Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Shocking List Of Players You Never Knew Are Nigerians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shocking List Of Players You Never Knew Are Nigerians (1526 Views)

FIFA Introduces MRI Scan For Age Of Players To Be Determined / Ole Solskjaer Hands List Of Players To Leave Man United (see Details) / List Of Players Surprisingly Not Going To The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking List Of Players You Never Knew Are Nigerians by emjayyoungwiz12: 5:44am On Mar 18, 2020
This list of players who you Never taught were Nigerian would leave you speechless

1.David Alaba

David Olatokunbo Alaba was born in Vienna to a Filipino mother (a nurse) and a Nigerian father, a DJ and former rapper. He is an Austrian professional footballer, who plays for Bayern Munich and the Austria national team.
He holds Austria’s record as the youngest player in the senior national team, debuting in 2009 as a 17-year-old. He has played in a multitude of roles, including central midfield, central defence, right and left wing but has since blossomed as a left-back.

2..Ross Barkley

Shockingly, Ross Barkley is of Nigerian decent. Conceived on December 5, 1993, Barkley is an English footballer who plays for Everton and English national group as a midfielder. Barkley was brought up in Liverpool, his paternal granddad was Nigerian and that makes him qualified to play for both England and Nigeria.

3.Dennis Aogo

Born to a German mother and a Nigerian father, Dennis Aogo is a left wing-back or midfielder with Schalke 04. The 30-year old footballer once revealed in an interview that Nigeria once invited him to play for the national team which he turned down.

”When I heard Nigeria wanted me for the World Cup, I had to really think about it. But I hesitated because Nigerians won’t recognise me as a true African, it’s a totally different culture"

4. Chuka Okaka
Stefano Chuka Okaka was born in Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Italy to Nigerian parents who later obtained Italian citizenship. Okaka joined the Roma youth system in 2004.

The Italian played as a striker for Premier League club Watford and the national team. He is currently with Spezia Calcio on loan from Serie A club Parma.

SEE MORE HERE

Re: Shocking List Of Players You Never Knew Are Nigerians by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 6:57am On Mar 18, 2020
These days, it's hard to define who is a Nigerian,gosh undecided
Re: Shocking List Of Players You Never Knew Are Nigerians by saintokwuluora(m): 6:58am On Mar 18, 2020
This is not shocking! We have known them to have Nigerian ancestry all this while. It's like op just arrived this planet.
Re: Shocking List Of Players You Never Knew Are Nigerians by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 18, 2020
WTF is so "shocking" 'bout this

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Stadiums / New Akure Stadium Under Construction / In One Word How Would You Describe Nigeria's Outing In The Ongoing Olympic Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.