

We can't make progress with this petty mindset.

As Ijaw people we've taken the nonsense you Nigerians shove down our throats. Some of you think we are stupid!

Enough is enough, we won't take any s**t any longer.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by jneutron4000: 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
PHijo:

Did Buhari benefit you?
What additional benefit did Tinubu want?
In the 5 years Jonathan was president neither he or his petroleum minister approved any oil bloc for any Ijaw! At least 65 percent of the oil and gas assets are in Ijawland.

If not anything else, Jonathan's petroleum minister approved the purchase of ConocoPhillips Nigerian assets.

If Tinubu didn't want Jonathan in 2015 he should have contested. Bringing Buhari is the height of wickedness.

The most annoying one is the professor. He even tells all sorts of lies against Jonathan.

It is in our interest to make a statement. Maybe next time we will all learn to respect ourselves in Southern Nigeria. Despite all the evil Obasanjo did in Ijawland and the rest of the Niger Delta we never treated him the way Jonathan was treated by your people.

I hear you guys claim Jonathan did not give you lucrative positions. What lucrative positions did Obasanjo give Ijaw people in his government?

How many did he appoint?

If we want to move forward let's stand by the truth.

Even the privatisation process under Obasanjo favoured Yoruba people.

Point out people who were not qualified that Jonathan appointed because they are Ijaw! I would like to know. If your grouse with him are the Igbo he appointed. Can you accuse them of nepotism, corruption or stealing?

We can't make progress with this petty mindset.

As Ijaw people we've taken the nonsense you Nigerians shove down our throats. Some of you think we are stupid!

Enough is enough, we won't take any s**t any longer.

You said if Tinubu want he should have contested under with political party if I may ask you, would you allow muslim muslim ticket? You do not have to be emotionally rather you play the game to your advantage, Under GEJ you and I know that SW was heavily marginally, we do not cry all over the play. Anyways as I have advised early play the game to your advantage, do what you know is best for your region. You are free to vote against the West if you feel the North will serve your interest better. Simple smiley

2 Likes

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by luluman: 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
YorubaMyKids:

Mr chaser grin You too stay in your village why are you flooding Lagos and "Yorubatifying" that beautiful ex capital of Nigeria?? Go back to Oshogbo and Ibadan na its not hard afonja.
Because Lagos is South West, I'm yoruba so I'm directly related. But Igbo is S East ,they aren't any related let alone directly related and not even wanted so they should go

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
jneutron4000:
You said if Tinubu want he should have contested under with political party if I may ask you, would you allow muslim muslim ticket? You do not have to be emotionally rather you play the game to your advantage, Under GEJ you and I know that SW was heavily marginally, we do not cry all over the play. Anyways as I have advised early play the game to your advantage, do what you know is best for your region. You are free to vote against the West if you feel the North will serve your interest better. Simple smiley

To the best of my knowledge Tinubu did not contest for the presidential primaries. You further validated my point.

If anyone should be angry we and our neighbours should.

Did Shagari and Yar'Adua favour or marginalize the South west?

How did Jonathan marginalize the South west?

If anyone marginalised the South west it was Tinubu. Maybe I am not understanding what you mean by 'marginalize'.

If any group should complain about marginalisation it is not the Yoruba! Not in any way.

What will those of us you are feeding fat on our resources say?

You guys keep on telling us to our face that Nigeria is a fraud meant to benefit the Yoruba and Fulani.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ocha88(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
CSTR2:

I’ve been opportune to visit some part of north and SW that have railways and I can tell you that they are not living better than ppl in the eastern side

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2020
CSTR2:

Is it individuals that build railways or the Nigerian state?

Your statement is disappointing.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Thonypadua(m): 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
PHijo:

In case you don't know, the South west made Jonathan vulnerable. The speaker and Senate president were both Northners all thanks to the greed and short sightedness of the Yoruba elite. They supported a Fulani instead of one of their own.

Yoruba pay lip service to resource control. They are not in support. Their body language tells us they are not.
sorry dear your problem is more than what I can solve for you.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Thonypadua(m): 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
YorubaMyKids:

Bastard you have no streets as far as Lagos is concerned my friend! I'll never agree that Lagos is Yoruba land so try that your cheap gimmick with some ignorant fools in your circle..

Lagos is NO MAN'S LAND QED!!!
you keep on saying Lagos is no mans land and none of your kinsmen rule Lagos.
Why can't you accept your faith as economic refugees and move on.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by YorubaMyKids: 4:36am On Mar 18, 2020
Thonypadua:
you keep on saying Lagos is no mans land and none of your kinsmen rule Lagos.
Why can't you accept your faith as economic refugees and move on.

Lagos remains a no man's land. That you have grabbed it and dominated it doesn't make it yours from origin, why don't you accept the fact that you are opportunists and land grabbers and move the fucck on.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by deji17: 6:12am On Mar 18, 2020
PHijo:

To the best of my knowledge Tinubu did not contest for the presidential primaries. You further validated my point.

If anyone should be angry we and our neighbours should.

Did Shagari and Yar'Adua favour or marginalize the South west?

How did Jonathan marginalize the South west?

If anyone marginalised the South west it was Tinubu. Maybe I am not understanding what you mean by 'marginalize'.

