Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) (621 Views)

#Nobraday: Karina Adobaba-Harry Shares Her Cancer Survival Story (Photos) / Man Serves His Amputated Foot To Friends For Dinner (Graphic Story & Photos) / Disabled Young Man On Crutches Shares His Story (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by SinisterX(m): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
SinisterX:
Dr Fijabi, had in 2007, bought about N12 million worth of Fanta and Sprite drinks from Coca Cola Ltd, and exported same to the United Kingdom.
However, on reaching England, under Health and Safety regulations, the authorities tested the products and found them to contain "poisonous levels of Benzoic Acid and Sunset addictive"
and therefore declared "unfit for human consumption".
The whole export consignment was consequently destroyed.
Dr Fijabi therefore, sued Coca Cola for Negligence, breach of duty of care to its customers, and loss of earnings.
Fine.
Now comes the interesting part - The Almighty Coca Cola offered only one defense in court :
That Mr Fijabi did not tell them he was going to Export the Fanta and Sprite to England;
That they were indeed manufactured "FOR LOCAL CONSUMPTION ONLY."
What
For local consumption?
what Coca Cola Bottling Company is telling us, is that,
If they knew the Fanta and Sprite were to be exported to England, they would not have added so much poisonous acid;
But for the people of Nigeria, it is normal to poison us.
That is the official courtroom statement of Coca Cola Bottling Company of Nigeria.
Yesterday, The Lagos High Court under Justice Adedayo Oyebanji, was 'crying' when She gave judgement against Coca Cola, declaring them callous and negligent.
She accused NAFDAC for not carrying out proper laboratory checks on 'minerals' production in Nigeria.
Cancer was listed as one of the ailments that the present Fanta and sprite can cause, especially if taken with Vitamin C tablets.

Credit: PunchNewspaper
https://punchng.com/i-can-go-20-years-more-till-i-get-justice-adebo-man-who-sued-fanta-sprite/
Cc Lalasticlala

Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by imiski(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria where anything sells

2 Likes

Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by SinisterX(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
imiski:
Welcome to Nigeria where anything sells
It’s just terrible

1 Like

Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
The fanta I drink when I'm outside is different in taste from that consumed locally. I blame it all on our government who have taken sides with NBC to keep poisoning our people. I heard of the story some years back.

2 Likes

Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by donbachi(m): 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
The one wey dey pain me pass na "zero sugar" written on coke,fanta and sprite plastics...yet,one hour after drinking it,ur mouth still dey taste sugar sugar...

5 Likes

Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by SinisterX(m): 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2020
fairfora:
The fanta I drink when I'm outside is different in taste from that consumed locally. I blame it all on our government who have taken sides with NBC to keep poisoning our people.
They seem to be getting interest from the company per bottle produced but at what cost? The lives of the masses!
Living in Nigeria is a pandemic on it’s own
Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by SinisterX(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
donbachi:
The one wey dey pain me pass na "zero sugar" written on coke,fanta and sprite plastics...yet,one hour after drinking it,ur mouth still dey taste sugar sugar...
Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by Ehiscotch(m): 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
Anyone who has tasted Coca-cola or Pepsi products home and abroad knows that "the difference is clear".

Either ways, I'm not a fan of soft drinks (minerals); my body has just recently developed a kinda displeasure to it.

1 Like

Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by PlaysNigeria: 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
Everything about this contree just weak me Low budget contreesad
Re: More That Meets The Eye: The Coca-Cola Story (Photos) by Smithwilliams826: 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
I have stopped taken minerals. I only take natural fruit juice, zobo and kúnú.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu orders closure of Lagos markets / The Grand Coronavirus Cover-up In Kwara By 'fisayo Soyombo / Corona Virus Heat: Bikini Clad Nurse Strips Down To Aviod PPE Heat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.