Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,662 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Why Should We Not Talk? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Should We Not Talk? (156 Views)

My Eyes Have Seen What My Mouth Can Not Talk / Do Not Talk While Eating Or Do Not Talk While Chewing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should We Not Talk? by Adejoncy01(m): 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
If I am not suffering from amnesia and my knowledge of history serves me right, this year, Nigeria will be exactly sixty years old. Yes, you heard me! But the question is, what do the country has to show for it? Absolutely nothing! Unless you are expecting me to mention; epileptic/no power supply, poor/no health care system, insecurity, misappropriation of public funds among others as what Nigeria had achieved at sixty.

It is not really certain who should shoulder the blame for the situation the country found itself today, nevertheless, one cannot but agree with me that the large portion of the blame goes to the leaders from time immemorial. The Nigerian leaders lackadaisical attitude towards good governance is second to none. But how long are we going to watch?

I live in a country where the law is for the common man, elite are obviously above the law. The common man is a foreigner on his/her own land. His/her dream is batterd by government reckless policies. The ordinary citizens cannot sleep with their two eye closed. People keep languishing in pain.

Despite all these turmoil, we are still asked not to talk. Not to hold these supposed leaders accountable for their own actions and inactions. Not to objectively criticize them to do the needful, for the fear of the unknown. We are afraid of death when we are really not living. Tell me, why should we not talk? Why afraid of death when not living?

The bottom line is, your enemy is not that your friend on the other divide, but our leaders, they are our common enemies. Let's hold every one of them accountable, from the councillorship to presidency level. Together, we can install effective leadership!

Source; www.adejohspeaks.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Uses Of Customised UTE Toolbox / Nigeria New Zealand Economic Forum / Relieves Psycho-physical Tension With Full Body Massage In Delhi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.