Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe (1136 Views)

Pls I Need Advice, Dealer In Europe Refused To Deliver My Trucks After Payment / Some Of The Biggest Cars And SUVs Debut At The 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show / Meet SOFIA, World's Biggest Flying Observatory With A Flight Cost Of N35.9M/Hr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by greatstephenho(m): 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Volkswagen is preparing to suspend production across Europe as the continent struggles to contain the coronavirus pandemic.

The German carmaking giant said Tuesday that production at its plants in Spain, Setubal in Portugal and Bratislava in Slovakia will be halted before the end of the week. Factories in Italy that make Lamborghini super cars and Ducati motorcycles will also be idled.

The company said factories producing Volkswagen branded cars would shut down starting late on Thursday. That includes the company's huge plant at Wolfsburg, one of the biggest manufacturing sites in the world.

Volkswagen, which also owns brands including Skoda, Audi, Porsche and Bugatti, delivered 10.8 million vehicles to customers in 2019, more than any other carmaker. Roughly 44% of the group's 668,000 employees live in Germany, where the company is a leading force in the country's huge manufacturing sector.

It's the latest automaker in Europe to close plants as a result of the coronavirus. Fiat Chrysler (FCAU), Peugeot owner PSA Group (PUGOY) and Renault (RNLSY) on Monday announced the closure of 35 manufacturing facilities in total across Europe as regional and national authorities imposed severe restrictions on travel and public life. Together, the three companies sold roughly 12 million cars last year.

Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by cRobo: 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
Geez my Golf 4 is in trouble

I won't say a word
Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
Wow! shocked Employees across the globe should prepare for mass sack as the economy wobbles in the coming days. I spoke with our south American partner today. He said they were asked to be working from home but here in Nigeria, our government lets loose our borders still allowing foreigners into the country.
Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by OfeAchi: 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
Great News. Now is the time for Innoson to market his state of the art vehicles
Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by Jmk9292(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
The impact would be really felt.....
Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by kiddkash(m): 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2020
this is a plague going through the world right now.
the righteous will be saved
Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
The world is in lockdown. Where are those ignorant ones who have been trying assiduously to downplay the seriousness of the pandemic?
Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by greatstephenho(m): 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
cRobo:
Geez my Golf 4 is in trouble

I won't say a word
just manage ur car well, spare parts price increead
Re: The World's Biggest Carmaker Is Shutting Down In Europe by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 18, 2020
na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Toks 09/010 Toyota Rav4 With V6 Engine And 3rd Row Seats @ 3.8m sold! Sold!! So! / Fresh 2012 Sienna Selling Cheap / 2014 Toyota Avalon For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.