Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" (2667 Views)

Bandits Turn Villagers Into Slaves In Katsina - Bashir Kurfi / Gunmen Attack Professor Banji Akintoye's House In Ekiti / We Have Declared Yoruba Sovereignty— Professor Banji Akintoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 10:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Yorubas claiming southern Nigeria is a misnomer, ... They are simply west..

meanwhile kwara is in North.
Mr "Misnomer" So what should we call an area North of an ocean?
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by helinues: 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
Herdsmen:

Bro I no be hater..and you’re not new here..
Been here since 2006..

This new guys go just Dey insult igbos anyhow like they’ve got monopoly of insult s and curses.

Had a moniker they ban from 2010 till 2023..
we nor provoke..

If your people want peace .. they should give peace..
If you insult igbos unnecessarily and mods allow it.. then me my self won’t stop with the truth

Propaganda against Igbo have to stop..
... guess your people need this drugs more

Had a moniker they ban from 2010 till 2023

And your new moniker is Herdsmen..

grin
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Herdsmen: 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:

And your new moniker is Herdsmen..

grin

Nope .. this moniker is for my aburo.. had to free it for me grin

You ba? cheesy they no see me.
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:31am On Mar 17, 2020
Access to sea currently controlled by a fulani
They always can't wait to take over the Ports
'Allowed' to lead is the keyword, even though we never seem to be able to get the Yoruba leader we want.
If I have to explain these to u, then no point really

Iamgrey5:
Tell me what I said that is a lie

Have you ever seen where slaves are allowed to lead?

Coupled with the fact that

We have the only access to the Sea in Nigeria.

The largest refinary in Sub Sahara Africa

Almost 60% of those travelling outside Nigeria have to pass through the south west

The largest project being constructed by this administration is currently in the South West (Lagos-ibadan Rail line)

Which slave in human history enjoy those aforementioned privileges?

3 Likes

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 6:14am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Access to sea currently controlled by a fulani
They always can't wait to take over the Ports
'Allowed' to lead is the keyword, even though we never seem to be able to get the Yoruba leader we want.
If I have to explain these to u, then no point really

what do you mean by we can't seem to elect the Yoruba leader we want

At least Obasanjo won almost 70% of Yoruba votes in his second term in office, Osinbajo got nearly 65% in his first term..

Or is it at the state level?

Which port are they trying to take over? Abi the port has not existed for more than 9 decades? Are they going carry it to the North?

I don't get all these sentimental talks
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2020
You would soon get it
What an elder sees while sitting....u know the rest

Iamgrey5:
what do you mean we can seem to elect the Yoruba leader we want

At least Obasanjo won almost 70% of Yoruba votes in his second term in office, Osinbajo got nearly 65% in his first term..

Or is it at the state level?

Which port are they trying to take over? Abi the port has not existed for more than 9 decades? Are they going carry it to the North?

I don't get all these sentimental talks
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 6:20am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
You would soon get it

Bro if you really want to take up the tag of a slave for political purpose, feel free to tag yourself one.

Evidence doesn't support your assertion
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:27am On Mar 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Bro if you really want to take up the tag of a slave for political purpose, feel free to tag yourself one.

Evidence doesn't support your assertion

All those yoruba women sneaking in cups of rice
Youths massively unemployed
No electricity, no water, mass hopelessness,

Like prof Banjo said, we have to take our destiny in our hands otherwise our children would be treated the way Nigeria treats it's children.

1 Like

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 6:43am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

All those yoruba women sneaking in cups of rice
Youths massively unemployed
No electricity, no water, mass hopelessness,

Like prof Banjo said, we have to take our destiny in our hands otherwise our children would be treated the way Nigeria treats it's children.
Oh i forgot that the rest of Nigerians are having the time of their lives living in abosolute affluence

I forgot Alamanjiri and those that pack in buses like Sardins to seek economic refuge in west.

Perhaps those are your masters ?
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:50am On Mar 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Oh i forgot that the rest of nigeria are having the time of their lives living in abosolute affluence

I forgot Alamanjiri, those that pack in buses like Sardins to seek economic refuge in west.

Perhaps those are your masters ?

Look here, even an Hausa man would swear he not a slave in the North,
Those Almajiri are in the South to Polish shoes, fetch water and all those slave jobs,
It's not an indication that SW is a land of opportunity, when even our youths are crying and leaving Nigeria in their thousands. Of course while they escape, they are being replaced by other tribes

Northern Nigeria is why some Yoruba's think they are doing ok in Nigeria, but since when did we start comparing ourselves to Northerners?

We used to be in a league of our own.
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 6:58am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Look here, even an Hausa man would swear he not a slave in the North,
Those Almajiri are in the South to Polish shoes, fetch water and all those slave jobs,
It's not an indication that SW is a land of opportunity, when even our youths are crying and leaving Nigeria in their thousands. Of course while they escape, they are being replaced by other tribes

Northern Nigeria is why some Yoruba's think they are doing ok in Nigeria, but since when did we start comparing ourselves to Northerners?

