Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

"This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) (4414 Views)

Meet Ramsey Noah And His Family (Wife, Daughter And Sons) / Ramsey Noah: "A Female Fan Slipped Her Panties Into My Pocket In US" / Ramsey Noah The Face Of Blue Band Margarine At Age 8 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by naijazee2: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Nollywood actor Ramsey Nouah took to Instagram to slam a store after he took his faulty TV back, less than a month after it was bought, and was informed that it's not covered by warranty.

The actor revealed that his kids "slightly cracked" the screen while playing squash ball. The cracked screen caused the TV to pack up.

Since the TV, which he bought for 499,000 Naira, wouldn't come on again, he took it back to the store since it's covered by warranty. However, on getting there, he was told that the TV screen is not covered by warranty.

In a video shared by the actor on Instagram, the TV is seen on the floor in front of the store, with the carton beside it. The TV and its packaging scattered in front of the store appeared to create a scene.

He wrote;

Okay I'm so livid right now and quite appalled to say the least. Why is it that almost nothing guarantees you value in this country? Dear @lgafrica1 I bought a TV from one of your outlets less than a month ago for 499,000k so basically 500k and the screen got slightly cracked with a squash ball while my kids were playing around. Not only did my entire TV pack up and refused to come on which puts the quality of the product to serious questions because how do I pay so much for something only for it to shut down completely at the slightest push? I was told on bringing it in to your store that the screen is not under warranty and it costs over 80% of the total amount to replace the screen. I honestly feel like this is a rip off because what then does my warranty cover? The plug maybe?

How is this supposed to be sustainable to average people who probably saved their hard earned income to purchase your product? What are we supposed to do with no warranty on what happens to be the most expensive component of the product?

No! This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anybody out there has had any unpleasant experience like mine with these companies and would like to talk about it? This is truly unacceptable and I believe needs to be spoken about.

CLick the link to Watch the video

https://www.naijazee.com/2020/03/this-is-rip-off-ramsey-noah-laments.html?m=1

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by stickright(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2020
Unfortunately this is what everyone else does! What Ramsey did was no different from a website or an app terms and conditions that users click "Agree" to use without reading it.
Further more, most warranties do not include damage as a result of human error or delibrate actions. Just like saying let me breaking my Bentley 2020 windscreen and return to its manufacturer for replacement without paying a dime, isn't that stupid?

11 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by donbachi(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2020
LG-life is good..my brother sorry,na b4 no be na again...any company wey come nigeria dey learn by example...i no blame dem..na d kpomo men wey sey dem be our leaders i dey blame.
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by cRobo: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2020
I won't say a word
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Abfinest007(m): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2020
oga go buy another one but next make ur children go play eir ball outside .ur sitting room is not a football field

6 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by youngsahito(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2020
I believe the screen is a touch screen.

1 Like

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by jaymichael(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2020
Warranty to cover a deliberate damage? Who does that. Oga Noah, that damage isn't slight except the definition of 'slight'don change. I have an LG LED TV too that my son uses as a drum set. A month ago he used a small steel pipe to hit the TV. I thank God the TV did not crack, it only sustained a hairline mark that is only visible to the observant eyes. LG products are durable. The TV is over 5 years and still looks and operates as if I bought it just last week.

3 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Officialgarri: 10:04am On Mar 18, 2020
jaymichael:
Warranty to cover a deliberate damage? Who does that. Oga Noah, that damage isn't slight except the definition of 'slight'don change. I have an LG LED TV too that my son uses as a drum set. A month ago he used a small steel pipe to hit the TV. I thank God the TV did not crack, it only sustained a hairline mark that is only visible to the observant eyes. LG products are durable. The TV is over 5 years and still looks and operates as if I bought it just last week.

Is the boy still in the hospital now?

8 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by IrohKennedyy: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by seankafor(m): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2020
This one is probly seeking attention.

