Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts (24995 Views)

DSS Summons Ishaq Akintola Over Allegations Against Seyi Makinde, MURIC Reacts / MURIC Reacts To Attempt To Bomb Living Faith Church, Mocks CAN / MURIC Reacts To Kidnap Of 5 RCCG Pastors, Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by foreshore(m): 10:42am On Mar 17, 2020
fergie001:
PRESS RELEASE:
FIND URGENT SOLUTIONS TO PIPELINE EXPLOSIONS - MURIC

“The incidence of pipeline explosions in Lagos has become perennial. Lagosians are dying daily in their hundreds from constant pipeline explosions. Properties worth billions of naira are lost to deafening explosions and uncontrollable conflagrations.

“The long history of pipeline explosions and its regimented repetition make it mandatory on both FG and the NASS to find an urgent solution to it. We call attention to the status of Lagos as Nigeria’s commercial nerve centre. This can drive away foreign investors who are already established in Lagos as well as discourage prospective foreign investors. Nobody wants to sink money in an endangered zone.

“The list of explosions and their frequency in Lagos are frightening. More than 300 people were killed in Abule Egba when a pipeline exploded during vandalisation on 26th December, 2006. A bulldozer which struck an oil pipeline caused another huge conflagration that led to about 100 deaths in Ijegun on 15th May, 2008. Fifteen houses and 20 vehicles were destroyed.

“Another oil pipeline vandalisation mishap killed several people in Abule Egba on 30th June, 2009. Baruwa area of Alimosho had its own taste of large scale death and destruction due to the same reason on 5th December, 2019. Many people were killed. Again on 19th January, 2020, five fatalities were reported and several properties destroyed when oil pipeline vandals caused another explosion in Ekoro area of Abule Egba.

“The latest explosion at Abule Ado on Sunday, 16th March 2020 in which 15 people were killed while 50 houses were destroyed is one calamity too many. This carnage must stop.

“MURIC appeals to FG to take drastic actions against pipeline vandals. We suggest the creation of an anti-vandalisation unit in any of the security agencies similar to the anti-terrorism and anti-kidnapping units already in existence.

“Our message to Lagos lawmakers in the NASS is this: How many Lagos lawmakers have deemed it fit to visit the scene of the latest fire incident? Who is going to comfort the victims? Where will they sleep? How will they feed? Kudos to Lagos State government for doling out N2 billion for immediate relief but where are the people’s representatives at the federal level?

“Why is Nero dancing while Rome is burning? Your constituency is burning while you stand akimbo. We want to hear your voices on the floors of the Red and Green chambers. You must speak up for Lagos. You are not there for yourselves but for Lagosians. Cry out loud until the mountains, the hills and the valleys echo your voices. Lagos must not burn down.

“Nobody should tell us it cannot happen. London was almost completely razed down by a fire which burned for five whole days from 2nd September to 6th September, 1666. The fire started in the King’s bakery in Pudding Lane, near London Bridge. It destroyed four-fifth of the whole city. 13,000 houses went down and King Charles II had hundreds of thousands of homeless people on his hands. This must not be allowed to happen in Lagos. It will be the worst humanitarian disaster in Africa for decades.

“We charge residents to give information about oil pipeline vandals to security operatives. Every citizen must be a self-appointed policeman because security is every man’s business. The dogma in security circles is ‘Keep quiet and lose everything, including your life’.

“We warn oil pipeline vandals against excessive drive for materialism. Greed leads to self-destruction. The Glorious Qur’an urges men to stop running after money and properties. The Qur’an asks rhetorically whether man thinks that money can make him live forever (104:1 – 3). Even the Bible advocates self-satisfaction and reliance on God: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will wear…’ (Mathew 6:25).

“Finally, we appeal to FG for a special relief package for victims of Sunday’s disaster. The Lagos State government has graciously released N2 billion as an initial relief fund. As the father of all, Lagosians are waiting for FG’s special intervention.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/03/find-urgent-solutions-to-pipeline.html?m=1

Noise maker and attention seeker
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Antoeni(m): 10:44am On Mar 17, 2020
The IGBOs Feels the Pipeline Explosion was Targeted at Them
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by SlimOpsy(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2020
Bad administration and leadership, is the problem this country is having.
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by OhiOfIhima: 10:45am On Mar 17, 2020
sodiqapril:
This man might be actually intelligent, I mean he talks sense when he wishes to but something is wrong somewhere in his brain which he hasn't figured out next week he go soon yarn okoto. I just read the speech again, he mentioned London, bitch London never got burnt because of government and technical carelessness, get your facts right man. The Letter is quite unnecessary though, you know them all go to their various offices and say it to their faces...

He always making sense, maybe some of his recent post was to defend the right of Muslims which make some part see him as an enemy. Dr. Is a great philanthropist!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Treasure17(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Fair and reasonable points to some extent but I don't see reason why the federal government have to create another security agencies mainly for pipeline vandalism cause we have NSCDC and one of their responsibilities is to protect pipelines.
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by elmodee7(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2020
StrikeBack:
embarassed mumuric

Ur madness has advanced to the next level. Pigs from brafia .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by OhiOfIhima: 10:47am On Mar 17, 2020
Antoeni:
The IGBOs Feels the Pipeline Explosion was Targeted at Them

Any proof Mr... Stop this misinformation, it wouldn't help..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by bjgurl(f): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2020
Me makes sense though buh not comparison with London, how far now
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by StrikeBack(m): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2020
youngbravian:

Ode, do you read at all?
mumuric pressing your mum button..

