Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Transmission--am I Wasting My Time? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission--am I Wasting My Time? (986 Views)

Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transmission--am I Wasting My Time? by giselegadot3: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
I have a 2009 Pontiac g6 with 217k miles. Just a few days ago I was driving and everything was fine. Suddenly I couldn't shift into 3rd or 4th gear. I drove about another 30 miles to get home with it only shifting to 2nd gear. Sometimes it has trouble shifting into first gear and sometimes the transmission will just suddenly slip and I won't get anything. Like I said this all happened suddenly didn't have a single problem before. I scanned it and it says shift solenoid B stuck on. Would I be wasting my time opening it up and replacing the solenoids? Hoping to get at least another few months out of it until I can save some money up for a new vehicle. Never had the transmission fluid changed if that matters. https://gbp.cnv.to/usd/17.99
Re: Transmission--am I Wasting My Time? by MotorGuru: 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
giselegadot3:
I have a 2009 Pontiac g6 with 217k miles. Just a few days ago I was driving and everything was fine. Suddenly I couldn't shift into 3rd or 4th gear. I drove about another 30 miles to get home with it only shifting to 2nd gear. Sometimes it has trouble shifting into first gear and sometimes the transmission will just suddenly slip and I won't get anything. Like I said this all happened suddenly didn't have a single problem before. I scanned it and it says shift solenoid B stuck on. Would I be wasting my time opening it up and replacing the solenoids? Hoping to get at least another few months out of it until I can save some money up for a new vehicle. Never had the transmission fluid changed if that matters.

Transmission is on its way out. Either rebuild valvebody (and likely main transmission) or replace transmission
Re: Transmission--am I Wasting My Time? by ivoryhouse(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
It's your choice bruh. If you have a good mechanic and can afford to rebuild the transmission, that's the path I'd toe

giselegadot3:
I have a 2009 Pontiac g6 with 217k miles. Just a few days ago I was driving and everything was fine. Suddenly I couldn't shift into 3rd or 4th gear. I drove about another 30 miles to get home with it only shifting to 2nd gear. Sometimes it has trouble shifting into first gear and sometimes the transmission will just suddenly slip and I won't get anything. Like I said this all happened suddenly didn't have a single problem before. I scanned it and it says shift solenoid B stuck on. Would I be wasting my time opening it up and replacing the solenoids? Hoping to get at least another few months out of it until I can save some money up for a new vehicle. Never had the transmission fluid changed if that matters.

(1) (Reply)

Check Engine VSC Issue / Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug / Barely Used 03/04 Toyota Corolla @ 1.850k ❌❌Sold out❌❌

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.