Make him no go focus on his dying career than crying on media
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Heylius(m): 10:11am On Mar 18, 2020
Oga Noah is warranty not guaranty
You don go use your hand spoil your TV carry am come make Dem repair am for you for free, sense dey pain you ni?

Wetin Dem tell you be say if e develop Any factory fault make you carry am come no be if you spoil am with your hand oga.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by ValCon888: 10:15am On Mar 18, 2020
Lol. Is that what he calls slightly cracked?
That tv looks like a woman that's been brutalized by her drunken husband.

You left your kids to play near a tv thats worth half a million naira. You only have yourself to blame.

3 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by MycroftHolmes: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2020
Warranty doesn't mean that you should deliberately destroy the product and expect a replacement... (Who does that )

And, saying that damage up there is 'slight', is gross deception. Discipline your kids so they don't break your TVs in future.

4 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:58am On Mar 18, 2020
Guy stop this now we all know you can't get replacement when it's not mechanical fault. If all Nigeria want to collect their money back from you just because some of your movie were below expectations by now you should know where you will be

1 Like

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 18, 2020
seankafor:

He was the main actor in the movie merrymen, one of the highest grossing moviez last year & he just won best director for living in bondage. Another high grossing movie.
His career is not dying.

6 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by PreciousDev: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
naijazee2:

Nollywood actor Ramsey Nouah took to Instagram to slam a store after he took his faulty TV back, less than a month after it was bought, and was informed that it's not covered by warranty.

The actor revealed that his kids "slightly cracked" the screen while playing squash ball. The cracked screen caused the TV to pack up.

Since the TV, which he bought for 499,000 Naira, wouldn't come on again, he took it back to the store since it's covered by warranty. However, on getting there, he was told that the TV screen is not covered by warranty.

In a video shared by the actor on Instagram, the TV is seen on the floor in front of the store, with the carton beside it. The TV and its packaging scattered in front of the store appeared to create a scene.

He wrote;

Okay I'm so livid right now and quite appalled to say the least. Why is it that almost nothing guarantees you value in this country? Dear @lgafrica1 I bought a TV from one of your outlets less than a month ago for 499,000k so basically 500k and the screen got slightly cracked with a squash ball while my kids were playing around. Not only did my entire TV pack up and refused to come on which puts the quality of the product to serious questions because how do I pay so much for something only for it to shut down completely at the slightest push? I was told on bringing it in to your store that the screen is not under warranty and it costs over 80% of the total amount to replace the screen. I honestly feel like this is a rip off because what then does my warranty cover? The plug maybe?

How is this supposed to be sustainable to average people who probably saved their hard earned income to purchase your product? What are we supposed to do with no warranty on what happens to be the most expensive component of the product?

Anybody out there has had any unpleasant experience like mine with these companies and would like to talk about it? This is truly unacceptable and I believe needs to be spoken about.

The television is covered by warranty but the television screen is not covered by warranty.
I think I need to sleep first!
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by LadySarah: 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
The one my husband was cleaning suddenly ink surfaced on it.

It's been 4 yrs and LG is yet to replace the sc|teen even though they are charging almost the cost price.
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
My uncle bought 7
LG TVs,
1 unit of 88 inches(bought in Dubai)
5 units of 32 inches bought in nigeria
1 unit of 42 inches also bought in nigeria

Not more than two months we became LGs known customer cos we were shuttling from mushin to apapa almost every week trying to repair the TVs that just pack up with no prior fault or damages
Funny enough only the 88inch wasn't giving any issue and he go to a time, I was tired and I asked why?
One of the employee just told me that don't I realize those TVs were made for Nigeria because we like cheap things, I almost land him slap but on the second thought, do we have Son in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Kendumazy(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Most electronic items screen aren't under warranty naaw. Applicable to phones too.
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Millz404(m): 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
I once bought a tecno phone and after using it for some days, i discovered that the phone refused to catch strong network inside my house, until i move to a different area. I first thought it was glo being glo, but somebody else in my house was browsing with glo with very good speed.

