Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) (3694 Views)

COVID-19: I Am Not Positive - Susan Idoko-Okpe, Benue Index Case Cries Out / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). / Hen Laying Egg On Hospital Bed In Imo - Facebook User Shares Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by JEmma1(m): 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
With the growing number of covid-19 cases in Nigeria, It's important that we all know and understand the symptoms exhibited by infected persons.

I just tested positive to the corona virus. I’m too weak to even feel sorry for myself, but I intend to share my symptoms to allow people quickly identify and self-isolate immediately, to avoid infecting others.

6th March: someone coughed into my face mistakenly, while speaking to me (yes run away from people that are coughing). I don’t know why the staff came to work knowing he had a cough.

9th: I had my first diarrhoea.

10th: I woke up on 10th with an uncomfortable throat. I felt like I had a film in my throat, but it wasn’t saw. Diarrhoea again. Also I felt bloated.Also, I felt dizzy while in the car; but this is normal, so it didn’t bother me.

11th: I woke up with puffy eyes. Like, actual SWOLLEN eyes. Sneezed a few, but hey that’s normal in the UK. Lost my appetite. A bit fatigued. Later at night, my coughing intensified.

12th: my temperature soared to 40degs. I was coughing hysterically but there was no phlegm coming out. I started sneezing. My Voice sounded like I had a cold. I was weak and tired. My throat felt itchy.

13th: coughing & Sneezinf intensified. Rib cage hurt. No appetite. Loss of breath. Temperature dropped to 36. Quite fatigued but went to the store for supplies (found none by the way, thanks Britain!). Couldn’t take deep breaths

14th: woke up with a headache & extremely sore ribs from the coughing. Suspected a chest infection. Temperature rose back to 40. Coughed more. Sneezed more. Actually felt down. Voice sounded weak and flu-like. Couldn’t make a complete sentence w/o gasping.

15th: got admitted in hospital. Temp at 40deg. Coughed more. Sneezed hysterically. Was weak. Lost mobility. Was in pains (back, ribs). No appetite. Was extremely thirsty. X-ray showed chest infection. Got placed on antibiotics and painkillers. Voice sounded so weak and flu-like.

16th: felt ok. Coughing reduced drastically. Sneezed less. Was stronger. Worked from home. Couldn’t laugh cos rib still hurt. THIRSTY. Temp at 36-37. Slowly gained mobility. Voice still weak and flu-like. Throat felt better.

17th: felt better. Walked faster. Extremely THIRSTY. Temp at 36. dizzy. Had more appetite. Had hallucinations. Temporary loss of recent memory. Couldn’t speak much. Vomited. Fatigued. No sense of taste or smell. No sneezing, coughed twice. Coughed up phlegm.

18th: Temp at 37. Well enough to type this and work from home. No sense of taste or smell. No appetite. Thirsty. Voice sounds weak and flu-like. Short breaths. Swollen eyes. Coughing up phlegm. Hurting eye socket.

My symptoms were this severe, and my incubation period was shorter, because I have an underlying health condition. My healthy husband is very fine, just fatigue and occasional coughing. I will update this as I go.

Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by LordAzubuike(f): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
He's in the UK. Corona virus find it hard to survive in sub Saharan Africa
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by JunctionBox: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by Brandonx(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
Let's hope it doesn't spread in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by JEmma1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
She went on tweeting..

Dear America,

if 1 person in that photo had the virus that, be aware that at least 20 more have caught it, and will spread it when they get to their destination.

Yours faithfully,

Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by JEmma1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
LordAzubuike:
He's in the UK. Corona virus find it hard to survive in sub Saharan Africa

This is due to the hot weather conditions here, mind you we are about entering the rainy season.

We just have to explore every measures possible to stop the virus form going viral here
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by GOFRONT(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
Jesus will cure this corona for us..

Allahu Akubar will cure Corona for us all....

Inshallah, InshaJehova

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by chiemmanuel(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
I read in fear, thinking this was in Nigeria,
When I saw UK, I breathed a sigh of relief

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by ValCon888: 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Just look at how she's broadcasting her foolishness to the world.

On the 13th, you were coughing and sneezing, and you still went ahead to go out to shop and infect more people.
Instead of staying under self-quarantine.

The reason the virus is spreading is not because it's contagious. It's spreading because of the actions of stupid people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by TeamLeader(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
So sorry to divert from the topic but please I need to know the name of the font the babe is using to type. Wanna download it.

May God protect us all and heal our land from this fast spreading deadly virus. Amen
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by mamapidgin: 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
ogaoo
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by thunderfirebubu: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
ValCon888:
Just look at how she's broadcasting her foolishness to the world.

On the 13th, you were coughing and sneezing, and you still went ahead to go out to shop and infect more people.
Instead of staying under self-quarantine.

The reason the virus is spreading is not because it's contagious. It's spreading because of the actions of stupid people.
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by nazablossom(f): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
She waited too long before going to the hospital. Why wait that long when she already know about corona virus?

Speedy recovery to her
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by CrazyOptimist: 10:25am On Mar 19, 2020
JEmma1:

This is due to the hot weather conditions here, mind you we are about entering the rainy season.

We just have to explore every measures possible to stop the virus form going viral here

Don't spread false information, who told you the virus cannot spread in hot weather? This is a false claim that will make people relaxed and nonchalant.
Re: Covid-19: I Just Tested Positive To The Corona Virus. (twitter User Shares) by iambenureri(m): 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
[quote author=JEmma1 post=87557463]With the growing number of covid-19 cases in Nigeria, It's important that we all know and understand the symptoms exhibited by infected persons.

very, very heartbreaking. Wish you quick/total recovery!

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: The Good And The Bad Sides Of ‘zobo’ Drink / A Political Cartoon I Saw On Social Media. They Are Not Even Hiding It (pic) / Complete Treatment For Ulcers,Grastritis,and intestinal Bleeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.