Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow (37095 Views)

New Zealand: Police Seize Cocaine Enough To Supply The Country For 30 Yrs / Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus / Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by 24SEVEN: 1:20am On Mar 17, 2020
Dunsin2020:
I have been doing that since I was born and I am fine, when I grew older I tried following your advice, but toilet paper was irritating my anus and causing infection, I use toilet paper now after using water to clean water left around the skin but not on the anus and I can use a paper towel to clean my hand after wash, when you begin to see that this westerners are not as bulletproof as you think the more you embrace and appreciate your culture

Yoruba people Sha, dirtiness is in your culture.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by gnykelly(m): 1:28am On Mar 17, 2020
ovadozes:
If this thing enters Nigeria, I swear it's going to be crazy. We may not be able to face it, countries with established health structure can't even contain it not to talk of our rotten healthcare system.
God save us.
What does it take to temporarily close our borders??

Nigeria government have shown great capability in early detection of contagious disease identify and isolate... your Almighty USA and UK don't even have scope of how to curtail or early detection... the current lockdown in the USA is not even enough to curtail it as there is still free movement inter and intra state without any detection for isolation...we got it right this time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by prettyprecy(f): 1:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Some of you talk like idiots! It’s not every thing your mind conceive that you have to speak out.
sexylassie2:
Many of you are walking corpses but you don't know.

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

In my office, We are all working from home till the virus is contained.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 17, 2020
Clean igbo man I see you abi which one you be, stupid ass licker
24SEVEN:

Yoruba people Sha, dirtiness is in your culture.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Dextre(m): 1:59am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

. Just imagine what this one is saying. Na u be walking corpse, damn u are already walking home,safe to say you are practising your walking zombie steps

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Jaspernubi: 2:06am On Mar 17, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Totilopussylick(m): 2:07am On Mar 17, 2020
But our border is being closed even before the yeye virus begins worrying shocked
tysonnn:
Yet our fvcking government refuse to close our border.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Jaspernubi: 2:08am On Mar 17, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by CanadaOrBust: 2:28am On Mar 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

actually RUSSIA is the safest place to be right now (they have very little cases in Europe). Nigeria/Africa is just a time bomb since anyone can come and go as they please.

Time bomb ko, time bimbo no. Anything that will happen would have happend by now. We did exactly what Italy did but unfortunately for them they don’t have our weather, traditional diet, and hot sun!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Divine200: 2:48am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Shut up there.

Do you think your country care about you.

The world are closing their borders while your country border is still open accepting foreigners from corona prone countries and you think in your head that people aren't infected already.

Those that got in close contact with the Italian, do you think, they were able to trace all.

As a wise one said

Prevention is better than cure

Only a fool won't take precautions now
Will you keep shut
Always so negative
Is your family that is a walking corpse
Ode

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Alanpoza007: 2:49am On Mar 17, 2020
Dunsin2020:
Clean igbo man I see you abi which one you be, stupid ass licker
Don't mind the idiot. That's why their city Aba is one huge refuse dump. So much for cleanliness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 17, 2020
May God save us His children.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:50am On Mar 17, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Time bomb ko, time bimbo no. Anything that will happen would have happend by now. We did exactly what Italy did but unfortunately for them they don’t have our weather and hot sun!

i will just paste something someone wrote a few days ago on the subject:

GraGra247:
Corona Virus is in Africa already.

There's simply no laboratory anywhere in Nigeria that has test kits to identify it.

People just test positive to fever and receive normal malaria drugs and when anyone dies, its counted as malaria or cough related death.

Prove me wrong: Go to any laboratory as at today and ask for tests for Corona Virus.
GraGra247:
Bros did you even read what I wrote. How can you confirm something is available without test kits. How many people have been tested as at today.

Hospitals are jam-packed with patients that have symptoms like fever, cough, flu, cold, how do you identify if these symptoms are of Covid 19 without running tests for it. How can you run such tests when none of these hospitals have test kits.

I give you an assignment. Visit at least 5 hospitals and labs around your neighborhood and ask them for the type of tests they run for Corona Virus.

You will be amazed. I have done this already.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by CanadaOrBust: 2:51am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

Alarmist nonsense.
Thank God for our warm humid weather and hot sun. It has been SCIENTIFICALLY proven that corona (like the flu) does not survive long in WARM, HUMID places and that it deteriorates in SUNLIGHT. Add to that our traditional DIET and the immune boosting VITAMIN D from our HOT SUN and our advantages from dealing with malaria and you’ll see corona doesn’t stand much of a chance here. Also our relative poverty also works in our favor.
(I add “poverty” because too much air conditioning and corona will spread indoors, inside hospitals and such!)
Let’s also note that winter ended in China in February and temperatures have been rapidly rising.)