I took it to carlcare and they changed the entire panel of the phone. I think it is something like this that is covered under warranty.

Meanwhile while waiting to get my phone, one man ran inside rain with his phone and came for them to work it free for him, that the phone is still under warranty. They told him he cannot spoil his phone out of carelessness and bring it to them to change the board or whatever for free, that he has to pay. The man ginger ginger still carry him phone go house.

So oga Noah should go and throw away that tv and buy another one. They won't fix it for free

1 Like

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by DIKEnaWAR: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
LG is not trying these days, the TV I bought for 300+k has been blinking and going on and off, sometimes. Been thinking how I wan take carry the load back to their outlet.
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
naijazee2:

He wrote;

when you buy a tv from LG they give you the option for insurance. i bought a 75 inch from them last year, and i paid for one year insurance. no manufacturer can be liable for that kind of damage.

as to most of these stories about LG tvs packing up shortly after purchase - get a UPS for your tv. if you have money direct online - if you don't line interactive. i have been through four LG tvs over 5- 6 years, and i had no such issues with any of them

ramsey noah should stop falling hand with these rants

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10058731_screenshot20190818ebalsoninstagrammeetnollywoodactorramseynoahandhisfamilynollywoodactornollywood_jpeg4d79be3e31cd73edf019ad9fee657714

there is no baby in the house, so who could have done this? and what could have been thrown? this looks more like result of domestic fracas
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by jaymichael(m): 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
Officialgarri:

Haba! Hospital ke? My boy is dearer than 1000 TVs. If e break, I buy another one.

1 Like

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by bigcee(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
seankafor:
Mtcheeew! Guy stfu if you don't have something sensible to say.

1 Like

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by nazablossom(f): 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ramsey go and rest. This is real life not nollywood
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by iammo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
Is this man sensible at all? your kid smashed it with a squash ball and you want LG to give you a refund or a new one.. if that's how companies run then they would go bankrupt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by egopersonified(f): 6:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
hakeemhakeem:
Guy stop this now we all know you can't get replacement when it's not mechanical fault. If all Nigeria want to collect their money back from you just because some of your movie were below expectations by now you should know where you will be

lolllllllllllllll
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Iceyjay(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
seankafor:

Do you have a career
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by pek(m): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
Thought this guy have small sense in him. How can you damage your TV with a squash ball and expect the company to change it for you? That's not a mechanical nor factory fault. Who doesn't know that TV screens cost about 80% of the actual cost of the TV? Little wonder when the screens of expensive TVs spoil, the owners usually abandon them.
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by nenergy(m): 6:41am On Jul 28, 2020
southniyikaye:
My uncle bought 7
LG TVs,
1 unit of 88 inches(bought in Dubai)
5 units of 32 inches bought in nigeria
1 unit of 42 inches also bought in nigeria

Not more than two months we became LGs known customer cos we were shuttling from mushin to apapa almost every week trying to repair the TVs that just pack up with no prior fault or damages
Funny enough only the 88inch wasn't giving any issue and he go to a time, I was tired and I asked why?
One of the employee just told me that don't I realize those TVs were made for Nigeria because we like cheap things, I almost land him slap but on the second thought, do we have Son in Nigeria?
Did you guys use a surge protector? Many people think a stabilizer is ok for a TV, but it's an error. TV owners need to invest in a good surge protector
Re: "This Is A Rip Off" Ramsey Noah Laments Over Cracked TV Screen (video) by Abdulguy: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020

He was the main actor in the movie merrymen, one of the highest grossing moviez last year & he just won best director for living in bondage. Another high grossing movie.
His career is not dying.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Bigger Boobs With Papaya Juice & Milk / Kenyan Socialite, Vera Sidika Shares After Sex Photos In Lagos / Davido Insists He Just Want A Taste Of The Women In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.