Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,170 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Lagos State Govt Paying Lip Service To Private Land/housing Ownership - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos State Govt Paying Lip Service To Private Land/housing Ownership (147 Views)

Report: Tinubu’s Minister, Betta Edu Divert Public Funds To Private Account / FCID Invites Lagos Land & Housing Perm Sec Over Land Grabbing Allegations / How To Activate Airtel 4G LTE Service To Enjoy Superfast Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Govt Paying Lip Service To Private Land/housing Ownership by fekon: 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dear All (Including Lagos State Govt)
Greetings to everyone. I am constrained to write this piece as a result of Lagos State Government attitude of paying lip service to HOUSING FOR ALL SLOGAN. It is disheartening that Government that should be in the fore front of encouraging individuals to own land/build their own house/private business outlet without putting pressure on government for housing needs are the ones actually discouraging private ownership of land/house/business outlet. I am raising these issues as a result of so many people that i know personally that acquired land in Ikorodu and other places in Lagos with their life savings and loans and have complained bitterly about the difficulties in getting approved documents/registration of their properties in Lagos State Land ministry and Lagos state town planning ministry/commission. The major complains are that their properties fall under Lagos State government acquisition land. Despite property/land owners willingness to pay without bribe for all that is required to get this document approved, many of us have gotten frustrated to the extent that intended business outlet project embarked upon have been abandoned as a result of non approval. Personally i and 2 of my friends have abandoned a business project that if completed would have employed not less than 20 employees at a start, but with this unfriendly policy we cannot go further to commit huge amount to this project which at the end may be marked for demolition. My take is that Lagos State Government should encourage the aforesaid individuals/entrepreneurs just as it was done by Ogun state Government recently by way of regularization of properties owned by individuals. It is also a way of generating revenue for the Government. Please, the Government should wake up to his responsibilities by providing enabling environment for private growth/development and not paying lip service for the aforesaid.please share your experience if you have been facing same challenges and lets voice our concern to Lagos State Government to resolve these issues once and for all.....thanks....Felix Okon
Re: Lagos State Govt Paying Lip Service To Private Land/housing Ownership by cutelivia: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2021
Pls who ever can see this message. Pls how can I send a message in nairaland? It's been long I logged into my nairaland acct. Your prompt response will be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Impressive Reasons To Explore Yarra Valley Private Winery Tours In This Lifetime / Intestinal Problems With Body Massage In Delhi / Nigeria Denmark Economic Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.