Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

Milk Of Kindness: Councillor Provides Shelter For Blind Man In Akwa Ibom State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Milk Of Kindness: Councillor Provides Shelter For Blind Man In Akwa Ibom State (262 Views)

Obaseki Unveils Shelter For Libya Returnees / Councillor Disappears With 30 Bags Of Rice, Beans, Millet In Niger State / Abdulwahab Shi, Councillor Burnt To Death As Car Catches Fire: #APC Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Milk Of Kindness: Councillor Provides Shelter For Blind Man In Akwa Ibom State by Emelcee: 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
~By Mfreke Udonkang

Rays of sunshine has beamed on the family of Mr Ekerette Udo Ebong of Ikot Akpa Edet, of Ndiya as the Honourable councillor representing ward 8 in Ikono Local Government Council, Hon. Aniekan Asuquo Akpan popularly known as "Pele" on Monday, laid a foundation of a 4-bedroom apartment for Mr Ekerette’s Family. Mr Eterette has sight impairment and is taken care of by his immediate family.

Mr Ekerette disclosed that he was a welder until his sight began malfunctioning and eventually got damaged completely, making him homebound for 20 years. He could not hold back tears of joy as he threw encomium on the councillor and the People's Democratic Party (PDP) for giving Hon. Aniekan the platform to serve his people. He described himself as a major beneficiary of the councillor's milk of kindness.

"The councillor saw that my house was almost collapsing and we didn't have another place to live, so he decided to build this house for me and my family. I did not expect that I will ever live in a block house, I pray that God should protect him and his family, replenish his funds expended on this project; he will find favour before God and men in everything he touches to do". Mr Ekerette implored.

Speaking with Akwaibom Daily reporter, Mr. Udeme Ekerette, the eldest son of the beneficiary with ecstasy expressed his gratitude to the honourable councillor for his graciousness and benevolence. He extended his appreciation to the member representing Ikono/Ini Federal House Constituency, Hon. (Obong) Emmanuel Ukpong-udo, who supported Hon. Aniekan Asuquo councillorship’s candidacy, praying God's blessings in their lives.

The honourable councillor said he decided to provide a shelter for Mr Ekerette as a fulfilment to the promise he made the day he first saw the worrisome, despicable and unhealthy state of the family’s Shelter. He revealed that his motivation came from his political mentor Hon. Ukpong-udo who he described as a philanthropist, always being charitable to the needy. While promising the completion of the building in three months, Hon. Aniekan pledged his commitment to his selfless service and delivery for his people.

He however noted that it was not only shelter that Mr Ekerette needed, hence calling on good spirited people to come to his aid, as he also need good healthcare, good food and other necessities of life.

https://akwaibomdaily.com.ng/13760-2/

Re: Milk Of Kindness: Councillor Provides Shelter For Blind Man In Akwa Ibom State by Emelcee: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
Effective representation

Re: Milk Of Kindness: Councillor Provides Shelter For Blind Man In Akwa Ibom State by Emelcee: 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
If all councillors are like this

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO :"Nigeria Is Not Working And The Country Is Not Livable " - Amos Akingba / Fuel Scarcity Looms / Buhari Shuts Down Lagos, Abuja And Ogun For 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.