Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension (26138 Views)

My Take On 5% Telecommunications Excise Duty Suspension Approval By Woye / Presidential Aspirant Gives PDP 48 Hours To Drop Atiku, Calls For Fresh Primarie / Reverend Mbaka Blasts Atiku, Calls Him Bureau De Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Mbitiouz69: 8:12am On Mar 18, 2020
estyvino:
But Atiku mostly tweet, can i trust this source?

He retweeted it
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Molutex(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2020
That one no get hear. Aside that this buhari don't have the interest of the state at heart hw he close border against rice smuggling. But can't close it against dis virus from the pit of hell. I wish iam american, Donald trump I Hail thee you are a patrotic leader
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Mistaicey2288: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2020
caprini1:
Even in Canada,house rents are deffered with two months,just to assist the masses ,but here its how to kill the masses,that the govt.is after.

Just imagine.. Very useless Government we have in Naija.
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 18, 2020
GOFRONT:
I'm only looking for Manna d Griller...

He and his co -"patriots" are satisfied with their darling daddy.....suffering and lying
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by caprini1: 8:17am On Mar 18, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Just imagine.. Very useless Government we have in Naija.
In case you dont know,the Enugu woman who tested negative,as they said,has died yesterday.
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by 7lives: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2020
kikero:

Not exactly...

1.Loan taking would have still continued under an Atiku admin because oil prices , even at $57 per barrel are too low for Nigeria

2.Atiku would have continued to spend billions on subsidy regimen...which would have continued to have a bad impact on the economy.

Your head dey ther, even the subsidies will still be diverted to his private pocket, the way he sold 1004, the steel rolling mills and God forbids, NNPC had he won the last election.
People should be protected from men like Atiku, can you imagine religious leaders fronting and holding briefs for him?, now that's the power of money.
They already calculated the amount they will make from a shenshema government like Atiku's, hence it's been cursing galores in their place of worship.
Awon alaye baje.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by wordlord: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2020
ruggedmallaam:
It will seriously affect the economy if reduced.Oil is still selling #145 per litre and they are planning of reducing budget by 1trillion Naira.Talk another thing oga

Thank you for this post.
Let be sensible here, Our Oil are been turned back as the corona virus had affected the Global economy.

With a economic like Nigeria, you cant reduce the price of petrol or eliminate stamp duty. Some more developed countries will increase these to meet the shortfall.

Where will the government generate revenue required to pay the workers , implement project if we go the Atiku Route?

I am no government official but would jump on activism bandwangon where the realities are there.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Akanaz(m): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2020
This is a very good advice and u really wish the government could implement it. However, we are very much used to this theatrics �
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 18, 2020
oil is less than $30 a barrel, and nigeria is already broke.

they can reduce the of petrol for a simple reason, at $30 per barrel, landing cost is way below 145 and subsidy or underecovery is moot.

that is the place we are in. low oil prices impacts our earnings but kills any subsidy - high oil prices increase our earnings and lead to a subsidy
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by NgwalandAbia(m): 8:31am On Mar 18, 2020
Babatunde40:
The problem with Nigerians is blind hate. You will see how young Nigerians won't see the good advice being shared by this man which is for their own good but will begin to attack the man.

Before you attack Atiku, ask yourself: can Atiku conveniently afford fuel at N145? If the price is reduced to N100, won't you benefit?

I am not an Atiku fan, I just want better life for myself.
it's only the igbos and few yoruba Christians I can call Nigerians others are fools immigrated from Chad Niger and futa jalon to our shores causing nausance
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by lastempero: 8:33am On Mar 18, 2020
The most frustrating part is when i remember that buhari is deaf.
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Meteng: 8:35am On Mar 18, 2020
nony43:
Atiku would have been a better President ( I am not his fan pls) he listens and follows news all these SARS nonsense would have stopped by now if he is in power. Our Buhari doesn't want to close our borders to curb this ravaging corona virus spread, but will just without thinking twice to close our borders because of rice smuggling.
They can't close the border against corona virus because they want to embezzle the money allocated by the Federal Government to handle the virus. If there are no patients, you can't chop the money. It's called,"greed"

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by IrohKennedyy: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2020
[s]
PassingShot:

Just like he handles his numerous businesses by owing workers salaries and govt billions of naira in unremitted collections.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Bobbyfreshh(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2020
PassingShot:

Just like he handles his numerous businesses by owing workers salaries and govt billions of naira in unremitted collections.