If any group should complain about marginalisation it is not the Yoruba! Not in any way.

What will those of us you are feeding fat on our resources say?

You guys keep on telling us to our face that Nigeria is a fraud meant to benefit the Yoruba and Fulani.

On a serious note. Why do you think Kano and some Northern states are having better infrastructure while Delta state that receives almost 5 times the allocation of these states is lacking in basic amenities like good roads, hospitals etc, despite having less population and land mass? Why? Should you guys not drag people like Ibori, Uduaghan etc out and shot them in broad day light?
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Gabriel004: 8:25am On Mar 18, 2020
mystery22:
all dis lazy skul miners,korunu people,no wonder you guys don't think, imagine the raping northerners will do to you guys if will leave Nigeria,no savior anymore,only master and slave,useless afonja,lazy times,nobody wants you guys,(northerners are managing u guys cos yorubas are sheep,easily controlled)coz u lots are snake...
Lol, you never even go your London country, you already murdering it with your grammar
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Rochas2023: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2020
ocha88:

Without gov you are nothing. No infrastructure in East, that's you guys are running away. If you don't play politics and get something now you and especially your children will suffer in future
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ocha88(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2020
Rochas2023:

Without gov you are nothing. No infrastructure in East, that's you guys are running away. If you don't play politics and get something now you and especially your children will suffer in future
my children will not suffer what they know nothing about, am not saying that infrastructure is not important but the worst that can happen to any easterners is to have a mindset that government will set a platform for him to start life.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 11:11am On Mar 18, 2020
deji17:
On a serious note. Why do you think Kano and some Northern states are having better infrastructure while Delta state that receives almost 5 times the allocation of these states is lacking in basic amenities like good roads, hospitals etc, despite having less population and land mass? Why? Should you guys not drag people like Ibori, Uduaghan etc out and shot them in broad day light?

The answer is simple, why have Nigerians failed to kill their leaders despite all they've stolen from the Niger Delta?

1. Nigeria has been choosing our 'leaders' for us since 1999.
2. Constructing roads in my region costs more than in Kano or any other part of Nigeria
3. I am not from Delta state so I can't be specific when it comes to Delta state.
4. We should be asking Nigerians what they do with more than 86 percent of our resources and not the other way round.
5. If people are guilty of stealing or corruption it is Nigeria's court system that should deal with that. We don't have the power to do otherwise.

I wonder why you brought this up. It doesn't seem to be related to this thread.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by BSMS(f): 11:54am On Mar 18, 2020
The day mnk will stop saying Biafra that is the end of him
SLAP44:
He should be man enough to pick up his phone and call Nnamdi Kanu and lobby him.

Where the Great Nnamdi stands is where we stand. grin
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
LegendHer0:

The Yorubas have never depended on you. We know you guys are hate personified, you are spoilers, anything you can’t have you must make sure that other person must not have it.

Thank God you guys already gave up even without starting the fight. Now go to your village and watch how men play 2023
real politics. Soon you will all have the face of a Yoruba president sitting in your offices in Ala-Igbo.

Accept my sympathy in advance!

That is NOT true!
The Igbo have supported Fulani candidates, a Yoruba candidate and an Ijaw candidate.

They took a principled stance against APC and Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

If anyone says the Igbo cannot unite, 2011, 2015 and 2019 says otherwise.

The problem of Southern Nigerian politics is the Yoruba, not the Igbo. You guys are so fixed on your interest and make no room to accommodate that of others.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by DabuIIIT: 7:25am On Mar 19, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
Let's be honest with ourselves. Igbos are not known for service delivery. Our tribe is very corrupt and our leaders are inept. Just look at Aba the economic capital of Abia state and Igbo land in general. It tells a lot about our people. It means if we are given Lagos to govern as our people have been agitating for a long time, we would turn it into a mess in a very short time like we did to Aba. Igbos don't know anything about good governance. We are just good traders.

See how you posted your own pic to show us how "beautiful" you are lolsssssss

grin grin
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by LegendHer0: 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
PHijo:

That is NOT true!
The Igbo have supported Fulani candidates, a Yoruba candidate and an Ijaw candidate.

They took a principled stance against APC and Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

If anyone says the Igbo cannot unite, 2011, 2015 and 2019 says otherwise.

The problem of Southern Nigerian politics is the Yoruba, not the Igbo. You guys are so fixed on your interest and make no room to accommodate that of others.

When have you ever presented a presidential candidate that the Yoruba did not support?

Since 1999, no Igbo man was on the ballot as the presidential candidate for the two leading parties. So how is that Yoruba problem?
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by pazienza(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
CSTR2:
Igbos already have the advantage of close political proximity to the south south .

That is majority southern support just like Peter Obi got.

It just need a bit more political tweaking in relation to the north, and it would be a winner.

Igbos can become president in 2031 at the latest, but they need sense.

"They"? I always thought you were Igbo?
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Obiobidgbo14: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
CSTR2:

because your father built it not federal Government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Maiduguri Explosion: How Rockets Crushed 9 Boys On Football Field / Police Officer Killed As Shi’ites Protest In Abuja (Picture) / Police arrest Senator Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.