Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,175 members, 7,867,398 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Coronavirus: Trump Orders US Energy Dept To Fill Oil Reserves To Top - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coronavirus: Trump Orders US Energy Dept To Fill Oil Reserves To Top (656 Views)

Investors’ Exit, Others May Shrink Nigeria's External Reserves To $29.1bn – IMF / US To Release 50M Barrel Oil Reserves In Attempt To Lower Prices / Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Dropped By 543 Million Barrels - OPEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Trump Orders US Energy Dept To Fill Oil Reserves To Top by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2020
The US could begin purchasing US - produced crude oil for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in two weeks from now, and fill it in several months, an Energy Department source said on Monday .
President Donald Trump said on Friday that he had ordered the Energy Department to fill the reserve “ to the top” .
The move was aimed at helping domestic energy producers suffering from the plunge in oil prices brought about by the spread of coronavirus and a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia.
The Energy Department has said the reserve, which has a capacity of 713 million barrels, can take an additional 77 million barrels of crude .
It was unclear how the government would finance such a purchase.

The cost of 77 million barrels at Monday ’ s prices for WTI oil CLc 1 of fewer than 30 dollars a barrel would be nearly 2. 3 billion dollars .
Congress would likely have to pass a bill containing funding but it was uncertain how much money could be arranged through legislation .
Some lawmakers in the House of Representatives, which are controlled by Democrats, could seek measures to promote green energy as a compromise.
Still , the source was confident that things would move quickly.
“ Based on discussions with industry we are confident that this can be filled within several months, ” said the DOE source who spoke on condition of anonymity .
Trump, who is running for re- election in November, has been divided on the impact of low oil prices .
Last week he said in a tweet : “ Good for the consumer , gasoline prices coming down!”
But the oil price drop could also push many domestic crude producers into bankruptcy.

source: https://punchng.com/coronavirus-trump-orders-us-energy-dept-to-fill-oil-reserves-to-top/

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Orders US Energy Dept To Fill Oil Reserves To Top by Iyiataata92: 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
How does that affect the average Nigerian man?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Orders US Energy Dept To Fill Oil Reserves To Top by LOGOBELT: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
Oga ooo Recession is Looming!

Anyway, get ecommerce online store for dropshipping + free domain + SEO Manager for 2k. Check my Signature for contact

At least, Corona Virus or no Corona Virus, we go still chop
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Orders US Energy Dept To Fill Oil Reserves To Top by OfeAchi: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2020
cry
America plz buy Nigerian crude from their stock.
I need to get paid by my oil bosses.

I need my salary to invite my babe over from Jos.
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Orders US Energy Dept To Fill Oil Reserves To Top by internationalman(m): 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2020
OfeAchi:
cry
America plz buy Nigerian crude from their stock.
I need to get paid by my oil bosses.

I need my salary to invite my babe over from Jos.

Last last that your babe go branch see another guy before she carry her fairly used pvssy reach your side..

(1) (Reply)

Updated: Oil Prices Regain Some Ground But Still Very Low / Business Deal Offer / STEAM & GOOGLE Gift Card Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.