How many private businesses can buhari handle!!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by paschalmezie(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2020
Whether you like it or not, this is a nice call after Trump is pushing to send at least $1,000 to every American suffering from Covid19.
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Phelix111(m): 8:48am On Mar 18, 2020
ikorodureporta:
deregulated products like Kerosene is still N225/litre....abegi liff d price like that. Will a reduction in price affect anything like transportation & cost of foodstuffs??

Idiothick comment!
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by GamalNasser: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2020
nony43:
Atiku would have been a better President ( I am not his fan pls) he listens and follows news all these SARS nonsense would have stopped by now if he is in power. Our Buhari doesn't want to close our borders to curb this ravaging corona virus spread, but will just without thinking twice to close our borders because of rice smuggling.

Buhari is not useful person to anyone trust me

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by jagaban002(m): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2020
chinazaekpere12:

Zenith bank does not charge stamp duty on savings account. Open a zenith bank account today
Are you sure I have a zenith account I just don’t use it for business I use gtb and access and they take charges
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Bgorgeous: 9:07am On Mar 18, 2020
Like its because you said it. Have you not been hearing about those plans since February?
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Originalsly: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2020
leokid866:

Lol....and the budget shortfall we are facing due to the fall in oil price should be dealt with how? If this is true he is basically asking us to take on. More debt.....I doubt even he is that stupid.

So you see how many agree with him?...thinking he would handle the economy better than Buhari with such a shortsighted plan? Let's see who supports his idea would answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by jaxxy(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2020
Atiku has said the truth bt for sm reasons he cud not be totally trusted.
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by Mistaicey2288: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2020
caprini1:
In case you dont know,the Enugu woman who tested negative,as they said,has died yesterday.

Jesus Christ! I am seeing the news on front page now already.. This government only knows how to lie to score cheap scores for the useless selves. What a shame. I wouldn't be surprised if there are actually more people with the virus in this country whereas the idiots are saying we just had the 3rd case. Shame!
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by kayusely70(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2020
Very sound & patriotic advice
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by chozzy: 9:56am On Mar 18, 2020
globalresource:
Atiku would have handle our economy better, I think

I think so too.
Atiku is detribalized and will pick competent hands irrespective of tribe and religion

Buhari's nepotism is killing Nigeria

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by poiZon: 10:11am On Mar 18, 2020
jagaban002:
That stamp duty is worst , anybody send you 10,000 into your savings account 50naira is gone and those doing busness that receive multiple transfer a day . This one pass bank charges and it’s stealing by trick bu government I support ATIKU on it . That’s shit must stop
100naira not 50
Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by jagaban002(m): 10:45am On Mar 18, 2020
poiZon:

100naira not 50
It’s 50niara per transaction at Gtb I don’t know other banks . If is 10 transactions thats 10k upwards in savings they will remove 500naira at the end of the day ,the picture above shows 10,000 and 30000 I recieve yesterday they deduct 100 stamp charges . This thing is a scam

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by leokid866: 11:15am On Mar 18, 2020
Originalsly:

So you see how many agree with him?...thinking he would handle the economy better than Buhari with such a shortsighted plan? Let's see who supports his idea would answer your question.
A lot of them only reason to hate and spite and be in opposition, a lot of them do not reason long term and broadly, even atiku himself is at fault in that aspect, I don't think his brain is capable of reason beyond his belly. And it's a shame he doesn't have good advisers around him. For someone of his status to say such is a disgrace on us all.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by leokid866: 11:29am On Mar 18, 2020
darleenje:

Shut up, is Buhari and his men not robbing us blind?
You do realise statistically Nigeria's economy is at its peak compared to the 16 years of pdp.....even south Africa that is always forming Boss ended last year in recession and only God knows what the effects of corona will do to them.....Nigeria as bad as we are still came out as Africas Number one economy last year. Things are hard for everyone but we still trying hard to keep it together. If you are unsatisfied with the way things then make a change in your life and leave the rest of us to it.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension by ikorodureporta: 11:29am On Mar 18, 2020
Phelix111:

Idiothick comment!
why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crisis Rocks Lagos APC As Prince Idris Balogun Writes Tinubu / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / Apc Members Reject Akpabio As Political Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.