We used to be in a league of our own.
Even in a land of famine, their are those more equal than others.

No one is pushing anyone, anywhere. People are smart enough to seek economic opportunities where there's opportunity.

Majority of what the Hausas are doing can't be done by Yorubas for a living or can your educated brother start doing manual labour or shoe maker?

Forgot about the Northerners, what of the Easterners that have to travel to the west to earn a living?

You are simply too emotional that you will take any dirt thrown at you.

Like I told you earlier, feel free to tag yourself a slave. It is your choice
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:07am On Mar 17, 2020
It's not a tag, it's reality and it's time to start waking our children to their full potential.
Otherwise their standard of living would keep dropping, they would be fed in schools like almajiri kids because their parents have been decapitated.
South Easterners are in Borno, that is not an indication of anything, just shows a people that like to spread their tentacles.
If as a Yoruba man you need these explanations, I really don't know what else to say!
Travel around the SW and see the real nature of things,

Iamgrey5:
Even in a land of famine, their are those more equal than others.

No one is pushing anyone, anywhere. People are smart enough to seek economic opportunities where there's opportunity.

Majority of what the Hausas are doing can't be done by Yorubas for a living or can your educated brother start doing manual labour or shoe maker?

Forgot about the Northerners, what of the Easterners that have to travel to the west to earn a living?

You are simply too emotional that you will take any dirt thrown at you.

Like I told you earlier, feel free to tag yourself a slave. It is your choice

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 7:16am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
It's not a tag, it's reality and it's time to start waking our children to their full potential.
Otherwise their standard of living would keep dropping, they would be fed in schools like almajiri kids because their parents have been decapitated.
South Easterners are in Borno, that is not an indication of anything, just shows a people that like to spread their tentacles.
If as a Yoruba man you need these explanations, I really don't know what else to say!
Travel around the SW and see the real nature of things,

Eyah ! I don't know South Easterners go to Borno to clear their goods or are so many in Borno to the extent that they start calling it a no man's land.

And like I told you earlier, you can also tell your children and relatives "that they are like slaves in Nigeria" so that they can have the self-esteem and confidence they need to overcome life challenges. It's really your choice

And about poverty level, perhaps you need to travel around Nigeria to understand why many people still prefer the west as a destination for economic refuge.
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:23am On Mar 17, 2020
You keep comparing Yoruba's with other regions that live in a very base existence!! That's what Nigeria does to you, you look at others suffering and you feel you are 'at least better than them'
Did you even listen to the speech before disagreeing?
As long as we are in Nigeria, Lagos IS no man's land!! No matter how emotional it makes you!

Luckily for we Yoruba's, we have the likes of the prof who is waking the young minds

Iamgrey5:
Eyah ! I don't know South Easterners go to Borno to clear their goods or are so many in Borno to the extent that they start calling it a no man's land.

And like I told you earlier, you can also tell your children and relatives that you they are slaves so that they can have the self-esteem and confidence they need to overcome life challenges. It's really your choice

And about poverty level, perhaps you need to travel around Nigeria to understand why many people still prefer the west as a destination for economic refuge.

1 Like

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 7:36am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
You keep comparing Yoruba's with other regions that live in a very base existence!! That's what Nigeria does to you, you look at others suffering and you feel you are 'at least better than them'
Did you even listen to the speech before disagreeing?
As long as we are in Nigeria, Lagos IS no man's land!! No matter how emotional it makes you!

Luckily for we Yoruba's, we have the likes of the prof who is waking the young minds

Perhaps you have forgotten the bases of our argument

If Yorubas are slaves in Nigeria, who are the masters
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:44am On Mar 17, 2020
The masters are the feudal lords of the North!
You know those ones that keep killing Yoruba leaders,
Those ones that promised not to let Southerners control their own destiny (which you are unconsciously fighting to protect)
Those ones that SUCCESSFULLY destroyed Hausa's and made hausa fight for them, something they seem to have done to you.
The ones that kill you and then call you primitive and an irridentist for daring to protect yourself.
You can see that some yorubas whose slavery has reached alarming dimensions are totally against Amotekun, the thought of offending their masters just scares them.

Iamgrey5:
Perhaps you have forgotten the bases of our argument

If Yorubas are slaves in Nigeria, who are the masters
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 7:47am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
The masters are the feudal lords of the North!
You know those ones that keep killing Yoruba leaders,
Those ones that promised not to let Southerners control their own destiny (which you are unconsciously fighting to protect)
Those ones that SUCCESSFULLY destroyed Hausa's and made hausa fight for them, something they seem to have done to you.
The ones that kill you and then call you primitive and an irridentist for daring to protect yourself.
You can see that some yorubas whose slavery has reached alarming dimensions are totally against Amotekun, the thought of offending their masters just scares them.

You see why I told you that you are an emotional baby.

How can you say that those who are living in a terrible state than you are your master?

Does that make any sense?
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by orisa37: 7:48am On Mar 17, 2020
AMOTEKUN IS NOW A COMMON UNDERSTANDING THAT THE POWERS OF SECURITY SAFETY AND SUCCESS PATENTLY RESIDE IN THE PEOPLE..
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:55am On Mar 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You see why I told you that you are an emotional baby.

