Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,946 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities (56009 Views)

Coronavirus: Postpone NYSC Orientation Camp - MURIC Warns FG / Potbellied Senior Corper Spotted At Rivers NYSC Orientation Camp / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Equity15(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2020
thief people..didn't they know about it all along? sheybi Oga mumuric warned them? now what happens to the money that was budgeted for the remaining 11days? Nigeria ehn

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Omnivalent(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2020
rosebuzz:
My brother just called this morning for transport fare he is in kebbi state almost 12k to come home now
Can you Imagine?
even my bro in Jigawa, needs 9k to come to my region in edo.
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:31am On Mar 18, 2020
After they have finish sharing the virus, they now want to close down orientation camp so that they can take d sickness back to there families cry

God who we offend naaaaa cry

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Hespee93: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2020
olaboy33:
This is not a wise decision to me.

They corps members have been in camp close to two weeks now before the third corona case was detected in Lagos.

They are safer in camp than being outside for now when authorities are still trying to trace those who made contacts with the lady who tested positive.

This is very unnecessary and would cause avoidable panic.

They have the tendency to stop camping right from the beginning, but the money which the NYSC coordinators wants to swallow didn't allow to them to.

Now that they have taken their own cake of it, next thing is to stop camping.

When the president of Muric gave the advice, what comes to my mind is what I explained above.

Nigerians like money more than anything.

If the camping was cancel, no money to gain.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by wink2015(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2020
I THINK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS CHALLENGED WITH PAYING CORPERS THEIR NYSC ALLOWANCE GIVEN THE DROP IN CRUDE OIL PRICES

Not necessarily CORONAVIRUS.

Laugh ! I may be wrong undecided

The federal government is too ashamed to continue the program in the main time.

Our external reserve will soon be the well from which the politician will be withdrawing money to run this expensive federal structure.

NORTHERNERS GO AND FACE AGRICULTURE !
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by paschalmezie(m): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2020
This is the kind of action we're talking about.

Shutdown schools
Shutdown Churches
Shutdown malls
Shutdown Offices
Shutdown Airports
Shutdown Football
Shutdown all sports
Just Shutdown everything worth shutting down.

Shutdown every damn thing.
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by paschalmezie(m): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2020
I am confident that you don't know - never cared to know, How Diesel Fuel Exhaust Exposure Affect Your Health?

Please, read this article and educate yourself, friends, colleagues and families

>>>> https://www.electenergyng.com/blog/how-can-diesel-fuel-exhaust-exposure-affect-your-health/
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2020
olaboy33:

They corps members have been in camp close to two weeks now before the third corona case was detected in Lagos. I'm

They are safer in camp than being outside for now when authorities are still trying to trace those who made contacts with the lady who tested positive.

The camps are not isolated and sealed off like Wuhan was. All it takes is one carrier. With all the recurring deaths attributed to nysc, this is a good move.if covid to 9 broke out in a camp, they would not have the resources to handle. There are already rumors that only Lagos has testing kits and those are not enough.I suspect many people already have it, but for some reason we are asymptomatic

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Gabbriell: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2020
Drug ofter death.

The camp that everyone asked those in charge to postpone it but they refused. How does discharging them to their various PPA prevent them from the corona virus. What if some of them have already picked up the virus?.

Our govt eeh, how I hope all their kids will be constitutionaly forced to school and serve in the country.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by AkolagTech: 9:06am On Mar 18, 2020
Another high risk area as far as I'm concerned is the school. The federal government should as a matter of urgency, order the closure of all schools.
I hope the Nigerian government is not waiting until there's an outbreak in a school before ordering the closure of schools?
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2020
Eyaa, camp that is probably the most fun part of NYSC!
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Aladdin1(m): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2020
VERY GOOD!!! WHO WAN DIE BECOS OF ONE NONSENSE ORIENTATION CAMP WEY NO DEY ADD VALUE TO PERSIN LIFE?.ABEGGI!!!
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Brunicekid(m): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2020
Giditrendz:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/382452-just-in-coronavirus-nysc-abruptly-ends-orientation-camp-activities.html
WOW!!! Unbelievable NYSC ends camp activities Day 9 of Camp?

Jesus have mercy!

