Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria (35290 Views)

COVID-19: Our Self-isolation Policy Has Failed – Osagie Ehanire / Coronavirus: Patient Escapes Isolation In Osun State / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by KEVIND: 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by 12inchess: 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
NCDC. Nobody does it better. America can come here and take some notes. What we lack in healthcare facilities we are surplus in ideas and strategies. This is what U.S should have been doing since. How will people come out of cruise ship and you will just release all of them to infect others. If they don't show symptoms at least they should limit the places they are visiting for the 14 days.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by 24kmagic: 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
Make this thing just stop for south abeg.

Na them de enjoy 9ja pass so make them also suffer pass
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by UKBobo(m): 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good advice.

If you want to test whether you have it and will infect family members, see below.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Jodan10: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
God help us in did country[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by DCmonster: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
The mod that banned me should self isolate. Now the whole world knows how useless buhari government is. Over here in the Carribbeans the government declared national emergency and closed down schools, offices for 14 days with just one case reported. Nigerian government didn't nothing but hogwashed the media with an Italian covid-19 carrier.

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Jodan10: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
God help us in this country
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by MYZOLE: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDTKNtRIm8

Please, we all need to be educated more on this virus. Cause it seems it has spread more than what we are being told. Here are some advices from a professor
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by NubaVertigo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:
I am not doubting the existence of this virus
But I think the drastic measures are far more over reactions
What's alarming is these measures are employed throughout the world making it the first time we are closer to making religions unlawful

This is the beginning of the end
The new world is shaping up
Believe it or not

Caution has to be taken. I'm in the US; I'm going to be honest I caught it. It's no joke and is very strong. I had the shortness of breath, I've never had trouble breathing all my life, but all of a sudden my breathing was heavy and slow and it felt like I was only taking in about 25% of my normal Oxygen intake. I had to take lots of home remedies as they temporarily let the symptoms subside. Who knows how much of my breathing would have been eliminated otherwise. Someone with asthma = dead. I also had muscle pain around my body and intense chest pain in my chest. It started with a concentrated sore throat, and at some point I just started feeling phlegm drop down my throat. Luckily for me, I can connect to my job from home. At the end of January, I know someone who traveled from Hong Kong, and arrived with a nasty cough and was under bed rest. I attended an event in their apartment for about 3 hours. This is when the news had just broke out and only Wuhan's Hubei province was under quarantine so nobody thought much of it.. It's very serious, and even for those that will get past it, they will cause harm for others that are either old, have asthma, sickle cell anemia, etc etc... not to be taken lightly, it's not conspiracy, it's a real contagious virus. I understand where you're coming from where you are only hearing about it but can't see any results, but there is no doubt when you catch it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
I have been in self-isolatiom since Monday. That thing no easy.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by talk2dace(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
Froshloaded:
Okay..

I read a post online, the man is trying to get himself tested for corona, the doctors Now told him to get 1.1million
Imagine

corona don spread like wild fire already for naija...its just a ticking time bomb
sad

Shut up!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by toyinjimoh(m): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ololanla:
Imagine what Buhari has caused with his cluelessness.
Medicine after death.
weytin buhari do u na u de see am for ur dream
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lovelies1:
Corona virus

Prayer
Remind God of his word

Genesis 1:26-28
Luke 12:16-20
Luke 12:23

You should o. I heard he's quite forgetful.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by lagdmark(m): 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Self-isolation in Nigeria?, when majority of our citizens depend on petty trading, hawking, and touting to make a living. Some hustlers, clearing agents at NAHCO and Apapa ports cannot afford Self-isolation, talk less of market men/women at mile 12.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Hoodbilonia: 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
Come rain or shine
I dey enter food market. Fu ck super markets with bogus price tags.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Kimzo: 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
Person fit self isolate in Nigeria? Especially for Lagos, where you Dey stay face me I slap you...
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by DAVE5(m): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
NubaVertigo:

Caution has to be taken. I'm in the US; I'm going to be honest I caught it. It's no joke and is very strong. I had the shortness of breath, I've never had trouble breathing all my life, but all of a sudden my breathing was heavy and slow and it felt like I was only taking in about 25% of my normal Oxygen intake. I had to take lots of home remedies as they temporarily let the symptoms subside. Who knows how much of my breathing would have been eliminated otherwise. Someone with asthma = dead. I also had muscle pain around my body and intense chest pain in my chest. It started with a concentrated sore throat, and at some point I just started feeling phlegm drop down my throat. Luckily for me, I can connect to my job from home. At the end of January, I know someone who traveled from Hong Kong, and arrived with a nasty cough and was under bed rest. I attended an event in their apartment for about 3 hours. This is when the news had just broke out and only Wuhan's Hubei province was under quarantine so nobody thought much of it.. It's very serious, and even for those that will get past it, they will cause harm for others that are either old, have asthma, sickle cell anemia, etc etc... not to be taken lightly, it's not conspiracy, it's a real contagious virus. I understand where you're coming from where you are only hearing about it but can't see any results, but there is no doubt when you catch it

Jeez, I don't know what to type or ask you at all

Most important question of all

Are you ok now?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by todugo(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
MYZOLE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDTKNtRIm8

Please, we all need to be educated more on this virus. Cause it seems it has spread more than what we are being told. Here are some advices from a professor
The proffessor abe doctor they tell pesin not to touch face but in dey there they rob hand for face grin grin chain...anyway that was informative

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by salford: 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
NubaVertigo:

I believe the virus has been in North America (Canada/US/Mexico) for a while Dec/Jan I think. The Chinese government kept it secret for a longtime. I am in Canada, and I had a similar experience but mine was shortlived (maybe in a space of 2 weeks). I had symptoms on maybe 4 to 7 days in between the two weeks. The symptoms were not consistent too so it makes it more confusing. Like heavy breathing on day 1, fever on day 3, sore throat on day 7. They dissapear quickly just as they came. The symptoms occured separately and not together. Told my wife and she thought I was hallucinating or something.