How can people you claim are living in a terrible state than you be your master?

Does that make any sense?

You don't understand the country you live in, the north is generally feudal in nature, it's common knowledge, now check out the definition of feudalism and tell me it doesn't apply in the North.
Just try
Infact the whole south pays homage

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by orisa37: 8:04am On Mar 17, 2020
orisa37:
AMOTEKUN IS NOW A COMMON UNDERSTANDING THAT THE POWERS OF SECURITY SAFETY AND SUCCESS PATENTLY RESIDE IN THE PEOPLE..

DECENTRALIZING, THAT'S CONCURRENT OPERATIONAL USE OF THE EXCLUSIVE LIST BY ALL THE 37 LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENTS IN NIGERIA IS THE SOLUTION TO NIGERIAN UNITY.

FG MUST BE CONTENT WITH FEDERAL LIAISON GOVERNMENT TO BE RESPONSIBLE ONLY FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MILITARY AND TREATIES.
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Justiceleague1: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Out of all the tribes in Southern Nigeria, Yorubas have held powerful position more than any other group or tribe.
And what does that make you,a local champion,I guess.

But ain't it a shame,that you cannot stand and boldly claim such also over the north,the north that is backward in every way you wanna measure?
You are indeed so shameless

1 Like

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Justiceleague1: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Almost 60% of those travelling outside Nigeria have to pass through the south west

The largest project being constructed by this administration is currently in the South West (Lagos-ibadan Rail line)

CHAIII!!!!!!!!

GUY YOU BE OURE MALLAM,CHAI!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

I am very sure you are into cow business
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 8:24am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

You don't understand the country you live in, the north is generally feudal in nature, it's common knowledge, now check out the definition of feudalism and tell me it doesn't apply in the North.
Just try
So what of the politicians in the South west and South East controlling the destiny of their people.

Are they part or this feudal government?
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by gwafaeziokwu: 8:35am On Mar 17, 2020
I will sit this one out grin grin

The most difficult person to save is one who do not know he is in captivity.

1 Like

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:35am On Mar 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So what of the politicians in the South west and South East controlling the destiny of their people.

Are they part or this feudal government?

After taking their plates to Abuja to beg back their money?
You already know the answer to your questions
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Iamgrey5(m): 8:41am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

After taking their plates to Abuja to beg back their money?
You already know the answer to your questions
The last time I checked.

Money is allocated to every state in Nigeria without prejudice

Lawmakers share the national cake without prejudice.

If you are talking about a state capture by the Nigerian elite irrespective of Tribe, i would have given you a benefitb of the doubt.

But you seem more like an emotional ipob member to me from my conversation with you here.
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by RightChannel: 8:44am On Mar 17, 2020
Afonjas Are Slaves Already

1 Like

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2020
Oh not ipob!
Please dont be one of those dumb yorubas that mock people that are trying to escape their slavery because you are comfortable with yours.

Legislators and politicians in general represents the people, if the people don't complain, if the people do not realize they are slaves, politicians won't act, hence my joy at people like the prof who have decided not to die with Nigeria.

Don't worry, little by little one Nigerians like you would begin crying out. If you think you love Nigeria more than middlebelters, you would soon hear it.

Iamgrey5:
The last time I checked.

Money is allocated to every state in Nigeria without prejudice

Lawmakers share the national cake without prejudice.

If you are talking about a state capture by the Nigerian elite irrespective of Tribe, i would have given you a benefitb of the doubt.

But you seem more like an emotional ipob member to me from my conversation with you here.

1 Like

Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by orisa37: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2020
YORUBA TRADITIONAL RULERS, GOVERNORS AND OPC CAME TOGETHER TO GIVE US AMOTEKUN FOR SECURITY. THAT WAS MAJESTIC.
LET THEM COME TOGETHER AGAIN TO GIVE US
2, AMOTEKUN FOR ODUDUWA RESOURCES CONTROL AND
3, AMOTEKUN FOR ELECTIONS CONTROL TO CHOOSE AND ELECT WHO WE WANT TO REPRESENT US IN ALL FORA.
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 17, 2020
I believe, slavery doesn't need to be physical. It can be psychological. Yes, the west are psychologically enslaved to the North.
I am not being sentimental. It is a fact.
Re: Professor Banji Akintoye:"Yorubas Are Like Slaves In Nigeria" by gidgiddy: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:

That a slave is made head of a slave camp and allowed to lead every so often has not taken away the fact that he is still a slave

That a Yoruba man is president from time to time does not mean that the Yoruba nation is not enslaved

The reality on the ground is that the North has enslaved the South. Yorubas and everyone in the South have become slaves. The only difference is that while some people have become comfortable with their slave status, others are agitating against it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Yerima Says President Of Igbo Extraction Will Stabilize Nigeria / 11 Untranslatable Nigerian Slang Words We Need In English / What Igbos Need To Understand About Foreign Direct Investment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.