Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? (2999 Views)

In Need Of This Door Rubber Weather Seal For 06/07 Accord. / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser / Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by legalwealth(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
Sometimes, the seal of ones car's AC compressor could go bad whilethe compressor is still good. The effect of a bad seal will make one to be frequently topping up the gas of ones AC and the compressor will as well be getting hotter than normal.

To fix this, the compressor will need to be removed and its seal replaced.
But the problem is actually with replacing with the seal that will work for long time. Going for aftermarket seal could end up costing one much
time and money in the long run, which is the reason I do recommend one replaces with OEM seal.

Getting OEM seal for ones car's AC compressor in ones locality could be tasking, that ones only option would be importing it. Best solution is for
one to get another compressor either brand new or used to if one could afford the option.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/should-i-buy-seal-for-my-cars-ac-compressor-or-buy-another-compressor.94

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
I recently changed my compressor seal and has been enjoying it.

Unlike before, I fill gas every 2 months and d cooling start dropping from one week of fill

Spent 12k for everything

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by legalwealth(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
I recently changed my compressor seal and has been enjoying it.

Unlike before, I fill gas every 2 months and d cooling start dropping from one week of fill

Spent 12k for everything

Great to know! !!

Hope you replaced it with quality one else you might need to keep changing it pretty soon till
you get fed up and compulsorily get another compressor.
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by legalwealth(m): 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
Do not plan replacing with any seal before replacing it with OEM seal.

That is, if you must replace with OEM seal, do that from beginning.
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by legalwealth(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2020
Take note
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
Wonder if you know what a compressor even looks like.
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by legalwealth(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
OEM AC compressors could easily be gotten from stores in abroad.
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by legalwealth(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2020
cool
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by legalwealth(m): 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
wink
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by alphabbey1(m): 6:43am On Dec 10, 2021
So ac compressor seal can be replaced. Once these naija kazeems see oil on compressor seal, they tell you seal is bad and try all there possible best in convincing your soul to change to there manual compressor
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by slimmoney(m): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2021
currently battling with same issue, don't know whether to replace compressor or replace shaft seal, one kazeem told me replacing shaft seal is 50/50.
alphabbey1:
So ac compressor seal can be replaced. Once these naija kazeems see oil on compressor seal, they tell you seal is bad and try all there possible best in convincing your soul to change to there manual compressor
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by Peppermintflav: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
If you can see original seal no problem. It will last.
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by alphabbey1(m): 2:29am On Dec 11, 2021
slimmoney:
currently battling with same issue, don't know whether to replace compressor or replace shaft seal, one kazeem told me replacing shaft seal is 50/50.
kazeems and trial and error are 5&6.... no proper diagnosis... If you take the car to Elizade now, those ones will first collect 10k for full diagnostic alone.... once kazeem tell you 50/50, they're just gonna collect 20k from u and do a 3k job then when issue persist, they remind you of there 50/50 prediction.... purchase the seal yourself, get the OEM seal from outside the country.... Dru23 does that
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by dru23(m): 7:46am On Dec 11, 2021
alphabbey1:
kazeems and trial and error are 5&6.... no proper diagnosis... If you take the car to Elizade now, those ones will first collect 10k for full diagnostic alone.... once kazeem tell you 50/50, they're just gonna collect 20k from u and do a 3k job then when issue persist, they remind you of there 50/50 prediction.... purchase the seal yourself, get the OEM seal from outside the country.... Dru23 does that

Thank you sir ... We appreciate you recommending us . we raise by lifting others... Next loading should be early January 2022 .. God willing. And the young man can contact me to place his order.. We thank you once again
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by sultaan(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2021
probably replace the oring
Re: Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? by ono(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2021
Sorry for derailing your thread, Sir. But I need help to get a good Toyota 2GR-FE Engine for my 07 V6 Limited RAV4. Anyone in the house know where I can get a good one in PHC or Lagos? I want to replace the one in the vehicle. How much can I get a good one for?

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? / 2009 Corolla Tranny Issue......Solved / 3 Types Of Car Painting: Pros And Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.