See what Corona-virus has caused?
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by sylve11: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2020
Aliencraft:
Corpers, how market grin

F*v#k no sure again
If you know you know

Lol grin cool
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Bimpe29: 9:23am On Mar 18, 2020
Laudable development. It will be pretty good if our borders can all be closed to all immigrants from the risky and ravaged countries.
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 18, 2020
NigeriaBam:
cool Nice One. Gradually, this Coronavirus will soon affect all Social Activities..
No more Weekend Party
No more Owambe
No more football viewing Center

Taking us back to 18th century

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by g4gerald: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2020
Olunmercy56:
Better, prevention is always better than cure. They should let them be with their parents and guidance
Parents and guidance ke?
They were giving letter to go to their primary place of assignment
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Olunmercy56(f): 10:10am On Mar 18, 2020
g4gerald:

Parents and guidance ke?
They were giving letter to go to their primary place of assignment

Better
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Kinjikitileking(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2020
Giditrendz:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/382452-just-in-coronavirus-nysc-abruptly-ends-orientation-camp-activities.html
Ooh no !! Just at the Climax of Camp

All the drills,, shows, beauty pageant all ends abruptly

The men hitting the gym ,, training to win Mr macho ,, the women rehearsing ,, cat-walking to win miss lepacious and miss big bold and beautiful

The platoon officials thinking about gimmicks to extort money from Corp members in the name of platoon levy in preparation for the carnivals ,,

The Captain and his boys admiring some girls they would sleep with on fire night or the last days of camp

The female Corp members flirting with the Captain and high ranking security personnels there just to answer a big girl that has a soldiers number

Ooh no ,, what about marketers that will loose ,,
The hotels in the urban areas close to camp
Arranging some shows that will make Corp members Lodge in their hotels at the end of orientation camp

Ooh no !!!
Many loss will occur
The Mami people,,
The photographers ,, the food sellers
The hawkers
The drink sellers

The state coordinator and co,, charged them huge sums of money to be able to sell in respective camps

And they need to make their profit ...

I wonder why they charge them this huge amount of money ,, and they will extort it from Corp members with exorbitant price of things .....

Everything is gonna vanish prematurely within
the blink of an eye
CORONAVIRUS!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by carbonado(m): 11:32am On Mar 18, 2020
GreenArrow1:
Good move.
Other countries who are better prepared to fight this virus are closing their borders and banning entry from a list of nationalities while a country whose doctors are going on strike in the middle of a global pandemic, has decided that it would allow everyone to keep coming in.
I don't know the brand of weed they are smoking in that ASO Rock. It seems really strong.
... Special type of W..d,the type you feel like you are floating... Lmao...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Megaideas(f): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2020
You were asked to postpone it, you insisted. Now you're ending it abruptly.
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by principalgee: 11:38am On Mar 18, 2020
I think Nigeria is becoming a country sha
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Kaydiscography(m): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2020
Excos/ corp members enroute to camps to assist the new corp members should be careful too
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by nwasteve(m): 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
Chai!
I pity mami peie
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Sammyblaq(m): 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
Shit Country...
Those corps are better safe in camp.

FG should have barred all visitors to the various camps.

Ndi Oshi. Make una kuku return the money mapped for the BatchA orientation.
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by wittyemi(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
Three months old Samsung A50 for sale, holla at me or Whatsapp if interested on : 07037083216.

Thanks.

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Reussite: 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
Like I'm lost with the motive behind the release of the prospective corp members to their respective PPA abruptly. Were they not in camp before the emergency of the third case? They were as well quarantined from the public with no risk of getting infected but discharging them now to their respective PPAs especially with a new case in Katsina is sheer foolishness & they have instead position them with a higher probability of contacting the virus.
What kind of leaders do we have? lipsrsealed

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Brunicekid(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
olaboy33:

They corps members have been in camp close to two weeks now before the third corona case was detected in Lagos.

TRUE
Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Brunicekid(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2020
paschalmezie:
This is the kind of action we're talking about.

Shutdown schools
Shutdown Churches
Shutdown malls
Shutdown Offices
Shutdown Airports
Shutdown Football
Shutdown all sports
Just Shutdown everything worth shutting down.

Shutdown every damn thing.
NONSENSE!!!

Nothing will be shut down anymore... CoronaVirus will be a thing of the past in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NYSC abruptly ends orientation camp activities by Brunicekid(m): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
Aladdin1:
VERY GOOD!!! WHO WAN DIE BECOS OF ONE NONSENSE ORIENTATION CAMP WEY NO DEY ADD VALUE TO PERSIN LIFE?.ABEGGI!!!
Says who Nysc Orientation Camp add value to Corpers Life big time!!! Talk of SAED, Lectures, Social activities, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldier Spotted Fanning Corp Member Who Slept Off During NYSC Lecture(pic,video) / Edo Corper, Gbadamosi OluwaMayowa, Arrested For Sleeping With His Student / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.