1st symptoms: I suddenly woke up from sleep around 2am-ish and found myself breathing heavily. If I was a sound sleeper, I probably won't even wake up or notice. I almost went back to sleep immediately and up till today, that experience was still strange to me. This was sometimes around late February.

symptoms 2: I had a few chills (like very mild fever) in between. Just for a night or two.

symptom 3: I later developed a sore throat few days after. I have rarely have a sore throat. The sore throat is now gone after I started gaggling with hot water.

Till date, I am still confused if it was just a cold or the covid. The fever was very mild, probably the mildest I have experienced, the sore throat wasn't terrible bad too. Just felt like someone was pulling my throat muscle. Never had the cough.

A work colleage came from Vegas sometimes on the 22 of February. could be her that brought the virus. No one knows. She was sick for a while too and are husband sick too. She felt all she had was a cold.

Interestingly, some people, wont even know they had it. They would just think they had a cold or a mild flu. It's when it gets into the body of the elderly or those with serious underlying condition that it causes issues.
Kids may hardly notice it and won't probably show symptoms.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by NubaVertigo(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
DAVE5:

Jeez, I don't know what to type or ask you at all

Most important question of all

Are you ok now?

I am okay

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by NubaVertigo(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
salford:

I believe the virus has been in North America (Canada/US/Mexico) for a while Dec/Jan I think. The Chinese government kept it secret for a longtime. I am in Canada, and I had a similar experience but mine was shortlived (maybe in a space of 2 weeks). I had symptoms on maybe 4 to 7 days in between the two weeks. The symptoms were not consistent too so it makes it more confusing. Like heavy breathing on day 1, fever on day 3, sore throat on day 7. They dissapear quickly just as they came. The symptoms occured separately and not together. Told my wife and she thought I was hallucinating or something.

I suddenly woke up from sleep and found myself breathing heavily. If I was a sound sleeper, I probably won't even wake up or notice. I almost went back to sleep immediately and up till today, that experience was still strange to me. This was sometimes around late February. I had a few chills (like very mild fever) in between. I later developed a sore throat few days after. I have rarely have a sore throat. Now the sore throat is gone after I started gaggling with hot water.
Interestingly, some people, wont even know they had it. They would just think they had a cold or a mild flu. It's when it gets into the body of the elderly or those with serious underlying condition that it causes issues.

I agree. With all the rapid intertravel in today's time, it has definitely been around for a while. There is a cnn youtube video where one guy in Georgia state caught it and was turned away from the hospital because they hadn't yet got coronavirus test equipement, so he went back to his church and sung in his choir and everything, his wife is a flight attendant and a few others in the choir now have it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcb38Pbmmpw

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by DAVE5(m): 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
NubaVertigo:

I am okay

Thank God for that

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by salford: 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2020
NubaVertigo:

I agree. With all the rapid intertravel in today's time, it has definitely been around for a while. There is a cnn youtube video where one guy in Georgia state caught it and was turned away from the hospital because they hadn't yet got coronavirus test equipement, so he went back to his church and sung in his choir and everything, his wife is a flight attendant and a few others in the choir now have it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcb38Pbmmpw
With the way the virus gives different symptoms in different people, it's very easy to believe that it could be manmade.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by OIaIan: 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
This post is not applicable to Nigerians, hungry go just finish you, light Mata self join am,

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
OIaIan:
This post is not applicable to Nigerians, hungry go just finish you, light Mata self join am,

COPYCAT
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by MYZOLE: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
todugo:

The proffessor abe doctor they tell pesin not to touch face but in dey there they rob hand for face grin grin chain...anyway that was informative

But if you look am, it's difficult for one not to touch face in an hour ooo

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
Stay safe, stay alive.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
if someone should practice a good hygiene at least that will stop the coronavirus.everyday when i come back from class the first thing i do is take a shower then wash my clothes before i do anything at home

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by foolbuster: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lovelies1:
Corona virus

Prayer
Remind God of his word

Genesis 1:26-28
Luke 12:16-20
Luke 12:23

Oga keep the religious bulshit to yourself use your common sense and protect yourself. There are no less than 10 epidemic 10 times worse than corona virus that humans have survived. More will come and we will continue surviving.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by darediamond(m): 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
Orion01:
The fact that Buhari has not addressed the nation shows how incompetent he is. It is the minister of health we see all the time. The same attitude he showed towards the fulani herdsmen situation till It got worse. Other leaders of the world are reassuring their citizens and informing them about what they are doing. The dummy we have as president is playing silent game with us. The truth is, we dont have what it takes to manage this epidemic should it spiral out of control in Nigeria. Imagine washing your hands regularly and still caught the virus, somehow we are still going to touch something, forget to wash and then touch our face.
God help us
BUHARI IS DEAD!!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
DCmonster:
The mod that banned me should self isolate. Now the whole world knows how useless buhari government is. Over here in the Carribbeans the government declared national emergency and closed down schools, offices for 14 days with just one case reported. Nigerian government didn't nothing but hogwashed the media with an Italian covid-19 carrier.
You were banned because of an Arab religion Legend??
Chai!!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
NubaVertigo:

How are you faring now??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) / Church Usher Commits Suicide After Accused Of Defiling His Neighbour's Daughter / How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.