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by CanadaOrBust: 2:57am On Mar 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i will just paste something someone wrote a few days ago on the subject:

So how come the Italian guy was identified. Also if corona is just a mild cold in Nigeria, why worry about it?
But really, same reason flu is not in Nigeria but kills 40,000 yearly in US, is same reason corona is minimal in tropical Africa

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Soar2019: 3:01am On Mar 17, 2020
* Only Nigeria will open border for anyone .. South Africa cancelled 10,000 visas for chinese, Iran and any nation that can could bring disease to their country
* Japan closed schools Canada is ready to pay the rent if their citizen ..every country is alert ..but here we are in Nigeria, we still patronize Chinese restaurant as if their bread is baked from heaven ..
* it started in China, now Italy, Spain and US... we don’t know where next it will go but I hope not Africa otherwise .. you know the result
* whoever has Buhari’s contact kindly tell him to SHUT BORDERS at least for the next 30days

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:09am On Mar 17, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
So how come the Italian guy was identified.

thats also what i said, but sadly, away from the airport, there is supposedly no way for anyone to diagnose an infected person probably....and you could do the test by yourself today....just walk into any Hospital in Nigeria and ask if they have COVID-19 test kit... as gragra247 mentionned

Also if corona is just a mild cold in Nigeria, why worry about it. But really, same reason flu is not in Nigeria but kills 40,000 yearly in US, is same reason corona is minimal in tropical Africa

but, isnt it malaria that kills 300K people per year in Nigeria with similar symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough etc) as coronavirus?! isnt it possible that much more people are dying of covid-19 but people misdiagnose it as malaria?

...just trying to ask the right questions here.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by semyman: 3:26am On Mar 17, 2020
Wailers, what sayeth thou?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Bankole98: 3:28am On Mar 17, 2020
God of mercy
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Sterope(f): 3:48am On Mar 17, 2020
Cetona, how are you coping?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by CSTR2: 3:53am On Mar 17, 2020
Nigerian border is closed to rice but open to corona.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by kellyjc(m): 3:55am On Mar 17, 2020
Please help,no amount is small. 00.74.80.77.24. Diamond bank thanks and God bless
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by vioment: 4:02am On Mar 17, 2020
We were all laughing and ridiculing China, but she is the leader of nations in this contagion.

Africa is not even prepared, believing that the sun will protect her. When the customized one arrive now, it will be confusion and begging from other nations. Smh.
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by CanadaOrBust: 4:22am On Mar 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

thats also what i said, but sadly, away from the airport, there is supposedly no way for anyone to diagnose an infected person probably....and you could do the test by yourself today....just walk into any Hospital in Nigeria and ask if they have COVID-19 test kit... as gragra247 mentionned

but, isnt it malaria that kills 300K people per year in Nigeria with similar symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough etc) as coronavirus?! isnt it possible that much more people are dying of covid-19 but people misdiagnose it as malaria?

Well the Italian guy’s diagnosis had nothing to do with the airport. He was reported by the factory in Ogun when he got sick.

B4 u test for corona u must first eliminate malaria, then other respiratory ailments, then look at the person’s itinerary. Otherwise you’d be wasting time and effort as virtually no Nigerian has corona.
Believe me it is not easy to miss corona.
Other places have also dealt with this theory. See below

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:48am On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:
Just look at fear and panic reeking all over this thread and forum... It's kinda amusing!!! grin

Even the ones who always claim to be "Alpha" males and females are quaking in their boots!!!

One of them even had the gall to term her fellow countrymen "walking corpses"!!! Just negodu!!!

Not one person so far has the brain or presence of mind to calmly point out possibilities of breaking the infection chain... Can you all see why this world is currently in chaos??! Just the slightest thing, everyone loses his sh*t!!! Pathetic!!!
you are absolutely correct
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by marylandcakes: 5:02am On Mar 17, 2020
I still believe cov19 is a lab experiment gone wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Dizzyrascal(m): 5:10am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Shut up there.

Do you think your country care about you.

The world are closing their borders while your country border is still open accepting foreigners from corona prone countries and you think in your head that people aren't infected already.

Those that got in close contact with the Italian, do you think, they were able to trace all.

As a wise one said

Prevention is better than cure

Only a fool won't take precautions now
you have a point, only that the manner of detailing the point is faulty. I have thought about it severally myself and still can't understand why we don't have an emergency just yet.

Most Nigerians can't even stay one week at home without running out of basic essentials and most importantly, funds. Even the method that the world is using to fight this(i.e., lockdown), is not sustainable in the long run unless a cure or a vaccine is found.

I guess for now the best thing to do is to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 17, 2020
Buhari should close our borders biko!
What is he still waiting for? No one comes in again....if you go out, don't bother coming back until after 90 days undecided
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Dizzyrascal(m): 5:18am On Mar 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

food for thought
Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by NdiaraIGBO: 5:22am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

Oloriburuku oloripelebe!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: EU's Borders Will Close For 30 Days From Noon Tomorrow by Keemsleek005(m): 5:29am On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Lagos is the new Wuhan.

Sorry to say, why do you people just talk anyhow? Are you praying for such to happen? Or u just another across the region hater?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trump Vs. Iran: It's Not Over (Analysis) / Jon Ossoff Thanks Nigerians In Geogia For Their Role In His Election Victory / Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.