Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari (29929 Views)

Full Text: President Buhari's Address On Coronavirus / President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) / Video As Buhari Receives Briefing On Coronavirus From Health Minister & DG NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Odinaka00(m): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
S.A President Ramaphosa has made about 5 speeches in 5 different occasions telling his people what to do to be on the safe side and to help the Government stop the spread of this virus in their country.. This morning he called on all the political party leaders and had a meeting with them and they came up with some solutions and after that he addressed the nation... So I'm so shocked that Buhari hasn't addressed the nation yet.. This is so embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
Donald Trump is the very worst person to handle the coronavirus crisis

Coronavirus is the first major crisis Donald Trump has faced that is not of his own making. People who know what it is like to be in charge when disaster strikes have warned us this moment would come eventually – and we can now see why they were so terrified.

Trump in a time of coronavirus is a lethal combination. Everything about the president – his reliance on his gut instincts in place of expertise, his overwhelming selfishness, and his unfailing tendency to lash out at others when things go wrong – make him the worst person imaginable to hold the world’s most powerful job in the face of pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/donald-trump-coronavirus-crisis
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
Odinaka00:
S.A President Ramaphosa has made about 5 speeches in 5 different occasions telling his people what to do to be on the safe side and to help the Government stop the spread of this virus in their country.. This morning he called on all the political party leaders and had a meeting with them and they came up with some solutions and after that he addressed the nation... So I'm so shocked that Buhari hasn't addressed the nation yet.. This is so embarrassing

And how many cases do they have in SA and why is the count jumping by dozens everyday?

How come the speech by the SA president not stopping or reducing the number of cases, bunt instead ballooning everyday?

Speech is not a substitute for preparedness, competence and vigilance, our men and women are doing a great job to protect you and your family just like when they conquered Ebola, get valuable info from the medical professionals we put in charge to protect you and your family and stop acting as if the president;s speech will do that for you.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by RaptorX: 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
Trump takes questions about the crisis from the press almost everyday.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
RaptorX:
Trump takes questions about the crisis from the press almost everyday.

He creates chaos and confusion with his speeches. Americans prefer to hear from the health professionals instead of trump, they don't even trust him.

I'd rather be in Nigeria today , than in the US where there's lack of direction and institutional incompetence.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
Exclusive poll: Public trusts health agencies more than Trump

Why it matters: The results suggest that health officials have a high degree of credibility in this crisis — and that Trump is on safer ground when he closes ranks with them, as he did in his unusually candid remarks about the outbreak at Monday's press conference.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-axios-surveymonkey-poll-6cec0f29-bff2-4d1e-bcc8-811e7981f0fe.html

Americans want to hear from public health officials and the professionals in charge for information and how to stay safe, protect themselves and their families, but ignorant Nigerians want to hear from the president and politicians.

Clueless people..
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
Yea

You had to spell it out to the impostor
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by uvie66: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
hisexcellency34:
So, he needs Senate to tell him to do the needful. What a President!
Guy, the Man dey fear to talk for public, that is the consequence of limited education.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Mozegee: 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
The most useless and clownest president in the history of mankind.what a clown we have as a president
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Can he take a press conference

NO...NO HE CAN'T
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by uvie66: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Americans want to hear from public health officials and the professionals in charge for information and how to stay safe, protect themselves and their families, but ignorant Nigerians want to hear from the president and politicians.

Clueless people..
The President is the leader, he should reassure the nation on what steps his administration is taking to tackle this unknown virus.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by uvie66: 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
Reference:

Honestly the Federal Goverment acts as if it does not exist. Every country that I know with virus cases has been addressed by their President's multiple times first on the pandemic itself, then on governance and then on the economic fallout.

It is highly disappointing that our goverment is so overwhelmed by this matter.
In UK and America, their leaders address the nation everyday, .....I rest my case.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
uvie66:
The President is the leader, he should reassure the nation on what steps his administration is taking to tackle this unknown virus.

https://ncdc.gov.ng/

The president is not NCDC, he's not a medical professional and he's not in charge of the NCDC, if you need to know anything about the virus and what you need to do to stay safe, go to the NCDC's website.

Use your common sense and stop playing to the gallery on NL for likes, you don't need the president to give you the info he doesn't have and not qualified to give you.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
uvie66:
In UK and America, their leaders address the nation everyday, .....I rest my case.

And their Virus and death cases tripped, I just wonder why their speeches did not prevent the cases and deaths from going up.

Maybe because instead of listening to their ministry of health and healthcare professionals in charge, they say around waiting to hear from politicians.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Bimpe29: 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Who his address epp?
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by ayobamiakinrind(m): 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ayotemide:

please dont be unfortunate.

It's late, he already has chosen that path.

1 Like

Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by NGpatriot: 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Trump address sparks chaos as coronavirus crisis deepens

President Donald Trump set out to steady a rattled nation and a diving economy in a solemn Oval Office address, but instead sowed more confusion and doubts that he is up to handling the fast-worsening coronavirus crisis.

The confusion was symptomatic of an administration that has often struggled to frame detailed policies and present them coherently. Trump’s top assignment on Wednesday was to show that he was in charge and that he appreciated, finally, the grave nature of the weeks that lie ahead. But the confusion over the travel ban turned his speech into something of a debacle and may up exacerbating uncertainty over his leadership.

https://www.997wtn.com/news/trump-address-sparks-chaos-as-coronavirus-crisis-deepens/

Trump's speeches creates more problem, more chaos and confusion.

Americans want to hear from healthcare professionals, not from politicians with zero facts.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Naijaddk1: 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Chai! We are doomed and i weep for my quantry...
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by gbasquare: 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2020
Are you sure he's aware of the existence and prevalence of Corona virus? He's not aware of anything...
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Nairalandmonika: 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
gurunlocker:
They will have to help him write speech first..... grin grin grin

5 years and not even one live media chat for Q and A. grin
Was about to say this, buhari has never address Nigerians b4, never, I never see this kind Dundee president b4. God forbid
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by corperdonga: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
NGPatriot is clearly APC e-warrior assigned to this thread...lol. Man have to earn his pay. The sad thing about COVID-19 is that no one is exempted both the rich and poor, the high and mighty are even at risk more.

APC should keep playing politics till it hits. God save us all.

God guide our leaders.
God bless the Federal Republic.
Re: Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari by Isoduwa(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
ReadyMadeToTo:

It's an insult to those that are dull to call that mumu man dull. Buhari is utterly useless. I spit on his empty skull

I'm speaking on behalf of Mumu people they are angry with you because them think they are better than Buhari

It's finish then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu In Europe Resting, Meeting Heads Of Govts — APC / Femi Fani-Kayode To Okorocha: 'Judas Of Igboland, Stop Crying' / Appeal Court Upholds ₦50M Damages Against Abbo For Slapping Intima Gadget Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.