Nothing good can come out from mumuric
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by OhiOfIhima: 10:49am On Mar 17, 2020
Treasure17:
Fair and reasonable points to some extent but I don't see reason why the federal government have to create another security agencies mainly for pipeline vandalism cause we have NSCDC and one of their responsibilities is to protect pipelines.

Sorry, is it anywhere in the article where he mentioned of another security outfit? Already, we have Civil defence.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by elmodee7(m): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2020
StrikeBack:
embarassed mumuric

Ur madness has advanced to the next level. Pigs from brafia .
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by easiest(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2020
sodiqapril:
This man might be actually intelligent, I mean he talks sense when he wishes to but something is wrong somewhere in his brain which he hasn't figured out next week he go soon yarn okoto. I just read the speech again, he mentioned London, bitch London never got burnt because of government and technical carelessness, get your facts right man. The Letter is quite unnecessary though, you know them all go to their various offices and say it to their faces...

I suggest you come up with your own writeup since you get a fact, that will be better instead of finding fault with thus beautiful article �

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by friday2011(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2020
adebayo201:
This muric chairman should have been an activist.

He is.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Treasure17(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2020
OhiOfIhima:

Sorry, is it anywhere in the article where he mentioned of another security outfit? Already, we have Civil defence.
It was written there where he said the government should create anti vandalism unit within the security agencies just like anti terrorism unit.
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Starboytwo(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2020
I will read the article, since everyone is saying he makes sense, I wanna see the Sense... Cuz anything muric I personally do not like
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by olasaad(f): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2020
tot:

Imagine comparing Lagos in 2020 to London in 1666.
Nigeria simply has an irresponsible government. Who gave planning permission for houses built in such locations? Who?

Besides, must it always be negative things we deem fit to measure ourselves with developed countries?

As you they ask the person is still giving the permission to another person right now in his/her office. The root of this problem is the so called Town planning and the Ministry of Environment. Until this two agencies wake up, this problem will never cease

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Burukutuhari: 11:03am On Mar 17, 2020
Mumuric afonja. Sunni or Shiite which one U belong to b/4 I support U
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by murmee: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2020
My observation is that Town Planning units are almost non existent in major towns in Nigeria except Abuja.

Houses built in that Abule Ado disaster zone are so close to each other that one can practically shake hands from one window of one house to another.

Who authorized buildings so close to the pipelines. Why would a boarding school be built almost on top of pipeline. So many questions. I am tired!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Onlyonebuhari: 11:08am On Mar 17, 2020
Sege2001:
Attention seeker.
Live by its name....mumu

You are a real slowpoke, read before disgracing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Soul47(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2020
"Why is Nero dancing while Rome is burning?"...

Now that's deep.
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Jabioro: 11:09am On Mar 17, 2020
He spoken sense here ,I won't mind given him two bottles of Heniken in the evening..The stupid akimbo is reading it ...
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Meteng: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2020
SweetOlive:
Man always have someNOthing to say.
You are beautiful!
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2020
Buratai warned that his boko boys are all over Lagos and we think he's joking. Now they've devices smart ways of bombings to create mayhem and make it look like an accident. We are really in deep shit

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by tutudesz: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2020
Alajiki:
What MURIC has said above is the entire truth. What are the federal lawmakers from those areas doing? Why haven't there been a mention of this on the floor of the either chambers?

Y'all spewing gibberish about MURIC, my advice for you is: you can hate the messenger but please don't hate the message. MURIC, by this message may be saving the lives of even your own relatives.
We should stop this double standard treatment in Nigeria!! The likes of MURIC and others released different press statement when Niger Delta leaders, Governor's and Law Makers demanded for a increase in 13% allocation from Oil revenue. This sad event happens regularly in Oil producing Communities and Nigerians never give such attention to them.
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by tutudesz: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2020
ubecharles:
Buratai warned that his boko boys are all over Lagos and we think he's joking. Now they've devices smart ways of bombings to create mayhem and make it look like an accident. We are really in deep shit
You and FFK need to check your heads!!
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Reference(m): 11:23am On Mar 17, 2020
tot:

Imagine comparing Lagos in 2020 to London in 1666.
Nigeria simply has an irresponsible government. Who gave planning permission for houses built in such locations? Who?

Besides, must it always be negative things we deem fit to measure ourselves with developed countries?

Lagos 2020, London 1666, abeg what is the difference. What makes nations different, the buildings, roads, cars, etc...or the people and the way they live, the way their society is organised... I am certain the life expectancy of a Londoner in 1666 and a Lagosian in 2020 are similar.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by BanevsJoker(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2020
sodiqapril:
That's not his handwriting pls. Someone else wrote that.
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by tot(f): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2020
Reference:

Lagos 2020, London 1666, abeg what is the difference. What makes nations different, the buildings, roads, cars, etc...or the people and the way they live, the way their society is organised... I am certain the life expectancy of a Londoner in 1666 and a Lagosian in 2020 are similar.

The fact that you can ask what is the difference shows you and Mr Muric are in the same boat. Good luck to you both and those that want to stay 3 centuries behind. The rest of the world has moved on.
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by Ladiesdoctor(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2020
MURIC has now became the federal government mouth piece.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by RichBoy247: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Nice one from muric

But unfortunately it's not a gas explosion

And it will happen again even sooner than you think

The reality is that we are at war

Olori pelebe, who are you at war with?
Re: Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts by chinchonglee(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2020
sodiqapril:
he isnt inyelligent cos no pipeline exploded here..

it was gas.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Personnel Exchange Blows During Buhari’s Visit To Kaduna / EFCC Hands Over Amosu’s $2.15m Hospital To Air Force / Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.