Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

How My Uncle Stopped Smoking - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Uncle Stopped Smoking (428 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by Omnivalent(m): 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
It all happened about 19 years ago when i was with my uncle at ibadan. My uncle had a wife who newly gave birth then, and i was asked to be with them, so as to baby sit the child. On getting there, my aunty told me that my uncle's attitude changed immidiately she became pregnant. He started keeping girlfriends of which one was 3 houses away from ours. He kept late nights, which went longer than normal one day that my aunt and i were in great panic for hours. As soon as it was 11:00pm my aunt told me to go and sleep that if my uncle came back that i shouldn't open the door for him. So, we both went to bed. About few moments later, we got awoken by his car, looking at the time, it was past 1:00am. He banged the door for some time but no one responed and after which we heard his car jerk to life and he zoomed off. The next day, he didn't talk to any one including me. My uncle also drinks but not as much as he smokes. He was a heavy smoker. My aunty always tell him that he doesn't like men who smokes but he wouldn't listen. My aunty used to say he married him because he was decent, yet he didn't listen. Her warning kepting ringing for days... not until one day.
It was on a cool evening like this and i was with aunty at the balcony, that was how uncle called "Elijah", Ah... i ran to him in the sitting room. "go and buy me a packet of benson"
he gave me money and i went. When i came back, I gave it to him. He lit it up and started dragging in, and puffing. My aunty on seeing this, gave me the little baby and went inside. She went to the packet of cigarrette, brought out one, snatched the match box from her husband, lit it, took a drag and puffed. My uncle was astonished, he didn't believe what he saw at first. My aunty took out another, lit it up with the one in her mouth. Smoked the first one till it got finnished, started the second, finished it, brought out the third lit it and was about finishing it... while my uncle was still in his number one.
On seeing this, my uncle dusted his cigarrette, turned it off, squeezed the pack and screamed...
Elijah, go and throw it away.
Little did my uncle know that my aunty whom he thought was a gentle and calm woman, was a hardened smoker while she was in boarding school.
Ever since then, my uncle quited smoking.
He change drastically.
My uncle that 11pm used to be his closing hours... to our greatest suprise 2pm became his closing hour.
Althrough that week till i left their apartment, my uncle became the man who my aunt said she fell in love with.
Did she do the right thing?
Do you think her strategy was ok?
*Please don't read without saying something...
Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by emae009(m): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2020
then he wasn't a heavy smoker...

1 Like

Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by Omnivalent(m): 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2020
id4sho . . the other version.
Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by Omnivalent(m): 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
emae009:
then he wasn't a heavy smoker...
so you mean, a heavy smoker wouldn't mind if his wife smokes?
Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by emae009(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
Omnivalent:

so you mean, a heavy smoker wouldn't mind if his wife smokes?

he would've gone out and bought more packs of cigarettes... breaking off smoking addiction is very very hard

1 Like

Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by Tonnexy: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
Your uncle is a simp

1 Like

Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by estyvino(m): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
Your uncle is a passive smoker

Your aunt tho, she has more character hidden. She could be a lesbian too cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by Omnivalent(m): 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
estyvino:
Your uncle is a passive smoker

Your aunt tho, she has more character hidden. She could be a lesbian too cheesy cheesy

who knows!
i swear, seeing her smoking then scared the hell out of me.
she was the first lady i saw smoking.
Re: How My Uncle Stopped Smoking by crackkhaus: 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
Omnivalent:

Did she do the right thing?
Do you think her strategy was ok?
*Please don't read without saying something...
This here is a perfect scenario which gives credence to that popular saying,
The end justifies the means...

It worked, and that's what matters...

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mother Makes Her Family Dress Up For 'Church Service' In Their Home (video) / Coronavirus: Don't Pay House Rents For Months, Landlord Tells Tenants / Mothers love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.